CHAPTER 38

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

162cfe1bbb7cd7d0136121740440.jpg

NO ONE POVS

Classes resumed today, everything was back to normal. Nayeon and Jeongyeon were the old Tom and Jerry couple who loves to bicker every given time but this time it's full of fondness, none of them would be honest with each other but the rest of them can see it. They can see how Nayeon and Jeongyeon looked at each other and you know what they say,

Eye's don't lie.

Today after class, Jeongyeon was hanging outside the school's rooftop. Nayeon was busy with something and let's all be honest, Yoo Jeongyeon wouldn't be anywhere near the library if it wasn't for Im Nayeon.

*INCOMING CALL : PARK JIHYO*

*INCOMING CALL : PARK JIHYO*

JH : "Hey where are you?"

JY : "At the rooftop, is there something wrong?"

JH : "What?????"

JY : "Well, you only call me when something is happening."

JH "Rude. Then enjoy your alone time."

JY : "Wait, wait, I'm sorry okay? What's up?"

JH : "Hmm so unnie is not with you right now, right?"

JY : "Majayo?"

JH : "Did she tell you why?"

JY : "She said she has to do something so I'm just waiting until we can go home."

JH : "I and the girls are in the auditorium right now. Were trying to get into the 4th year senior play, Romeo and Juliet. I think almost every 4th year is here. "

JY : "Ji it's not really clicking for me."

JH : "Pabo, she's here. She's trying to get the most important role."

JY : "Ehhhh?"

JH : "I'm just saying, it's not too late. Audition is still ongoing."

JY : "I'll be there in a minute. Sign me up!"

JH : "Hahaha hai! Hai!"

And when Jihyo told Jeongyeon the news of Nayeon auditioning for the play, the taller girl didn't hesitate to run to the auditorium. She thought if Nayeon would be Juliet there is no one else befitting to be Romeo than herself. 

When she got there, there was only three people left in line, she made it and was the last person to audition. They were told to gather the next day for the announcement. On there way home,

JY : "You didn't tell me you want to be a part of the play."

NY : "Well it wouldn't matter right? By the way, I didn't notice you're interested in such things."

JY : "Not really, I just heard someone's auditioning, everyone has a part in the play. So I didn't want to be left out."

NY : "Hahaha what a baby. You could've volunteer to be a tree instead of auditioning for the main role. Our Jeongie just doesn't want to be alone." She then smacks Jeongyeon's shoulder.

JY : "Yah! I mean it wouldn't make sense if it's not the main role."

NY : "Of course... You're Yoo Jeongyeon, the brattiest of the Yoo but with that height, I still think you'll be a good tree haha."

JY : "Really Im Nayeon? Fine, then I'll be tree A."

NY : "Hahaha I'm just kidding with you, of course, you'll make a fine Romeo. I bet you after this play, you'll have more girls coming after you."

JY : "Aren't all the girls in school like me already?"

NY : "Airhead, of course not everyone."

Jeongyeon stared at Nayeon, she knew exactly what the older girl meant.

JY : "Right..... Now get out of my car."

NY : "Omo, you're kicking me out? Just like that?"

JY : "I'm counting to three if you don't get out, I'll take you for an hour drive."

JY : "1....."

NY : "Pffft arraso, thank you for driving me home. I'll see you tomorrow Yoomeo."

JY : "Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Good night!"

-

The next day when they went to the auditorium. Jeongyeon and her friends were sitting in the furthest while Nayeon and her friends were in front.

MS. PARK : "Is everyone here?"

EVERYONE : "Hai!"

MP : "I'll be calling out the names and the parts you'll be taking part of. Starting next week we'll have our practice every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after class, without further ado.

Kim Jennie, Manoban Lisa would be the head of production and costume.

Kim Jisoo and Park Chaeyoung would be in charge of music and sound effects.

Minatozaki Sana as the niece of Lord Capulet, Rosaline.

Chou Tzuyu as Romeo's cousin, Benvolio.

Kim Dahyun as Mercutio Romeo's close friend.

Hirai Momo as Friar Laurence

Son Chaeyoung as Count Paris, one of Juliet's suitor.

MP : "For our main role......"

Jeongyeon was happy for her friends but this is what she really cares about.

MP : "Yoo Jeongyeon as Romeo Montague." The taller girl couldn't hide her smile.

MP : "And Myoui Mina as Juliet Capulet." She glared at Jihyo, this was not what she expected to hear after her name.

MP :        

MP : "Im nayeon would be the director of the play along Park Jihyo as the assistant director. Scripts will be given out before you go, any objections or suggestions, please see me. Have a good day everyone."

JY : "Park Jihyo!!!!!" She said as she made her way to Jihyo, who was sitting on the other end.

CY "Oh, oh she's about to explode."

JY : "You told me Nayeon was getting the main role."

JH : "Correction, I said she's getting the most important role, and that's the director."

JN : "It's not our fault you're whipped."

LS : "Maja."

JY : "Aish....."

TY : "Did you really just audition because you thought unnie's playing Juliet?"

JY : "Isn't it obvious?!?!?!?!?" She said sarcastically.

DH : "Calm down, what are you planning to do now?

JY "I have to object, I'm not doing this anymore."

JH : "But Jeong, you're the best one to play the role."

JY : "You have Chaeng and it's Mina. Wouldn't be better if they pair up?"

CY : "Even if I want to, I agree with unnie. You're the best one to do the part."

JY : "Mianhe but you just have to do it without me."

They followed Jeongyeon who was making her way to their teacher to quit. Jihyo was still trying to stop her.

MM : "Where are you girls going?" She said and stopped them.

SN : "Getting script?"

DH : "Ani....."

JH : "Jeong wants to quit."

JY : "Well, I figure this is not something I would do."

JS : "But you're the most suitable one for the role."

CY : "We told her that."

JY : "Mianhe, I didn't think about this but I'm sure there would be someone who can fill my spot."

NY : "Jeong can I talk to you?"

JY : "Yeah, what's up?"

NY : "Can we talk alone?"

JY : "Arraso."

MN : "We'll wait here. You guys take all the time you need."

Jeongyeon followed Nayeon outside the auditorium.

NY : "I thought you said you wanted to do this for someone?"

JY : "I did but I realized I really can't, mianhe."

NY : "Wae?"

JY : "I don't know I just don't feel it anymore."

NY : "Jeong, you're the best one from yesterday. That's why we decided to pick you."

JY : "Like what I said before, you'll surely find someone better than I am."

NY : "Aish... I guess we will but I still believe you're the best for this. It can't be helped I just have to look for someone else."

JY : "Mianhe Nabong."

NY : "Don't worry, I'll talk to Ms. Park."

They went inside the auditorium and Nayeon went straight to where their teacher was.

JH : "So what did she say?"

JY : "Same things."

JH : "Jeong haven't you noticed how special this is for her?"

JY : "Huh?"

JH : "A bunch of recruiters from universities are coming to watch the play. You know because our school play is one of the most anticipated senior play in Seoul, and they'll mostly give out scholarship. Unnie mentioned it to me once, she said she wants to go to Konkuk, that's why she worked hard to be the director of this play, the better the outcome the better chance for her."

JY : "Why didn't you tell me that sooner???"

JH : "I thought you knew. Besides, why would we try to convince you to keep the role, if it wasn't something important? Pabo, go."

She rushed to where Nayeon and Ms. Park was.

And that was the only thing that Jeongyeon needs to hear because once again this is Im Nayeon we're talking about. She'll do absolutely anything for her, she doesn't even think of what she'll get in return.

Everyone knew and we don't have to sugarcoat or put it in a long poetic paragraph. It's simple, Yoo Jeongyeon loves Im Nayeon. She'll do anything for her in a heartbeat.

NY : "Ms. Park about Yoo Jeongyeon."

MP : "What about her Nayeon-ssi?"

JY : "Oh I just wanted to know what will my costume look like? I used to get this ugly fits back when I was in grade school, so..."

MP : "Haha I understand, you can talk to Jennie and Lisa about that. You can even make a suggestion as long as it doesn't hinder them."

JY : "Gomawo Ms. Park, I'll see you next time. Nayeon lets go?"

NY : "Hai, Ms. Park, thanks today."

She followed the taller girl, it was a mystery for her why Jeongyeon changed her mind. She didn't found the right time to ask her how it happened until they were in front of her house.

NY : "Hey Jeong, I was wondering why did you change your mind?"

JY : "Sorry for the mix-up, I realized at the very end I want to do this."

NY : "Are you sure about this? It's not something you're doing for someone again? I don't want to hear you want to quit after a week, it'll be a mess."

JY : "Well...... Just trust me. I'm not quitting, and I'll make sure to do my very best for this."

NY : "Arraso, I'll be counting on you then."

JY : "Haiiiii! I'll see you tomorrow Nabong! :)"

NY : "Drive carefully, good night!"

Jeongyeon couldn't answer the older girl's question, she's in fact, doing it for someone, for her. The taller girl is head over heels for her, to simplify it,

Yoo Jeongyeon is whipped for Im Nayeon.

Yoo Jeongyeon is whipped for Im Nayeon        

---