CHAPTER 15

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

161f2cb5e6ed9081325506374066.jpg

"I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly."

-KATHLEEN KELLY IN YOU'VE GOT MAIL 

NAYEON'S POV

I've been learning different sides of Yoo Jeongyeon ever since I met her, today I learned how the rough and boyish turned into a soft and caring person.

-

Our day went on, and I was praying that Jeongyeon would remember the things we studied. If she could then this exam wouldn't be a problem.

After three long days of examination, we finally managed to see the end of it. I was on my way to the library when I received a message from Jeong, telling me to meet her in the school's lobby.

NY : "Hey Jeong."

JY : "Oh Nabong, you're finally here."

NY : "Gaja..."

JY : "Wait, don't tell me you're still planning on tutoring me today?"

NY : "I am."

JY : "Hahaha! Come on, we just finished our exam. There's nothing to review. Can we at least have a rest today? The girls already left to the arcade."

NY : "You do have a point... Hmm arraso, you're free to go."

JY : "Where are you going?"

NY : "Home? I'm gonna rest."

JY : "Im Nayeon, going home and locking your self in your room is not resting, is not even relaxing. You need to have different views from time to time."

NY : "I don't have any place I want to go."

JY : "I know, but I have one place I always run off when I want to relax. I'm sure you'll love it as much as I love it. Gaja."

She held my wrist and pulled me towards the stairs, I followed her up and I never knew that she loves this kind of place.

I mean I thought she's the kind to go some random bars or arcade but in contrast to her troublesome attitude she like quiet places like this.

I mean I thought she's the kind to go some random bars or arcade but in contrast to her troublesome attitude she like quiet places like this        

NY : "You know we're not supposed to be hanging in the rooftop on exam days."

JY : "Duh? Exams are over plus no one's here anymore, everyone left." She said as she walks outside.

JY : "Sit here with me."

NY : "Aish arraso."

The sky was orange as the sun was getting ready to kiss the ground. The wind was blissful and her hair was floating in it, her eyes were closed.

And if I would've to describe it, it was unreal her sharp jaw, her soft skin, her red lips, and the calmness she radiates. Everything around us was pulling me into her.

It was dreamy. Yoo Jeongyeon was dreamy.

And from here then, I decided to risk everything for this person next to me, if loving her would mean getting my heart shred into million pieces I would willingly submit to it        

And from here then, I decided to risk everything for this person next to me, if loving her would mean getting my heart shred into million pieces I would willingly submit to it. 

Because for me love is the risk you'll take just to protect the smile of that one person, even if you're well aware she'll never love you back. 

I love her and I want her to be happy.

-

It was already too late when I realized that I was already looking at her through my heart and not through my eyes. I just woke up to find that I'm in love with her. 

My first love was tragic, a story that ended even before it started, a love that always lays in "Maybe in our next life".

I fell in love with someone who loves someone else.

I was already drowning in her smile and how she makes everything fun for me. The way everything seems to be revolving around her.

I have fallen deeper that it was impossible to get out of it and the deeper I fall the more I realize that this is harder than any exam that I have taken, 

A lesson still waiting to be tackle. 

A problem that I've yet to find a solution. 

A phenomenon that even science find hard to explain.

-

JY : "What do you plan after high school?" She said as she looked at me.

NY : "I'm planning to apply BFA major in film making in Konkkuk."

JY : "So you want to be a filmmaker? Director?"

NY : "Hmm yeah.."

JY : "That's new."

NY : "Wae???"

JY : "Well your smart I thought you'll go for medicine or engineering. "

NY : "It didn't even cross my mind. Film making has been a dream of mine since I was little and how about you?"

JY : "Me? I haven't figured out." She smiled and closed her eyes again.

NY : "Yoo Jeongyeon, you have less than a year. You should be taking this seriously. Aren't you the one inheriting your dad's restaurants?"

I closed my eyes hoping that I'll feel the same thing she's feeling right now and I did, it was a magical place. Although my eyes were closed my surrounding was really clear, I can feel the wind kissing my cheeks.

JY : "I am.. I like cooking but I'm still figuring out if I want to do it all my life."

NY : "That's the problem when you get everything you want."

JY : "Huh?"

NY : "You haven't worked hard for it and you think it's not challenging since someone already laid a plan for you but once you work for it you'll know the difference."

JY : "So you think if I work for it, I might find fulfillment?"

NY : "Of course, that's why they say hard work pays off. If you really want it, you should work hard for it."

JY : "Does that mean if I work hard enough I'll get everything I want?"

NY : "Not everything.... But at least it'll give you a chance."

JY : "Then I'm okay, I'm fine knowing at some point I did get a chance."

NY : "You seem off the topic... What are you referring to?" I opened my eyes only to find her staring at me.

JY : "Uhm... What do you think?"

She looked at me as if she was staring straight to my soul.

NY : "Nothing.."

JY : "Hahaha let's talk about it next time. Gaja, Director Im, it's getting late." 

She said as she ruffles my hair, not the usual ones where she leaves me with messy hair in front of my eyes making it impossible for me to see, but rather a gentle brush. 

A warm and soft one.

-

I followed her down and into her car. The drive back home never felt this serine. It's like my heart found a different meaning of peace, I felt like an innocent child. A child who doesn't care about anything...

Before she leaves I took another glance at her.

-

If there is one thing that I'm sure of right now, it's... 

If Love was the question, Yoo Jeongyeon is definitely the Answer.

If Love was the question, Yoo Jeongyeon is definitely the Answer        

---