CHAPTER 44

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

162cff832e9e9fe1780052140511.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

You know what they say, time flies when you're having fun. That's exactly what happened to Nayeon and Jeongyeon. Before they knew it there done with their final exam and entrance exams. All of them took an exam in Konkuk.

And today Romeo and Juliet come to live.

Everyone was busy preparing backstage, Jeongyeon took a peek out of the curtain and saw her family seating in the crowd. Until her friends suddenly showed up at her back.

JH : "Oh would you look at that, the Yoo's are sitting with the Im's."

CY : "Seems the in-laws are comfortable with each other."

DH : "So is this a play or a wedding?"

JY : "Play since when we get married none of you guys are invited."

TY : "That's if you're getting married to unnie hahaha."

JY : "Yah!" She turns to face them. "If it's not her then there's not gonna be a wedding."

TY : "Calm down, I'm just kidding, of course, you get to marry her."

JH : "Before you worry about your wedding, you better start worrying if she's gonna make it alive even before this start." She pointed on the other side of the stage.

TY : "Here's water, give it to her."

JY : "Thanks finally you girls are useful."

CY : "What do you think of us? Just following you around?"

JY : "Yeah, am I wrong?"

DH : "Hmmmm."

JH : "This three yes, not me tho."

DH : "Enough of us, you go talk to her."

JY : "Arraso, you guys are still not invited to our wedding." She started running behind the curtain across the stage where the older girl was fanning herself

CY : "Tell her you love her first, jeez."

-

JY : "Nayeon?"

The older girl didn't answer, didn't even flinch.

JY : "Im Nayeon??"

JY : "Hey Nabong!?"

Jeongyeon held the ice-cold bottle water against Nayeon's cheeks.

Jeongyeon held the ice-cold bottle water against Nayeon's cheeks        

NY : "Yah!" She looked up and found Jeongyeon in her costume.

JY : "Oh welcome back. Why are you so distracted? We're gonna start soon."

Nayeon stood up and stick her head out of the curtain, Jeongyeon followed her.

NY : "See those people in the first row?"

JY : "Yeah?"

NY : "They're from different universities, including Konkuk."

JY : "And? Why are you getting worried? You probably aced their entrance exam."

NY : "Probably but it would be different if I get a scholarship."

JY : "Arraso, let's stop looking at them. Stop thinking about them." She said as she pulls Nayeon back in. "You did a great job, scratch that, you did an amazing job. I'm sure they'll come after you, not only them but the other schools. They'll be fighting to get Im Nayeon to there program."

"So stop worrying, just believe okay? I'll make sure this would be the best play they'll see. If they don't I'll just snap their necks."

NY : "Pabo hahaha I'm not gonna visit you in jail."

JY : "Now that's more like it, don't hide your bunny teeth that's our lucky charm."

NY : "Yah!" She hits the younger girl's shoulder.

JY : "Hahaha, I need to go to my place. Remember to breathe in and breathe out, I'll be right there with you :)"

Nayeon felt relieved, Jeongyeon was right she doesn't need any kind of validation.

-

The play started with mellow music and heartwarming narration. Jennie and Lisa made an outstanding job in the crew's costume. One by one the act and scene that they've practiced so hard came alive and Jeongyeon didn't disappoint, she was true to her words.

One by one the act and scene that they've practiced so hard came alive and Jeongyeon didn't disappoint, she was true to her words        

Nayeon stood on the side of the stage for the whole play.

[ACT 1; SCENE 5]

JY : "When this dance is over, I'll see where she stands, and then I'll touch her hand with my rough and ugly one. Did my heart ever love anyone before this moment? My eyes were liars, then, because I never saw true beauty before tonight."

And when Jeongyeon said those words she was dead straight looking at Nayeon, as if she was talking about her. Everyone in the audience wouldn't notice it since Mina/Juliet was standing in the side where Nayeon was but for everyone next to her, Chaeyoung, Sana, Momo, Jihyo, Dahyun, and Tzuyu, it was very obvious.

Yoo Jeongyeon can only see Im Nayeon right now.

Even Nayeon notices how Jeongyeon looked at her with sparkling eyes when she uttered those words        

Even Nayeon notices how Jeongyeon looked at her with sparkling eyes when she uttered those words. She wants to believe that the taller girl meant it for her but then again she's Im Nayeon, Jeongyeon could tell her how much she loves her and she'll make up hundreds of reasons not to believe it was real.

Im Nayeon would hold on to something she thought she could never have, she's afraid of losing the time remaining. That's why she didn't want to risk anything. 

-

Jeongyeon and Mina drew everyone into the play, like they're part of it and not just watching. Before they knew it the play has ended and everyone was up on their feet, Jihyo and Nayeon got pulled in the center of the stage, to live the moment.

The taller girl runs backstage to grab the bouquet for them.

"Hi, I'm from Konkuk department of arts. I watched your performance and I must say you did amazing, I'm gonna go straight to my point. We have several scholarships, and if you want to talk to me about one of that position?"

JY : "Hi, I don't do these things. It's my first time and everything I did was because of her." She pointed at Nayeon. "If it wasn't for her I would've pulled through this. If you're looking for someone shell be the best one."

"Oh Im Nayeon, she's been on top of our list, the girl didn't have to do this to get our attention. To be honest with you, she's the reason why we're here. Here's a card, you can call me if you change your mind. You should go, this is one of the best moments in theater, and if you could let her know we're gonna wait for her. Thank you."

Jeongyeon runs to Nayeon with a bouquet. When she got there she was squished in the middle right next to her, the group was busy taking pictures and Jeongyeon saw how Nayeon's smile glows like it was the only source of light in this confined auditorium. It was something special for the older girl and she was glad that she could be a part of it.

It was something special for the older girl and she was glad that she could be a part of it        

When everything was over, some people started to leave. Jeongyeon was still by Nayeon side, like how she told her a while ago.

JY : "Congrats Nabong :)"

NY : "You did a great job!!! I should be treating you to something."

JY : "I don't need anything I'm glad I was part of this." *Ruffles Nayeon's hair* "Now go." She pointed at Nayeon's back.

JY : "She's from Konkuk, she's been waiting for you. Go get that scholarship :)"

NY : "Thanks Jeongie! I'll be back soon."

And this is what she gets for doing something she's not interested with. She gets to be a part of that dream Nayeon has always desired and somehow she feels contented. She realizes that everything she did for Nayeon was worth it, that none of them went to waste.

She realizes that everything she did for Nayeon was worth it, that none of them went to waste        

---