CHAPTER 21

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

1621138422ee6ec6599057642268.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

Nayeon made her way to the field and everyone was already lined up. The students usually stand by year, she and the girls from 4A always stand in the front while Jeongyeon and her friends always stay in the back, under the shade of a tree.

SN : "Ohayo Nayeon unnie!"

NY : "Keep your voice down it's making my head hurt."

JS :        

JS : "Omo a grumpy bunny appeared."

NY : "Why is it too bright?"

SN : "It's not the sun's fault you can't handle your alcohol."

NY : "Shhhh someone might hear you."

JS : "And partly it's because you're old hahaha."

NY : "Not that your any younger than me, pabo."

JS : "Ouch! Careful with your words."

RS : "She's not really wrong though haha"

MN : "Okay stop bothering the old people, yes that includes you Jisoo, here unnie." She handed Nayeon a folder "You'll have to let it go later once the assembly begins."

NY : "Gomawo. Is Momoring running late again?"

SN : "Aniyo, it's the 4th year turn to do the morning exercise. So Momo is our representative."

RS : "4B has Lisa and 4C has Moonbyul."

JS : "That's why Solar's group is in the front. Solar!"

SL : "Oy! :) Good morning."

Solar and her group are like Jeong's, they like to stay in the back every time. 

NY : "Goodbye folder."

JS : "Old hag hahaha."

NY : "Yah!"

The ceremony ended and there was one last thing to do, the morning exercise and this thing takes half an hour. Momo, Lisa, and Moonbyul was still preparing when a huge shade covered Nayeon, a cloud perhaps? All that mattered was she can open her eyes again.

But what she thought was a huge cloud passing by was actually the twin tower of 4B who came upfront for the very first time in high school.

And Nayeon thought Jeongyeon just came to the front so that she could stand next to Mina, what she didn't know was the taller girl stood there so the angle that her shadow made would fall perfectly in Nayeon's place.

And Nayeon thought Jeongyeon just came to the front so that she could stand next to Mina, what she didn't know was the taller girl stood there so the angle that her shadow made would fall perfectly in Nayeon's place

TY : "Why did you have to drag us with you."

JY : "Come on show some enthusiasm. We need to pump our energy."

DH : "To hell with that, you've always skipped the morning assembly because you said its a drag. And now you're gonna ask us to show some enthusiasm?"

JH : "She does have a point."

JN : "Just tell us you want to be next to Nayeon unnie."

JY : "And what if I did? Are you telling me you didn't want to see Lisa?"

By this time her boldness is not even surprising to everyone because all of them knew except for you know who, but you can't really blame her for being dense. 

Yes she's dense, to be honest, she can be awarded for it but the thing was, the more Jeongyeon do things like this, the more Nayeon believes that it's not really her, that she's just a cover-up.

JN : "Lisa can handle it without me, besides I'm with her every time."

CY : "Ohh the shades from the tree. How I miss you, I promise not to take you for granted anymore."

JH : "Just stand here, excuse us." She said as she stood next to the girls in 4A.

SN : "You're welcome here."

JH : "Gomawo haha see Jeongyeon and Tzuyu's shadows are enough to cover all of us."

TY : "Yah!"

SN : "So why did the girls of 4B decided to come up front?"

DH : "For momo unnie!"

JN : "For Lisa!"

CY : "For everyone!"

SN : "Come on Tzu say it."

TY : "For no one."

JY : "Hahaha I'm having a series of flashbacks right now. Didn't you say you'll call her love if she wants to?"

TY : "No I didn't!"

CY : "You did what? Hahaha whipped!"

TY : "Said by the one who suddenly disappeared on us."

DH : "Maja! Both of you are whipped!"

CY : "Ehhhh? You can't even stand up because you and Momo unnie are clinging to each other so much."

TY : "Let's just settle this already! Hyung is the most whipped here. After ignoring us she suddenly pops out of nowhere like a ing magician because of someone who can't handle her alcohol that well."

CY, DH : "Agree! Hahaha."

Jeongyeon just laughed with them, she saw Nayeon massaging the side of temples.

JY : "Okay kids, are you done? We should stop, your grandma is having a hard time with loud noises right now."

NY : "Yah! Did you really call me grandma?"

JY : "Mianhe are you having a problem with your hearing now? Should I speak louder? Hahaha!"

LS : "Class 4B attention please." She said while she grins on them.

CY : "How could Lisa call us out? Traitor."

JN : "Oh baby you have all my attention."

TY : "Okay gross."

MN : "Hahaha you guys don't fail to make us laugh."

JS : "What are you saying I make you guys laugh all the time."

RS : "Stop being competitive and just agree with it."

JS : "Aish...."

The morning exercise went on. The shades that Jeongyeon and Tzuyu provided made everything better for Nayeon and soon enough her headache was gone. 

This is how the summer end.

-

A week had passed since fall has started, it's the season of light jackets and warm hugs. Nayeon was having dinner with her family when her phone rang.

*INCOMING CALL : YOO JEONGYEON*

NAYEON'S DAD : "Who's that?"

NY "It's Jeong. I'll just call her back later."

NM : "It's fine, go talk to her."

NY : "Hmm then I'll be back shortly."

She steps out for a moment to pick up the call.

JY : "Hey Nabong what are you doing????"

NY : "I'm having dinner right now. Do you need anything?"

JY : "Oh I'm sorry, I just call to tell you (I love you) that I'm not picking you up tomorrow since the roads near the school get easily flooded."

NY : "That's fine, I'll take the bus to school. Thank you for telling me."

JY : "And one more thing, what bus schedule do you get in?"

NY : "Hmm the 06:30 one."

JY : "Isn't that too early for 8 am?"

NY : "Since it's gonna rain, there might be traffic so I will rather be early than late."

JY : "Hahaha arraso got it. You should go back, I'll see you tomorrow Ms. Im. Eat more okay? Its gonna get cold we can't afford you getting sick, hmm you know, cause old people are more vulnerable in this season."

NY : "Yah!"

JY : "I'm just joking no need to get worked up. Hahaha I'm hanging up, good night Nabong!"

NY : "I'm letting you off this time, good night Jeongie."

*END OF CALL*

High school will never be the same and Nayeon knew that. She knew that after 5, 6 or 7 years when she looks back, she'll remember this moment and she'll smile, and laugh, and cry..

Her high school was summarized by this one year when a certain someone thought her that love and pain come together, like a promo in the grocery store.

But these are the things she wouldn't want to forget and not even regret because Yoo Jeongyeon will always be the right one at the wrong life for Im Nayeon.

Before she went back inside she looked at the moon, that was barely showing because of the clouds hovering around it. *Sighed.*

"Maybe in our next life."

---

---

(A/N) Since I finished my MiChaeng fic, I'll TRY to update twice a week from now. It's still a long way, I think the ending will be around Chapter 40-50? Hahaha we'll it's not really that long since I keep my chapters around 1-2k words. 

And again, I'm asking people if they have spare time, go and stream More & More. Download CHOEAEDOL; VOTE FOR TWICE

If we could win another 6 days and maintain being within the 2nd place until august 2, we'll have the chance to give them this award. Again, No pressure if you're busy it's fine. It'll be great if you can vote even if its 100 or 100k it'll be appreciated :) But if you have something important, do it before anything else. I attached a photo that I got from Twice Global, It helps a lot but if there's something you don't get I'll be glad to guide you.

 We win as one :) Fighting Once! 

 We win as one :) Fighting Once! -Yoo Robin