CHAPTER 36

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

16299f54258be726884662645045.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

It's Nayeon's mom 4th day being under observation in the hospital, thus Nayeon getting sleepless night.

She spent most of her time in school staring blankly at there classroom windows, the teacher didn't really say anything since they knew what the girl was going through. It was even hard for her to eat properly, thankfully Jeongyeon and her stubborn was there. She wouldn't let the older girl skip a meal. After class, she goes straight back to the hospital and leaves Jeongyeon with Mina.

She takes the bus going to school and coming back to the hospital. Nayeon wouldn't admit it but she knew deep inside she needs someone, someone who's just gonna be there for her, she knew she doesn't need any words, she just needs someone's presence. She was hoping it could be Yoo Jeongyeon but she didn't want her to be dragged into this. 

That's why when Jeongyeon agreed not to drive her, she was glad but at the same time, she was wishing the taller girl's stubbornness would prevail.

-

The last thing Nayeon heard before leaving for school was her mom can go home today. Her parents looked at her, smiled warmly, and thanked her for the sacrifices she made. She didn't know what's going inside her, she was happy but there's this weird feeling in her. She bid her goodbyes and see you later and head off the bus stop.

Today Nayeon would be coming back to there home.

The moment she got out she noticed the pile of snow in the side of the road, it was still pouring down and since she's been out of her senses, she didn't realize she was wearing a light jacket for this kind of weather. She didn't even have her scarf with her. She suddenly stop on her track, stood in the front of the hospital, and looked up in the sky.

Now that everything was okay and almost back to normal, she understands this ty feeling that was brewing inside her a while ago        

Now that everything was okay and almost back to normal, she understands this ty feeling that was brewing inside her a while ago. It was the feeling of being scared, she was scared of losing her mom, the anxiety that she felt and the sadness she tried hard to hide. It was all of this who had her heart bursting. It was something she wants to let go since the first day, she wanted to cry but she couldn't let anyone saw her like that, thus she started pretending she was okay.

-

It was freezing, but Nayeon couldn't feel anything, her body grew numb. All she can do was watch this white smoke that was coming from her heavy breathing. Until she heard a voice with a familiar warmth, one that was comforting and one that she's been longing for.

"Don't get yourself sick."

She knew it was Yoo Jeongyeon even without looking back at her. Her heart knows who this voice belongs to.

NY :        

NY : "What are you doing here?" She didn't look back at her because of the fear she might cry the moment she sees the taller girl.

JY : "I happened to pass this way, I thought of checking on you. Where's your umbrella?"

Jeongyeon was telling the truth when she said she wanted to check on the older girl but she was lying when she said she just happened to pass by. Because she's been driving early in the morning to check on her, she wouldn't show herself since Nayeon asked her not to.

In fact she follows the bus that Nayeon rides on and she does the same thing going back to the hospital. Mina agreed to not letting Nayeon know that they're not really studying together since Jeongyeon insisted, and what Jeongyeon wants Jeongyeon gets (Not Im Nayeon tho).

Jeongyeon would even stop at every stop that the bus would make. This was the only way she knows she could still be there for Nayeon.

NY : "I'm fine."

JY : "You're not... You rarely forget to wear the right jacket, this is too light. You'll burn your skin in this cold."

Nayeon felt this gentle hand caressing the top of her head.

"Tell her Nayeon, tell her you need her that you're not fine. Tell her how scared you felt, that you're glad she's here. Tell her you wanted to be with her for these past days. Open up to her....... Just tell her." She said in the back of her mind.

NY : "I'm fine." But this was the only word that came out of her.

Nayeon felt Jeongyeon coming closer to her, the next thing she knows she was inside the taller girls coat.

 Jeongyeon was wrapping her with a hug.

JY : "Arraso, if you want to tell everyone you're fine. Then it's fine but you know you can't lie to me. I've spent so much time with you, I know when you're not."

Jeongyeons' hug was comforting like it picked up the broken piece of Nayeons' heart and glued it back together. The older girl felt the warmth of her body and the hug just grew tighter and tighter like Jeongyeon was letting her know, she's not letting go, that she's right here and she's not going anywhere.

The older girl felt the warmth of her body and the hug just grew tighter and tighter like Jeongyeon was letting her know, she's not letting go, that she's right here and she's not going anywhere

NY : "I can't......" She hesitated but remember this is Jeongyeon, the Jeongyeon who's always been there for her. "I can't show anyone that I'm not. I don't want anyone to worry about me and my mom.... If she sees me like this, she'll just worry about me instead of her health."

Her voice started to crack.

JY : "I understand. I won't judge you, I won't force it to you but if it's just me. If it's just the two of us. You can let go, you can cry and I won't say a thing. You don't have to act tough around me, if you are your parents' strength, I'll be your strength. I'm here Nayeon."

It's funny how she couldn't say the word but Jeongyeon just saw pass through her. Like she was an open book that was easy to read, like she saw what Nayeon has in her mind and just blurted the words the older girl wants to hear.

Words that give her assurance in something she wasn't sure of.

Nayeon just cry, she didn't really think she'll need anyone's help up until the recent events. She grew up being strong especially if it's for her family, but she realizes she can't be like that all the time. Finally, she admits she needs someone and this just happened that this someone cannot be anyone other than Yoo Jeongyeon.

-

Jeongyeon just continued hugging the girl, she let Nayeon cry as much as she wants. It was freezing, but she didn't mind if it's for the older girl. Nayeon turned around and cried in her chest. The taller girl took one of her hands and gave Nayeon gentle pats on the head.

NY : "Thanks Jeongie, mom's going home today." She said with her muffled voice.

JY : "That's great news. Do you want to stay here? If you do, I'll tell the school and I'm sure they would understand."

NY : "Ani, dad, and Seoyeon are there."

Nayeon felt Jeongyeon slowly letting her go, she knew it was time to step back in reality. But the moment she opened her eyes, she saw Jeongyeon taking her scarf off.

JY : "Arraso, let's make sure you don't get sick okay?" The taller girl then wrapped the scarf around her neck. "I bought the car with me."

NY : "Uhm, thank you."

JY : "Ani, thank you. Thank you for letting me see you like this, for trusting me at your weakest. Gaja? The girls would be happy with your news :)"

Nayeon just followed her to the parking lot. The drive back to school was quiet but this time it's not the same deafening silence that they shared a couple of days ago.

It's rather calm and peaceful, like those lullabies that put you to sleep. Jeongyeon would steal a glance at the older girl who was taking a nap. Her eyes were all puffy, but her face was brighter compared to yesterday's.

This is the only important thing for Jeongyeon right now. The only thing she cares about.

Even though the older girl has yet to learn how she feels, Yoo Jeongyeon would risk everything just to be there for Im Nayeon.

---        

---

(A/N) Do you think this story is taking to long to end? Sorry, If I cut it short it wouldn't make justice for the two of them. But were getting there, since I'm updating 2 times a week now. Sorry but ending would probably be around Chapter 45-50.... I'm updating one more chapter today, it's just a filler tho.  Have a great day!!!! Stay safe and healthy!