CHAPTER 22

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

16211251d7990b46822200126645.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*

Nayeon was wakened up by the nonstop ringing and vibrating of her phone, she finds herself lying in bed, cold, and empty. Her blanket was not enough to warm her up and somehow she longs for someone's warmth.

When she got up, her room felt empty, dark, and isolated

When she got up, her room felt empty, dark, and isolated. The sun was nowhere to be found and even the moon who lights the darkest part of the day was not there. Its just dark clouds hovering the city, and there was this strange feeling brewing inside her. She wasn't sure what that was but it stings.

So she hurriedly turns the lights on, and along with the brightness of the bulb, her feeling started to get better.

She doesn't really like this kind of weather, Fall and winter has no color on it, it's just blunt. There's a lot of reason that she could write down but the first on her list is the sudden burst in emotion. Rain pulls out the saddest feeling you could ever make, it makes you wonder in such things you did within a single drop.

-

SY : "Unnie breakfast ready!"

NY : "Hai! Coming down!"

She went downstairs to find her younger sister still in her pajamas.

NY : "Why aren't you ready? You're gonna be late."

SY : "School canceled are class."

NY : "Ohhh lucky you."

NM : "Eat your breakfast, you should go while it's not that bad."

NY : "Arraso."

After eating her breakfast she took her jacket and was ready to head out.

NM : "Hey, did you bring your umbrella?"

NY : "Of course mom."

NM : "Don't get yourself wet okay? It's gonna be bad if you get sick."

NY : "I won't, I'll see you later. Seoyeon-ah don't give mom a hard time and help her okay?"

SY : "Hai!!"

Nayeon is really not a fan of umbrellas, she would rather put a box on her head than hold one. Even when her mom reminded her about it, she deliberately left it in her room. Good thing the rain had stopped for a while, so she runs to the bus stop with her hoodie on.

It's been months since she last took the bus, although it's just a day, she's starting to miss Jeongyeon. Not because she gets free ride but because of how the younger girl makes her day by teasing her. Her mornings haven't been this quiet for a while. That's why when she woke up earlier there was this emptiness that was lingering inside her, knowing she wouldn't see Jeongyeon until she gets to school made her feel this sort of thing.

-

There were 10 minutes left till the bus gets to her stop when the rain started to pour and suddenly a familiar car stopped in front of where she was standing, drop someone and just left.

There were 10 minutes left till the bus gets to her stop when the rain started to pour and suddenly a familiar car stopped in front of where she was standing, drop someone and just left        

JY : "Annyeong! :)" She said while she folded her umbrella.

NY : "What are you doing here? I thought you're not picking me up?"

JY : "I'm not, the bus is picking us up, right? And I didn't say that I'm not going with you."

NY : "You should've asked your driver to drive you straight to school."

JY : "Ehhh if I did, I'll be too early for class. Besides its been along time since I rode a bus, and with this weather? I want to sit beside the window, listen to mellow music, and pretend I'm in one of those sad music video Hahahahaha."

NY : "Pabooooo you do know its rush hour right? There's a higher chance of us standing."

JY : "Damn. I didn't think of that, well, better luck next time :)"

And just like that Nayeon's morning became warm. Suddenly it's perfect, Jeongyeon always shows up when she's needed the most. It's like she knew when the older girl starts to feel lonely. She fills the empty spot that Nayeon, herself made whenever she assumes that Jeongyeon is in love with someone else and not her, funny right?

The one who makes the empty spot also fill it.

-

The bus arrived and the people start to line up.

NY : "Did you bring your e-pass?"

JY : "E what?"

NY : "Electronic pass, its the one you use to pay its a tap card."

JY : "Ehhhhh I thought you pay with cash. Where can I  buy this?"

NY : "You actually can but paying cash at a time like this is a bothersome. Don't worry about it, I'll just lend you mine."

JY : "Gomawo I'll pay you back."

NY : "You don't have to, gaja."

And just like what Nayeon said, the bus was almost full there was one seat left when they boarded. It was a window seat.

NY : "You can take that seat."

JY : "Ani you take it."

NY : "I thought you want to emote in the window."

JY : "Hahaha that's not what I said but seriously you can sit, I just remember I haven't stretched my legs yet."

NY : "Are you sure?"

JY : "I insist."

NY : "Then I will, if you get tired let's switch okay?"

JY : "Arraso!"

Jeongyeon stood up, she was holding to a handlebar since there's a lot of people holding in the pole and she didn't really want to stay away that much from Nayeon. There was an older lady that was sitting next to her and was in the middle of them. 

Nayeon started to talk to the old lady, you can see how she adores the ahjumma.

"How can I not love you? When you're this kind?" Jeongyeon said in the back of her head.

-

When they got to the next stop. There were few people who boarded and one of them was a small girl that looks like a college student. 

She stood next to Jeongyeon, and she keeps on leaning towards the taller girl and since Jeongyeon didn't have a clue in what's happening, she just smiled at the girl. It didn't take a while for Nayeon to notice what's really happening. So on the next and last stop before there school, she stood up.

NY : "Miss you can take my seat, you look like your having a really hard time standing up." She said sarcastically.

"Oh no, I'm fine." The other girl respond.

NY : "Oh I insist, I don't mind standing since its almost our stop. Right Jeongie?"

JY : "Hmm if you say so Nabong."

The smaller girl just rolled her eyes on Nayeon and she just smiled back at her as if she won something. She stood next to Jeongyeon and was about to hold on to the bar but she figure she couldn't reach it. 

JY : "Hahaha tiny..."

NY : "Shut up. I'm good at balancing myself."

JY : "Let see about that hahahaha."

When the bus made a sudden stop Neyeon end up hugging Jeongyeon.

JY : "Thought you're good at balancing? Here you can hold onto my arms. Hold on as long as you need."

She said as she smile, taps her biceps and Nayeon complied. She tried hard not to let Jeongyeon know that her heart was beating fast. With what the taller girl said anyone would feel the same as her. So she just stood there in silence until they got to there stop.

Nayeon would hold on to her, she'll even grip tighter than needed. 

Nayeon would hold on to her until its time to let go of the younger girl. So even if this is just a fragment of imagination that she, herself made. She'll shamelessly hold on to this person, for as long as she needs her.

NY : "You should've told her your uncomfortable."

JY : "Huh?"

NY : "You know, that girl that keeps on leaning at you."

JY : "Oh I didn't really realize."

NY : "Ehhh? She's obviously making a move on you.."

JY : "What's wrong with that?"

NY : "What?!" Her voice grew louder.

JY : "Hahahaha I'm just kidding why are you getting mad. Are you jealous?"

NY : "Ani! I just didn't like it.... Whatever let's just go." She said while she put her hoodie on.

JY : "Wait where's your umbrella?"

NY : "I didn't have one. It's fine, I have my jacket."

JY : "Aish you do know your jacket is not gonna hold up to this rain right? You'll get sick."

NY : "Don't worry my immune system is strong and what about you and your leather jacket?"

JY : "Yah! This is waterproof... I think.. But forget that, here let's share my umbrella."

-

-

When they got inside the building the two of them just went straight to their classroom. Jeongyeon hanged her jacket in her chair. 

DH : "What happened?"

CY : "Why is it just the right side that's wet?"

TY : "Is your umbrella broken? Hahaha."

JY : "Hahaha mind your own ing business."

LS : "I guess it was broken hahaha."

JN : "And it seems like the owner is too."

JH : "Okay stop it..... Let's chip in to buy Jeong a new and bigger umbrella hahahaha!"

The truth was Jeongyeon's umbrella was made for one person only, she wouldn't carry anything bigger than what she already have. She was tilting it too much on Nayeon's side, making sure that the older girl won't get wet, and thus her "waterproof" leather jacket got soaked in one side.

---