CHAPTER 20

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

162338466fd4d892560321336579.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

A few minutes passed and they arrived at the Im's, Jeongyeon found Nayeon's key in her bag and left her inside the car while she tried to open the gate, the front door suddenly open.

NAYEON'S MOM : "Nayeon? Oh Jeongyeon-ah."

JY : "Auntie good evening."

NM : "Looks like she had too much fun. Can you help me carry her inside?"

JY : "I'll carry her auntie if you can just help me with the doors."

NM : "Gomawo."

And Jeongyeon carried Nayeon in her back while she followed the older Im inside the house.

NM : "You can put her down here. I'll take her up to her room." She said as she pointed at the sofa.

JY : "Let me carry her up auntie."

NM : "That's already too much."

JY : "Ani auntie, It's fine. It would be hard dragging her up :)"

NM : "Haha arraso, I'll take you up on that offer."

They made their way up to the second floor of the house, Jeongyeon followed Nayeon's mom into what seems to be Nayeon's room. It was full of books and most of her medals and certificate hung in the wall

NM : "I really appreciate you carrying her, it would be really hard since there's no one else to help me. Her sister is already sleeping and her dad had to go check on the site his currently working at. Can you stay here for a bit? I'll just check the gate and do you want some coffee?"

JY : "Oh no worries auntie, I'll just wait here."

NM : "Arraso I'll be back soon."

Jeongyeon just sat next to the sleeping Nayeon, she caresses her head while she admires the older girl.

NM : "Gomowa Jeong. I just want to double-check."

JY : "That's fine auntie. Hmm I'm deeply sorry for taking Nayeon home like this." She said owning something she didn't really do, she made a 180-degree bow in front of the older Im.

NM : "Omo please don't be, I'm glad."

And Jeongyeon looked at her with curiosity.

NM : "You see Nayeon is a perfect daughter, so perfect that she forgets to be a teenager. She always thinks of others before her, she's too matured for her age. I wanted her to experience everything a teenager should but instead, she stays home study every time and in the last year of high school she suddenly decided to have part-time work."

"At first, we're against it, she didn't have to do it. Her dad earns more than enough but she said she wanted to earn something on her own, so we just let it go. But after a while, we're happy that she pursued this work. It's the first time in her life that she has talked about something other than her lessons. Thank you Jeongyeon-ah, thank you for letting her experience what real teenage life is :)"

Jeongyeon was speechless, she couldn't find the right words to respond to what the older Im just said.

NM : "Don't worry about her, you should go home. It's getting pretty late."

JY : "Uhm auntie, thank you... Thank you for giving birth to Nayeon."

NM : "Hahaha I don't think that's the right thing to say but you're welcome."

JY : "Mianhe, I was too nervous."

NM : "Don't be, we should be familiar with each other and I hope I can be your mother-in-law in the future."

JY :

JY : "Ehhhhh?"

NM : "Was I mistaken?"

JY : "Uhmmm ani, is it too obvious?"

NM : "Nayeon's been telling me about the flowers that you "stole", the chocolates you didn't want to eat and there's a lot of stories I hear about you. I figure something was up. Mianhe, if she couldn't take the hint, she haven't really experienced what love is. So I'm pretty sure she's confused right now. I'll be rooting for you, Fighting!"

JY : "Hai :)"  She blushed at what the older Im said. "I'll see you on Monday Nabong, good night."

Jeongyeon followed the older Im downstairs. She said goodbye and apologize once again for what happened.

And she was laughing the whole drive back to her house. She remembers what she said about the older Im giving birth to Nayeon and how nervous she got, only to be told that the older Im wants to be her mother-in-law but the funniest thing about it was she confessed to her Mom even before she could properly confess to Nayeon.

NAYEON'S POV

If mom didn't wake me up, I would've been late. The first thing I did was text Jeongyeon that she could go straight to school, I didn't have the time to check my phone after that since I was running all over the place.

I spent my Sunday sleeping, hoping it'll get rid of my hangover but obviously it didn't and until now my head is still throbbing.

The only thing I could remember clearly was Sana, Tzuyu, Momo and I was betting on who could drink more. The rest of my memories from that night was vivid and cloudy. I wasn't sure which was part of reality and dream. 

Next thing I know it was already morning and I was in my bed. My mom said Jeongyeon took me home, I did remember seeing her but then again I wasn't sure which one really happened. I wanted to thank her but my hangover took the better of me. 

I was running downstairs when I heard a familiar laugh, one that sounds like she was having an asthma attack and there's only one person I know who laughs as if she's out of breathe.

And there she was, sitting next to my mom. They're laughing about who knows what.

When did these two get this close?

NY : "Jeong? You didn't receive my message?"

JY : "Oh good morning Nayeon, I did."

NY : "Then why are you here?"

JY : "Hmmm because I'm picking you up?"

NM : "That's not how you thank her Nayeon.

NY : "Mooooooom haay. Let's go Jeong we can still make it in time."

JY : "Arraso, auntie let's continue next time :) Have a good day."

NM : "Sure, come visit anytime you want. Be careful you two."

NY : "Hai, hai. See you later mom."

When we got to the car, Jeongyeon drove off and turn her audio on but she didn't put it on the usual loud deafening volume she does. She's even driving slower than usual.

JY : "Here." She said as she hands me a sun-glass. "You look like you're having a problem with the sun."

NY : "Ahh gomawo. Uhm about last time."

JY :

JY : "Yeah?"

NY : "Thank you, for picking me up. I was planning to text you but my headache was really terrible at that time."

JY : "Don't worry about it."

NY : "Hmm you didn't really have to do it, you know? I could've taken a taxi or something. I didn't want to bother you that late. Mianhe."

JY : "Hahaha are you for real? Did you know how you get that scratch in your knee? It's because your stubborn fell on the ground. Instead of feeling sorry how bout treat me to something?"

NY : "Arraso what do you want?

JY : "Hmm can I think of it first?"

NY : "Okay but I'm telling you now, I can't afford something that big okay?"

JY : "Hahaha don't worry, I'll make sure it's simple. I've bought some drinks for you. This is really good for a hangover."

NY : "Gomawo Jeong. I can't wait to get rid of this headache."

JY : "That's what you get for pretending you know how to drink."

NY : "Yah! Ouch..." I think shouting was a bad idea, I felt my head throb.

JY : "Hahaha drink it already. I promise not to give you a hard time, but only today okay?" She said as she messes with my hair.

And she did what she said, she didn't say a word until we arrive at school. I was ready to make a run to my classroom to drop off my things since morning assembly is starting soon.

JY : "I'll take your bag to your classroom. You can go straight to the field."

NY : "What about you?"

JY : "Don't worry about me, I've skipped the morning assembly too much the teacher doesn't look for me anymore. Hahaha, I'll follow you there, take your time walking so your headache won't worsen."

NY : "Don't even think of skipping okay?"

JY : "Hahaha, I won't, go!"

And today she is too considerate.

---