CHAPTER 53

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

1632776297ebb197911110748293.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

Im Nayeon will love Yoo Jeongyeon no matter who she is now.

The only problem she has right now is keeping herself sane until she can talk with the taller girl. Nayeon watch as Jeongyeon stopped in the middle of the stage, wipe her sweat with a handkerchief. it's seems thst the taller girl really became a fine young lady.

JY :

JY : "Annyeong! I'm Yoo Jeongyeon, I'm supposed to be the opening speech but I never thought traffic would've been bad, my apologies. Thanks for the build-up Ms. Kim, but I don't want them to look at me and see someone they couldn't reach. I want all of us to be friends. To be honest with all of you, I didn't really want to do this kind of thing, standing in front of a crowd makes me feel nervous. Even now that I'm here I'm still nervous but when they told me this is to give motivation for you guys I thought I couldn't say no to that, after all, I'm just like you guys before.

I would be probably be sitting in the back minding my business and not giving a f.... Mianhe haha. I could be that really pale looking girl, eating a bar of chocolate in the middle of a ceremony." She pointed at Dahyun.

Or that small girl who keeps on looking at the back

Or that small girl who keeps on looking at the back. Is your girlfriend there?" She asked Chaeyoung.

Is your girlfriend there?

"Haha mianhe, so like what I was saying. I'm the typical kind, I don't really care... That's what I was back then. And everything changes because of one person, and that person to me could be me to you, well I hope at least five of you haha!"

And everything changes because of one person, and that person to me could be me to you, well I hope at least five of you haha!

Jeongyeon still has this goofy side to her, or should we say she's still that Nojam hyung everyone knows?

"This is not an actual speech, I at those things instead I'm gonna share a short story of how a certain someone changed everything for me.. Some of you may already know but I am the daughter of Chef Yoo. Back when I was in high school I sit in the back of my class and sleep, I knew I'm not that smart and I was the daughter of a celebrity chef, if I fail I'm probably gonna get something from him right?

That's why I didn't try that hard with school not until I meet this girl in my last year of high school, well, my parents actually hired her to tutor me. She changed me, she is the epitome of hard work, she always gives her 100% in everything. She's annoying sometimes, she usually hits me when I get distracted, she also hits me when she's laughing. She finds my joke funny even though my friends keep telling her it's not. She's grumpy at times and she's really impatient but through all the things she was, she's the pillar of my success. She told me one time if I don't work hard enough, I won't get what you want.

And I thought she's funny, I could've everything I want, duh? I'm the youngest of the Yoos.. But she was right, I realized there are somethings that you can't have even with money or even if you're a stubborn girl, who won't accept no for an answer.

I remember telling her that I will make sure that the university she goes in would invite me to do a speech, that I would show her an inspirational and fun speech. Better from the guest speaker we had in high school. That was one of many things that pushed me to where I am today. I mean who's killing it right now? Hahaha"

Nayeon smile after hearing what Jeongyeon said. She remembers that day like it happened yesterday, she didn't think that what Jeongyeon promised to her back then will come true.

"Everyone keeps on asking me, what's the secret behind my success? It's not really a secret, it's having a goal and the eagerness to reach it. My goal was to be successful enough so that Konkuk will invite me to do a speech. I can see my sister hitting her face with her palm from here haha."

This is when Nayeon realized that the Jeongyeon standing in front of all of them is still the same goofy, mischievous Jeongyeon she met from high-school.

She's still her Yoo Jeongyeon.

        

"On a serious note, this goes for you guys, for everyone here. Even if it's a small goal take it, make it your fire and from there it would start something for you. I didn't get to have the one thing I desired the most at that time. Maybe because I wasn't really trying hard to earn it? So I made sure to work my off for the past 4 years. So when I come back here, I can show my face to her, and maybe I could finally have what I always hoped for.

So for everyone one here, students, professors, parents, and friends. I want you all to know that trying is the best way to achieving.

With that in my mind, excuse me for a moment but this would be out of topic. Im Naeyeon? Im Nayeon-ssi?

Jeongyeon started scanning the crowd, Nayeon didn't know what to do, she didn't want to stand up or raise her hand but she did want to run to the taller girl and forget the whole graduation, everyone around her including her friends pointed at where she's at.

"There you are Nabong! You were right I look better in a suit than leather jackets, I heard you finished on top again, I've been meaning to ask you this for a long time now but are you sure that you're smart and not stupid? Pabo anya??? Why would you congratulate me on someone I don't love? No offense Ms. Myoui, but everyone knew that it's always been you, it's you from the start.

You're annoying, sometimes violent, you're impatient, and sometimes you're a hazard to the society, most importantly you're dense but at the same time you're beautiful and caring, you're selfless, and you're breathtaking/out of this world. Im Nayeon, with all due respect to everyone here who has a crush on her." Jeongyeon chuckles.

"I love you. Yes, I'm not practicing here. I LOVE YOU IM NAYEON!"

She shouted on top of her lungs, pointing at where the older girl was        

She shouted on top of her lungs, pointing at where the older girl was. Declaring her undying love. Nayeon was in tears, she was a mess. Her cheeks were red and her eyes were puffy.

The crowd went wild as if it's not a graduation ceremony the dean had to go up the stage to grab Jeongyeon, Nayeon saw how she got scolded and how the dean let her go after she smiled at her. Funny how Yoo Jeongyeon still gets away with a smile.

It might seem that the taller girl had changed a lot but her mischievousness would probably never leave her.

-

The ceremony proceeded and destiny really proving them that they're meant to be. Jeongyeon was the one who gave her diploma when the photographer was about to take a picture of them. Instead of a picture of the graduate shaking the hands of the guest, Jeongyeon pulled Nayeon closer to her, removed her graduation cap, and mess with her hair.

Nayeon felt dizzy the whole time, It's like seeing a ghost the only difference was she knew Jeongyeon was coming back. It just happened to be after she just accepted that it's not gonna be today.

---