CHAPTER 49

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

162e3bbd89a413ae575076964113.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

"You're not my almost, Im Nayeon you're my always. Remember that I love you, more than anything in this world. I hope to see you again one day.

Yoo Jeongyeon

BTW I HATE LOTUS ROOT!"

-

She didn't know how to feel or what to do, she laid the notebook on her bed while she cries. Then a wind blow through her window flip the pages of the notebook and then stopped on the very end.

Looking at it brings back memories, it was a checklist of the things she told Jeongyeon. 10 to be precise, but none of them was checked, Nayeon starred at it she recalls the days they shared.

 Flowers or chocolates. (Jeongyeon never fail to give her flowers before fall started, she always give her a bar of chocolates.)

✅ Show her that you'll do things even if you don't find interest in it. (Jeongyeon watching cheese on the trap and joining Romeo and Juliet for Nayeon.)

✅ Make her feel loved even if you're not around. (She made sure Nayeon has someone when she thinks she have no one.)

 Remember special dates. (Jeongyeon remembering the very first day they met)

✅ If you see her and you feel like somethings off, take her somewhere fun so she could forget what's bothering her or do something to make her forget about it and on times that nothing you can do. Just be there for her, make sure she won't feel alone no matter what. (Jeongyeon taking matters in her own hand, when she found out what the tennis club did.)

✅ Take her to places she's never been, take her to places you find amazing. Places that remind you of her, then tell her why. (She took Nayeon to Eunbong hill and let her in her comfort place the school's roof top)

✅ Remind her that you love her every day, in your own way. (Yoo Jeongyeon's love ruffling Im Nayeon's hair, because for her it's a special way of telling she loves the older girl.)

✅ Pay a little more attention to her, remembering the smallest details would show her how much you love her. (Jeongyeon remembering everything Nayeon hates, including pineapple in pizza.)

✅ Make her friends happy, you know what they say if you want to win someone. You should win there friends. She'll be happy to know that you're getting along with her friends. (Self explanatory.)

✅ Be proud of her, tell everyone that you love her. Don't keep her hidden in the corner. (Jeongyeon telling everyone she likes Nayeon, even tho she fails to get the message across to the older girl. Special mention to that time where she declare that no one can touch Im Nayeon in front of almost all the student in the gym.) 

Before she knew it she already checked everything.

The regret came in last, it was their fault, both of them. But she blames herself more for the now shes in. If she hasn't been so dense, If she didn't close her heart and just let Jeongyeon in maybe she would be crying happy tears instead.

She didn't care if the tears drown her, tonight she promised herself that she'll be the one to wait. No matter what happens in the next years she'll be waiting for Yoo Jeongyeon.

No matter what happens in the next years she'll be waiting for Yoo Jeongyeon        

-

And you know how high school stories go, they fall in love pretend they're annoyed with each other. Do stupid things to get the others' attention, share moments that seem to be straight out of a fairy tale book, and then graduate.

Most of the love that blossom in high school forgets the most important thing, they forget to tell them how they really feel. How the sky was brighter when there next to each other, how they saw this light at the end of a dark tunnel, how they made high school an unforgettable year and how at some point they became each other's world.

The next thing they know they're in a high school reunion 5, 6, 7, years after. One has waited for this moment not knowing that the other one was already married.

But this story is different, one has promised to come back and the other chose to wait. Nayeon was the one who opted to wait, to trust, to believe that one-day Jeongyeon would come back to her. She knew she had to believe in her, that's one thing she wished she did from the start.

If she just believes in what she feels and what Jeongyeon has shown, things would be different. She wouldn't be waiting for someone's return. So in this story, Nayeon promised to wait. That this time she'll be the one who tries hard enough to prove the love she has for Jeongyeon.

Tonight instead of letting Yoo Jeongyeon go, Im Nayeon decides to hold on.

Tonight instead of letting Yoo Jeongyeon go, Im Nayeon decides to hold on        

[3 YEARS AFTER; 2020]

College would just pass by Nayeon. I guess that's how it is when you're patiently waiting for someone's return that the time just slips by. The thing she most looks forward to is sleeping because it means she made it through another day.

Today like any other day, she's having lunch with the girls. Not that they couldn't find any new friends, they just stick together like rice.

CY : "Unnie are you still waiting for hyung?"

NY : "I never really stopped not even once. I always regretted that I didn't take the risk before, so this is the kind of risk I'm taking now :)"

TY : "It's not all your fault. You're not the only one who didn't risk."

NY : "You know how hard she tried."

DH : "What if she's not what shes used to be?"

JH : "Hey you kids, why are you being so pesky right now?"

NY : "Hahaha let them Ji, I don't mind. Hmm I already decided to wait and believe in her. If she's not what she used to be, I hope happiness changed her, and I would be fine with that."

SN : "You're too matured huh."

NY : "Pabo, haha."

SN : "But you could try dating...."

MM : "Oh I know someone!"

NY : "Hahaha, don't worry about me. I would but I don't think it'll be fair for that someone since I haven't really forgotten about Jeong."

CY : "Or you could've just followed her and she could've just come to see you soon."

NY : "If I did, it's like I told her I don't have faith in her, I understand her. For once in her life, she found something she wants to earn on her own. I couldn't be more proud of her reaching for that goal."

MN : "I still can't believe that you two are keeping this up with just a simple birthday and holiday greetings."

Nobody know how and when it started but one day they just heard that Jeongyeon sent a message to Nayeon greeting her a happy new year. But that was it, it's all plain holiday greetings.

NY : "I think that's the best we could do right now, support each other until we get the chance to talk."

JH : "In short M.U?"

DH : "Look who's being pesky right now."

JH : "Yah! I know we're the same height but I'm still older than you."

DH : "Hehe I'm just kidding unnie, mianhe."

CY : "Tzu get the thing."

TY : "Why would I? It's in your bag, get it yourself."

CY : "You have a point...."

MM : "What's that thing?"

DH : "A magazine..."

Chaeyoung grabs the Times magazine in her bag.

MN : "When did you get interested in such a thing?"

CY : "I don't, me, Dahyun and Tzuyu just happened to pass by a book store yesterday at the mall. Dahyun unnie was taking so much time that Tzuyu started opening magazines."

SN : "And? What's special with this one?"

DH : "This!" She said as she opens the magazine.

TY : "Did you know she's graduating on top and just after 3 years?!"

JH : "What?! Are you sure that's our Yoo Jeongyeon?????"

TY : "That's why we bought the magazine, that stubborn girl didn't even told us."

NY : "Uhm...."

MM : "Uhm what?"

NY : "She did tell me when she greet me a happy independence day, she shared that she'll be graduating a year earlier. I didn't tell you guys because I thought she mentioned it."

SN : "What????? You two greet each other happy independence day?????"

TY : "Well, I guess they have to use every holiday as an excuse haha!"

Everyone starts laughing.

MN : "At least one of us heard something about this"

NY : "But I didn't hear anything about this magazine."

JH : "Well, that's Yoo Jeongyeon for you. She's too humble to mention this."

DH : "Here unnie :) You go first." She said as she handed Nayeon the magazine.

It was a segment in Times magazine, about young people achieving more than what the most common people at their age those. Jeongyeon came 3rd in the list, she has a whole page about her.

Who would have thought that the girl she used to nag to study, would turn out to be like this? Because at the age of 20 Yoo Jeongyeon was granted graduating advance in her class. It said in the magazine that she was one of the youngest to achieve such thing in the said program in Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts. It was even stated that the girl was offered tons of jobs in top restaurants including a five star Michelin restaurant.

The page was consist of facts about her but the last question caught Nayeon's attention.

[TIMES MAGAZINE]

"Is there something behind this success?"

Jeongyeon looked at me with hesitation, then her phone suddenly vibrates and she excused herself for a moment. After a minute or so, she was back and the hesitation was gone. She smiled at me before answering,

"Someone." She said while she chuckles.

"Is this someone Chef Yoo Changjoon?" I asked referring to her dad.

"Even if I say it is my dad, he wouldn't believe it. Everyone knows back home who is that someone." She answered.

"Oh is this a girlfriend?"

"Better :) She's everything." She replied holding her phone tight.

Overall talking to Yoo Jeongyeon made me feel fresh, she jokes a lot and she's comfortable to be with. A young lady like her would make it far, and I hope to see that success in the following years.

[END OF PAGE]

Nayeon hopes it's still here, that she's still the person Jeongyeon wants to come back to.

MN : "The pabo didn't even wear the right clothes for this kind of thing."

JH : "I bet you, it took a while for them to convinced her to participate."

MM : "Well, that's our stubborn girl."

Mina was right, Jeongyeon could have chosen a better outfit for the occasion but instead, she sticks to being her. Because the picture of Jeongyeon that was included in the magazine was, her in her leather jacket.

In. Her. Leather. Jacket.

TY :        

TY : "What are you grinning at unnie? Care to share?"

NY : "Nothing, I just find it cute."

JH : "Hahaha where?"

MN : "Let's finish lunch, we have to go back to class."

EVERYONE : "Hai!"

Nayeon chuckles again at the thought that after all these years, even for a photo-shoot for a world famous magazine Jeongyeon still opted to wear a simple shirt and a leather jacket instead of her uniform.

It seems like she didn't change at all, she's still the same humble girl she was and Nayeon knew she didn't have to worry again. All she has to do was wait until Jeongyeon comes home.

---

(A/N) Since you guys said I should, I did :) Next update will show more of Jeongyeon's side of the story after the time skip. Then after that it'll be the end.

Now we're all sure Jeongyeon have the intention of coming back the only question left is if it's still Nayeon she wants to go back to? What do you think? Should we do another drama? HAHAHA! Anyways, I'll see you guys after 3 days, have a great week and stay safe and healthy!!!!