CHAPTER 47

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

162e3b65853cde56906586518842.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

[NEXT DAY; MARCH 10,2017]

Nayeon woke up late, she was contemplating if she's ready to show herself to the girls. They're all going to the same university and they'll probably bump into each other. The truth was she was too afraid that the girls would see through her, afraid to hear Mina's name along Jeongyeon's she knew she should be happy for them, she was. She's trying but you can't just make someone forget... plus Mina would be there, there would certainly be a Jeongyeon talk which she was sure, not ready to tackle.

But before she could even go back to her bed and tell the girls how she woke up feeling sick, her phone lit up...

FROM : SON CHAEYOUNG

"See you guys soon! I have something important to tell :)"

It was their group chat and seeing how Chaeyoung was excited to share this important thing to them. Nayeon made up her mind, no matter how broken her heart is she'll go. She'll do it for the friends who've always been there for her.

*XX RESTAURANT*

The first thing Nayeon noticed was the two empty chairs next to each other, if it was back in high school it'll be her and Jeongyeon's place. But aside from the empty chair nothing really changed with the girls.

But aside from the empty chair nothing really changed with the girls        

Dahyun and Momo are still all lovey-dovey. Sana still clings to Tzuyu and the younger girl still pretends she doesn't like it. Chaeyoung and Mina still sit next to each other, and Jihyo sit in the middle like she's the head of the family. Seeing them seating there like they're back in their high school cafeteria laughing about something made Nayeon fell a whole lot better. If she knew this would be the thing that would welcome her, she would've shown herself from the very first time they reached out to her.

TY : "Unnie! What are you standing there for?"

NY : "Sorry, I didn't see you guys right away." She said as she approached them.

JH : "Sit down, we already ordered."

NY : "Are you paying?"

JH : "Of course no."

DH : "Cheapskate."

JH : "As if you're the one paying."

DH : "No one even thought that I'll be paying haha."

NY : "Well, I'm not paying."

Nayeon fits with them right away, it was funny she thought it'll be hard to be around them but here she is goofing around with them.

CY : "Hahaha I'm paying. So stop arguing about it."

TY : "Tiny human #2 is a big shot now."

NY :

NY : "#2?"

SN : "You've been away too much you didn't even know who's who."

MN "Majayo, tiny human #1 is..."

JH : "Don't....."

MN : "Jihyo haha."

MM : "And of course tiny human #3 is my Dubu."

DH : "I'm only accepting it if it's from you."

JH : "Great the food is here, let's stop talking!"

MM : "Right back at you!"

The girls were having a good time and neither one of them have mentioned Jeongyeon. That's what they planned, no one will mention her name.

But Nayeon couldn't bear it, why do, when Jeongyeon's missing she's the only one to wonder, she's the only one to look for her. She feels that sooner someone will slip and mention her name, she wants to get over it. So she made up her mind and open up about it.

NY : "So anyone heard from Jeong?"

TY : "Oh she's doing great."

NY : "Ahhhhh.... That's great?"

JH : "That stupid mother er didn't really say anything to you huh?" She exploded.

NY : "Wait, what?"

JH : "I knew it, she just left you hanging like that."

NY : "She didn't, I mean whatever you're talking about, she didn't."

CY : "Well, she should've told you at least before leaving."

NY : "I don't understand what you guys are talking about."

TY : "Of course you don't your dense."

SN : "Tzu...."

TY : "Mianhe..."

DH : "Okay, okay. Since hyung probably didn't mention this to unnie we should start slow."

JH : "We all know Jeongyeon flew to Colorado for culinary school but there was one thing she never said."

NY : "Ohhhh is this about Mina and her?"

MN : "Me and what?"

NY : "Didn't Jeong confessed to you? On graduation?"

MN : "Graduation?"

NY : "Yeah, I saw you two before the ceremony started and you look like you were having fun."

MN : "Oh that..."

CY : "Are you cheating on me unnie?"

MN : "What? Of course not."

NY : "What now?"

TY : "Aish if hyung just said what she really feels this wouldn't even happen."

Nayeon was puzzled she looks at them with a million questions.

MN : "Unnie, Chaeng, and I have been dating for a while now."

NY : "But jeongyeon... She likes you, she even took the time to get your attention."

DH : "Hyung always does that because she wanted to help Chaeyoung. That's why she always teases Mina unnie."

CY : "And that's kind of the reason why I'm paying for lunch.... Because we finally made things official."

MN : "Dahyun's right she was the one who helped us... And that graduation she asked me a favor."

Mina took a notebook out of her bag and handed it to the older girl. Nayeon knew right away who this notebook belonged to.

MN : "She wanted me to hand you this, she specifically asked me to give this to you today, that's why we forced you to come. If you didn't we're gonna storm in your house."

If she thought about it, today was the first day they meet. Jeongyeon remembers something trivial like this and Nayeon wanted to cry hard at this moment.

CY : "For a second I thought your cheating on me."

MN : "Pabo I wouldn't do that to you."

JH : "Jeongyeon................" She hesitates for a while before continuing. "I know this is not something that we should tell you but it's long overdue and she's not here to tell you. Jeongyeon has always wanted to let you know she loves you."

MN :

MN : "Let's be honest here, Jeongyeon could be stuck in the middle of a crowd that has a thousand or a million people and she'll still look for you."

JH : "No matter who you think she likes, it's always been you, it's always gonna be you. She always look back at you, she waited for you."

NY : "I don't understand..."

MM : "Unnie when you two meet at the rooftop after graduation what did she say?"

NY : "She told me about Colorado and I congratulate her on everything and with Mina."

SN : "And you really didn't know how she feels?"

NY : "I didn't."

JH : "Unnie, she loves you and if it's not obvious for you it was for us. Jeongyeon never says no to anyone other than her mom, she gets what she wants and she never even try hard to earn it but after spending some time with you, she started to learn. Now there's two-person she couldn't say no to."

MN : "And you're also the same person who thought her that some times she needs to work hard for her to get what she wants and that's what she's trying to do right now."

And by this time Nayeon was already on the verge of crying.

SN : "I guess love really makes you blind, you thought she likes Mina that you never really saw her feelings for you."

JH : "But it's not too late, she'll be back and maybe, just maybe you two can start over again, right?"

Nayeon just nodded back at them, she wanted to cry, to break down but there's something inside her that was stopping the emotions from leaking. So instead she just went through it, the gathering continued they all shared what they up to lately. Sana and Tzuyu are already living together. Mina took Chaeyoung to meet the Myouis. Momo and Dahyun are going strong. Jihyo is dating someone but she's not ready to share it with them.

It was time to go, Mina and Chaeyoung offered to drive her home, which she gladly accept.

MN : "Unnie, I know it's really hard but I hope that would explain a lot of things for you. Let's meet up again next week but if you need to talk to anyone just call any of us."

NY : "Uhm Mina, Chaeng I'm sorry."

CY : "You're good unnie you didn't know about us. We should've told you even before. Sorry for assuming that you knew all this time."

MN : "And you don't have to be sorry it's not you're fault."

NY : "I should've have known, I should've tried."

MN : "Things happen for a reason unnie. Soon you'll find the answer to your questions."

CY : "We can stay for a while, we can talk about it."

NY : "Ani, I'm imposing too much. It's fine, you two go home and rest, I'll see you in a few days."

MN : "You should go inside, we know it's hard and it'll probably get harder from now on but we're here for you."

NY : "Thank you :)"

Nayeon went straight to her bed, laid there with Jeongyeon's math notebook next to her. All this time she's been reading the situation wrong but this could be it, this notebook could be the end of everything.

It was her fault, she was too late.

It was her fault, she was too late        


---

(A/N) I was planning to publish this chapter tomorrow then I thought why don't I do it today?? Hahaha so here I go, I'm thinking of publishing two more chapters tomorrow what do you think? Should I? Or should I stick with the 3 days interval???? 

So now that we know that Jeongyeon left what do you think will be next? Do you think she'll be back soon? Will it still be Nayeon in the end? What ending do you thing this is heading? 

I finalized this book and it'll be ending in Chapter 55, my next story would be name on the last chapter of this book :) Till then, have a great day! Stay safe and healthy everyone!