CHAPTER 37

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

162c03282d9aadeb460613048988.jpg

[DECEMBER 31, 2016]

NAYEON'S POV

After what happened to my mom everything just went past us. We didn't notice but it was already winter break.  I wanted to see Jeongyeon but with these things that keep on coming up, we didn't have time. She was busy with their family gatherings and the same goes for me.

Even if we don't meet, she still bugs me every day through her texts and calls. Well, today is much busier than any other day. I have to help mom prepare our new years dinner, I didn't have a chance to talk to her longer than five minutes. She said her dad has invited his employees and there having a huge new year party at midnight. She's probably busy at this time too, new years an hour away but it's fine.

I'm glad I have her to share my 2016.

-

We finished setting up the garden and my mom and dad's relative started arriving. We have kids running around. I guess this is a good way to end the year, It would've been perfect if I have her with me but I can't have everything I want.

The minutes passed and all I really did was talked to my aunts and uncle about what university I should go to. It was ten minutes when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I excused my self and head to the kitchen.

*INCOMING CALL : YOO JEONGYEON*

JY : "Hey.."

NY : "Hey , why are you calling?"

JY : "Nothing,  just wanted to step outside and talk to you."

NY : "You should go back, we can talk tomorrow."

JY : "Wae? Are you busy?"

NY : "No, there's nothing to do here. We're just waiting for the clock to strike midnight."

JY : "Have you seen the sky?"

NY : "Oh, I did. We're out in the garden when you called."

JY : "Uhm... Nabong the moon looks beautiful tonight."

NY : "It does, it really does.... Yah! You're changing the topic, you should go back to the party. 2017 is 5 minutes away Jeong."

JY : "Can I see you even for a short time?"

NY : "Arraso but after this you should really go back inside. Let me turn the video on."

I turned the camera on and when Jeongyeon did the same I saw her sitting in what seems to be her car, in a plain white shirt and leather jacket but what caught my attention was the gate that was beside her, that oddly look familiar.

 Jeongyeon stared at me, a few tilt and I knew what's up. I run outside not dropping the call, once I reached the front door. I saw Jeongyeon in front of the house. Holding her phone, scratching her head, and smiling warmly at me. I came rushing outside, I didn't know why I just did.

I came rushing outside, I didn't know why I just did

NY : "What are you doing here?"

10....

9.....

JY : "Uhmm I want to say hello. Hello, 2017?"

6.......

NY : "Pabo haha so you just want to greet me a happy new year ?"

3......

JY : "I do...."

2......

1......

JY : "Happy new year Im Nayeon :)"

Along with these words, the sky lit up, just like every single time she suddenly pops out like she feels that I want to see her, to be with her. She's here, right in front of me, greeting the new year with me. Everything was just perfect and I'm not really sure if I was dreaming or something.

JY : "Nayeon???"

NY : "Uhm happy new year too Jeongie :) I should've asked you a while ago, sorry for being rude. Do you want to come in?"

JY : "I'm fine, I actually just run off without telling anyone, so mom would probably be looking for me right now."

NY : "It's a new year Jeong. Stop giving your mom a headache hahaha."

JY : "Yah!"

NY : "Hahaha I'm just kidding. Go, don't make them look for you."

 JY : "Hai..." She stepped closer to me and I thought she'll hug me but she didn't. But she did something far more important than hug or kisses. 

JY : "Happy new year Im Nayeon :)" She then ruffles my hair. "Tsuki ga kirei desune."

NY :

NY : "What?"

JY : "Oh mianhe, it means the moon looks beautiful tonight, isn't it? In Japanese."

NY : "Is that what Mina's been teaching you? :)"

JY : "Of course not, she just mentioned it one time, but seriously the moon looks really beautiful tonight."

It was but it was weird that she just keeps staring at me. 

NY : "It does, Happy new year Yoo Jeongyeon." Why does my heart feels like I'm telling her I love her? Why does it feel like its gonna burst out?

JY : "You should go inside, I'll see you in a few days." She took her hands of my head.

NY : "Arraso, text me when you get home."

JY : "I will Ms. Im :)" She smiled and left.

I watch as Jeongyeon drive away from me, I should've told her how happy I was to see her. I should've told her a million other things but all I ever did was watch her go because its the only thing I can do. I wanted to stop for a while but I couldn't.

Because loving Yoo Jeongyeon is like breathing, stopping is not an option.

JEONGYEON'S POV

It was the last day of the year, everyone was busy and so do Nayeon. We barely talked today since she's preparing for her family's dinner.

Then I remember the day before I found Nayeon standing in the middle of the snow.

[FLASHBACK]

I was on my way to my car and Nayeon just left to fetch the bus.

CY : "Hey hyung."

JY : "Oh what are you girls doing here?"

MM : "We just came to say hi, you've been busy lately."

JH : "Yeah right, busy following Nayeon unnie."

SN : "Ehhh? Then why don't you just drive her?"

JY : "I can't...."

DH : "Well unnie doesn't want her to."

TY : "She's supposed to be studying with Mina unnie after class."

JY : "Thank you guys for answering their questions."  I said sarcastically.

CY : "That aside did you tell her?"

JY : "How am I going to confess with everything that's been happening?"

MM : "Confess?!?!?!"

JY : "Yeah, I figured I should do it, I should tell her what I really feel and everything just felt perfect but you know what happens when everything falls into place, life happens.. Now is really not the right time,  I can't tell her I love her It'll just mess her mind."

MN : "There's really not the right time for that, it just happens but instead of confessing, how about let her know you like her? That you're here for her."

CY : "Hmm hmm love, she loves her."

DH : "But isn't that what's hyung been doing?"

SN : "Oooooooh!!! How bout telling she's beautiful tonight?"

MM : "Pabo it's, the stars are beautiful tonight."

MN : "Haays both of you are wrong. It's tsuki ga kirei desune ."

JY : "What?"

MN : "A Japanese novelist once asked his student to translate the word I love you, he then answered him with ware kimi o aisu. But the novelist pointed out that Japanese people don't say aisu and the best translation would actually be tsuki ga kirei desune. In other words it means two thing "the moon looks beautiful tonight, isn't it." and I love you."

JY : "But I'm made in Korea."

MM : "YAH!"

JY : "Just kidding Momo-ah."

SN : "You can still use it. In that way, you don't have to worry about pressuring her."

DH : "Unnie the moon looks beautiful tonight, isn't it?" She said to Momo.

TY : "Sana unnie the moon looks beautiful tonight, isn't it?" She repeated to Sana.

CY : "Uhm unnie the moon looks beautiful tonight, isn't it?" She looked at Mina.

JH : "You kids! It's not even night! Where's the logic when you used it in the morning???"

JY : "Hahahaha calm down, I have to go the bus is almost there. I wouldn't want to miss it because of you girls."

MN : "Remember if she asks you, we finished at 6 pm okay?"

JY : "Hai!!!!"

[END OF FLASHBACK]

Tonight the moon really does look beautiful. All of a sudden I had this urge to see her, it was driving me crazy. I think I can't last another hour not seeing her. I quickly grabbed my keys and stealthily leave the house. 

I called her once I reached her place, I didn't actually think this through. I mean, I came here unplanned in the last minutes of 2016. Telling her how the moon was beautiful, Nayeon is smart but sometimes she doesn't really pick up things. 

Because when I told her I want to see her, I actually wanted to see her personally but instead, she thought I just want to video call with her but I guess this is enough.

Suddenly she stopped talking, she had her phone facing somewhere and then the next thing I know she was standing by the door. I was nervous that I didn't know what to do, I just smiled and scratch my head. Then she runs towards me

NY :        

NY : "What are you doing here?" 

9.....

JY : "Uhmm I want to say hello. Hello, 2017?"

I want to be with you.

6.......

NY : "Pabo haha so you just want to greet me a happy new year ?"

I want to ask you of you could be a part of 2017 or better my life.

3......

JY : "I do."

2......

1......

JY : "Happy new year Im Nayeon :)"

And she didn't say a word, she just stood there blankly.

JY : "Nayeon???"

NY : "Uhm happy new year too Jeongie :) I should've asked you a while ago, sorry for being rude. Do you want to come in?"

JY : "I'm fine, I actually just run off without telling anyone so mom would probably be looking for me right now."

NY : "Its a new year Jeong. Stop giving your mom a headache hahaha."

JY : "Yah!"

NY : "Hahaha I'm just kidding. Go, don't make them look for you."

JY : "Hai..." I stepped closer to her, I wanted to hug her, to feel her once again in my arms but I couldn't, I was afraid of making things award so I'll just save it for some other time.

JY : "Happy new year Im Nayeon :)" I ruffles her hair. "Tsuki ga kirei desune."

I love you Nayeon

I love you Nayeon

NY : "What?"

JY : "Oh mianhe, it means the moon looks beautiful tonight, isn't it? in Japanese."

NY : "Is that what Mina's been teaching you? :)"

JY : "Of course not, she just mentioned it one time, but seriously the moon looks really beautiful tonight."

NY : "It does, Happy new year Yoo Jeongyeon." 

If nayeon knew how she drives this heart crazy, she'll be amazed at how many mini-heart attacks it survived.

JY : "You should go inside, I'll see you in a few days."  I said as I took my hand off her head

NY : "Arraso, text me when you get home."

JY : "I will Ms. Im :)" I smiled and left.

The truth was I wanted to greet the new year with Nayeon, I wanted her to be the last person I see for this year and the first person for this new year.

---

(A/N) Here you go the filler chapter :) Just to make up for the drama. Notice how Nayeon looks up the sky when Jeongyeon told her how beautiful was the moon. Then Jeongyeon looking at her at the same time.......... Hahaha! Well, I'll see everyone after 3 or 4 days! Have a great week!!!!! Stay safe and Healthy!!!! and thanks again for reading my stories :)