CHAPTER 23

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

16255f35111b3602909952552328.jpg

JEONGYEON'S POV

The day went on like the usual, same faces, same chaotic lunch with this crack heads, same boring classes but it's much harder to stay awake since it's cold and same warm and perfect after class with Nayeon.

And when we got out of the lobby, we saw the girls.

JY : "Yow, why are you still here?"

JH : "Clubs..."

MM : "I'm just here because I'm waiting for Dahyun."

SN : "Me too!"

MM : "You're waiting for Dahyun too? What's the meaning of this??? I thought you're my best friend, Satang? You're supposed to be my best friend!"

SN : "Aniyo! I'm waiting for Tzuyu!"

TY : "Why is everyone shouting?"

NY : "Is club done?"

DH : "Yeah just got out of it."

MN : "Then we should go home. I heard it's gonna make a last pour tonight and hopefully will get better tomorrow."

CY : "You heard the lady!"

JY : "Wait, where's Jennie and the rest?"

CY : "Oh they went home already. You know her, she doesnt like getting soaked in rain. Gaja!"

NY : "Let's go Jeong, the bus will be there soon."

JH : "Bus?!"

JY : "What? Hahaha I didn't bring my car with me, I didn't want to get stuck in traffic on flooded areas."

CY : "Hmm I can drive you home, if you want."

JY : "Ani, it's fine you guys live the other way from ours. It'll be a drag."

TY : "Hey shortie, learn how to read between the lines. Hyung wants Nayeon unnie for herself."

DH : "Who are you calling shortie?!"

TY : "Chaeng but if it did hurt you I'm sorry, I guess it can be you too hahaha."

CY : "Yah!"

NY :

NY : "Okay kids, before you three start throwing punches were going."

JY : "Hahaha guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see who landed the most. See you!"

The girls went on their separates way. Chaeyoung dropped Nayeon and I on the bus stop.

JY : "Do you think we'll get a sit?"

NY : "Most likely, office hours haven't ended yet so I think we can.... And yes, you can have the window seat."

JY : "Yes! :)"

When we boarded the bus, there are only a few people on it. We sat at the back, it's almost dark outside and the rain hasn't stopped since this morning.

My thought got lost in the rain until I feel something.

I turned to my side and saw Nayeon, resting her head in my shoulder. I guess that's why it's been quiet for a while. I just let her sleep, didn't even move. My hands were numb until we got off their bus stop.

My hands were numb until we got off their bus stop        

NY : "Mianhe, you should've woken me up."

JY : "It's fine it was just a short time."

NY : "Now that I think of it, this is not your stop."

JY : "Well I thought I'd stretch my legs."

NY : "But the bus is not arriving soon, not until 30 minutes."

JY : "Don't worry about me, I'll ask someone to pick me up from here. You should go."

NY : "Arraso, text me when you get home okay? I'll see you tomorrow."

JY : "Wait, take this." I handed her my umbrella.

NY : "But what about you?"

JY : "It's fine I told you I'm gonna call someone. Next time bring your own, don't risk your health just because you're lazy."

NY : "Arraso young master. Then I'm heading off, see you!"

JY : "Hai! Hai! Be careful!"

NAYEON'S POV

The first thing I saw the moment I woke up was Jeongyeon's message telling me she woke up late, that I should go ahead and she'll just drive me home. 

She's probably tired because of the commute yesterday.

I was waiting for her the whole morning, I wanted to make sure she did come in but the bell rang and I didn't saw her. I'm hoping I just didn't see her. I'll just check on lunch.

[LUNCH BREAK]

And when we got to the cafeteria everyone was there except for Jeong. We sat with them and everyone just continued eating as if no one's missing.

NY : "Uhm guys, where's Jeong?"

CY : "Oh nobody told you?"

TY : "Duh????? Why would she ask us if she knew?"

JH : "Mianhe, I thought she texted you. Seoyeon unnie called me earlier. She said Jeong was burning from fever, so they told her to just stay home and rest."

DH : "She's probably sleeping right now. Do you miss her unnie?"

NY : "Ani... I'm just wondering because I haven't seen her since this morning."

JN : "If you say so.."

So she caught a fever, I wonder why?

Before the afternoon classes I sent her a message asking her to just rest for today, I didn't hear anything back from her but I guess that's fine she should be resting.

-

I couldn't feel at ease, I wanted to know how she is and there's no other way in finding out than checking for myself.

Before I knew it I was already standing in front of the Yoo's, I bought some fruits with me. I'll just check on her and then go home.

When I got inside I saw Seungyeon and Seoyeon unnie in the living room.

SG : "Nayeon-ah what are you doing here?"

NY : "I wanted to check on Jeong..."

SG : "Ohh you didn't have to, that girl is harder than a rock hahaha. But thank you for coming here, she's upstairs."

NY : "Arraso unnie and I bought some fruits."

SY : "I'll take care of it, you go check on her."

SG : "Call us if you need anything okay?"

NY : "Thank you unnie, I'm going."

When I got to her room, Bbosong was the only one in bed. I saw her in her study table her head was resting on top of her books. She still has a cooling pad on her forehead and her cheeks are still red.

NY :

NY : "Hey what are you doing out of bed?" I said as I gently tap on her back.

She looked up at me with her eyes half-open, brushed it a little.

JY : *Coughs* " What are you doing here?"

NY : "Let's get you to bed first." I said as I tack her in her and replace the cooling pad she has.

JY : "Nabong what are you doing here?"

I guess it's because of the fever that she's looking vulnerable all of a sudden. This is the first time I've ever feel that I'm older than her, because when I think about it. She's always the one who's looking after me, I mean after everyone.

---