CHAPTER 14

10 THINGS TO REMEMBER [2YEON]

 

1615fcd4e8054576589615181737.jpg

NAYEON'S POV

She could've just told me, to give it to Mina. She didn't have to ask me if I want one.

*Message Sent*

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"Are you sure your sister gave this to you? This one is really expensive and what am I supposed to tell Mina?"

*One Message Received*

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Excuse me but my tutor once told me I'm not allowed to text while in class, I don't want to get scolded so you have to wait until it's over."

*Message Sent*

TO : YOO JEONGYEON

"H-A-H-A very funny."

*One Message Received*

FROM : YOO JEONGYEON

"Hahaha! Yeah, unnie gave it to me, you can have it :) and if you could just give it to Mina in private? You don't need to tell her anything. She'll know who it's from. Gomawo Nabong! I'll see you later :)"

And even if it's just something that she didn't want, I really appreciated it. It's just funny how my first love is so kind to me that sometimes I wished she knew I like her.

NO ONE'S POV

Just like what Jeongyeon has asked her to do, she called Mina outside before she head to the library and gave her the chocolate. She didn't say anything and Mina didn't ask her.

[LIBRARY]

NY : "Mina said thank you."

JY : "Ohhh, so did you like it?"

NY : "I haven't eaten it yet. I'll save it for later, now go get your math book."

JY : "Wait a minute, before that I want to watch this first."

Nayeon was surprised to see Jeongyeon's phone, already set up on the 2nd episode of Cheese in the trap. She didn't know that the taller girl likes watching this kind of show.

NY : "Jeong how many times do I have to remind you, we're trying to study here?"

JY :        

JY : "Come on, it's only an hour plus they only release one episode every week so it's just an hour per week. Please?"

NY : "You know it's on me if you fail the exam."

JY : "That's why I'll read extra at home, I'll make sure to pass all of them."

NY : "Arraso, you need to make up for this tomorrow okay?"

JY : "Hai! Here take it." She handed Nayeon the other half of her headset.

And Nayeon totally forgot about the flowers, again.

[FEW WEEKS AFTER]

Jeongyeon started picking up Nayeon on the way to school, it was a bit of a fuss the first few days but Nayeon eventually gives in. She got used to it. They go to school together and they go home together.

Today is the last day of the 1st term exam... 

JY : "Nabong you can go ahead, I'll catch up to you."

NY : "Arraso just make sure you won't be late."

She has asked Nayeon from time to time to go ahead of her; mostly on Fridays and the older girl would just let it go but today her curiosity got the better of her. So instead of going straight to her classroom, she started following Jeongyeon.

Followed her to a narrow path that leads both of them to the school's garden. Jeongyeon put down her bag on the bench and started untangling the water hose. 

Nayeon just hid in one corner near the garden's entrance.

She watched as the known trouble maker caress the flower beds. She picks out the dry leaf and even sings for them as she continues watering the plants. 

All this time Nayeon thought Jeongyeon was getting in trouble but here she found her being the softest flower mom.

JY : "When you grow bigger instead of picking you, I'll just take her here to look at you guys :)"

That was the softest thing Nayeon has ever heard from her and it didn't matter who she's referring to. 

-

The older girl was about to leave when she accidentally stepped on a piece of wood that made a loud thud, she wanted to run but she heard Jeongyeon.

JY : "Nayeon?"

NY : "Jeongie :)"

JY : "What are you doing here? How long have you been there?"

NY : "Oh I just arrived, I wanted to make sure you're not doing something wrong."

JY : "Hahaha we've known each other for some time now but you're still suspecting me of that?"

NY : "Ani... it's just I wanted to check on you since you've been asking me to go first from time to time, mostly on Fridays. You should've just told me you joined the gardening club."

JY : "I didn't want you to think I was doing something lame, and besides I'm not part of the club I just come here to water them."

NY : "Pabo, why would I think that?"

JY : "I don't know, it's just I don't do this kind of things."

NY : "It's not lame.... If your not part of the club what are you doing here?"

JY : "Oh I asked a favor from the girls before and this is how I repay them."

NY : "Don't tell me it's because of the flowers you've been stealing and giving me???"

JY  : "Who said I stole does? They gave it to me and.....I don't really have a good place to use it that's why."

Nayeon wanted to ask more, why did she give her the flowers? What is this favor she asked them? But there's no point in asking them right now.

NY : "Arraso, that's good to know. We should head back, it's almost time."

JY : "Hai..."

Nayeon wait until the younger girl finished cleaning up, she watched as the girl bid goodbye to the flowers. 

She understands why Jeongyeon was hesitant to tell anyone about it.  If she's right, Jeongyeon is trying to keep the rough and careless figure she has. 

JY : "Nabong."

She turned around and saw Jeongyeon standing in the middle of the garden.

JY : "This is for you :) Thank you." She handed the Gerberas to her.

This is the first time that Nayeon has noticed the full bloom garden, she was busy looking at the younger girl since she came        

This is the first time that Nayeon has noticed the full bloom garden, she was busy looking at the younger girl since she came. 

And now that Jeongyeon was standing in the middle of it, offering her flowers her heart started to throb, she felt this weird sensation she hasn't felt before. It wasn't painful but its surprisingly uncomfortable. 

NY : "Huh? For what?"

JY : "For everything :)"

She was left speechless, how can she respond to something like that? Everything? She tried to think about things she has done for Jeongyeon but the only thing she could really come up with was her endless nagging to force the younger girl to study harder and nothing more.

But that aside she thought everything was perfect right now, so perfect that her mind flew past the entire galaxy making her unable to produce any words. 

Whenever they're alone like this, Nayeon always wished that time stands still. 

So she could spend more time with Jeongyeon in their own little world and it wouldn't matter if she's just sleeping next to her, or if she's teasing her. All she wanted is this small space that only belonged to them, a place where there's only her and Jeongyeon. 

In this place, she knows she can love Yoo Jeongyeon without hesitation.

JY : "Gaja!" 

She said as she once again messes Nayeon's hair. Instead of whining Nayeon just smiled and followed the taller girl. 

---        

---