Not an act

Love me, please...

Yoseob quickly grabbed his coat that hung behind the door. “Quick, Jiyong-ah,” Yoseob simply said, urging his son who was walking to him with his little umbrella and bag pack.

Jiyong made little yet fast steps towards Yoseob who was waiting at the opened door. He watched as his ‘Appa’ closed and locked the door, waiting. He smiled sweetly when Yoseob was offering his larger hand and Jiyong gladly held it, as usual.

It was the second day they lived alone in a new small apartment, located quite far than their old house and IU’s mansion. It meant it was further away from Yoseob’s university and Jiyong’s kindergarten. They had to wake up earlier to be able to arrive according to the time.

Yoseob did feel sorry for Jiyong. It was all because of his selfish thoughts. Thus, Yoseob decided to finish the musical and search for a part-time job. It had been months since he had one. He just hoped he could handle it when he found one.

****************

Yoseob walked in the theatre hall carefully, trying not to gain anyone attention.

“Yoseobie!” Someone caught him quick and Yoseob tried to smile although it turned awkward.

“Where have you been?” Doojoon asked as he approached Yoseob, hitting the younger boy with his scripts.

“Just somewhere,” Yoseob replied in a low tone.

Doojoon frowned, disagree with Yoseob’s answer. “We are worried, idiot,” he replied, half-angry.

Yoseob looked down, feeling guilty. “I know,”

Doojoon smiled at Yoseob expression. Yoseob could not really control his emotion which made Doojoon wondered how he could act.

“Go and practice so I can rest and relax,” Doojoon teasingly pushed Yoseob towards the stage where the others were waiting for Doojoon or the lead actor part.

Yoseob turned his sight to Doojoon. “Hyung,” he called.

“What?” Doojoon boldly answered.

“Thanks,” Yoseob paused and smiled. “for being a good friend,”

Doojoon was shocked and froze but not for long before he boldly replied. “Stop being cheesy,” Doojoon then looked away from Yoseob. “You’re wlecome,” he replied in a low volume, just enough to be heard by Yoseob.

Yoseob smiled and turned back to the stage before he was technically running to the director and apologized to the rest of the musical actors, actresses and staffs.

Then, he saw IU who was trying to avoid his gaze. Yoseob wanted to approach her and told her he was sorry. However, his other part wanted him afraid if that would add more awkwardness. In the end, Yoseob continued the practice without even talking to her except for scripts for the musical as IU was the lead actress.

*****************

It was the day of the official musical, where the final year students were gathering outside the hall waiting for the moment they could enter. They were discussing on how they would missing the colleagues and how their career life would go.

Mean while, at the back stage, Yoseob was nervously waiting in the waiting room together with other actors and actresses. In sudden, his phone rang, blinking Kikwang photos.

Yoseob smiled as he picked up the call.

“Nervous?” Kikwang questioned.

Yoseob chuckled, unsurprised with Kikwang accuracy. “Who won’t?”

Kikwang slightly laughed before he gradually stopped. “I’m sorry I can’t be there,”

Yoseob smiled knowingly. “It’s okay. I can feel your support here,”

“You do?” Kikwang asked, curious.

“Yeah, I have this physic power...” Yoseob joke was cut.

“Yah! I am serious here,” Kikwang replied half-shouting.

Yoseob replied it with a large laughter. “Anyway, thank you,” Yoseob said being sincere.

“Yoseobie,” Kikwang called softly. “Don’t forget to confess,” he reminded.

Yoseob was silent. He never told Kikwang what had happened between him and IU and how awkward they had become.

“Yoseob?” Kikwang called as there was no response from Yoseob.

“Yeah,” Yoseob simply replied.

“Do it so you won’t regret,” Kikwang continued.

Yoseob chuckled awkwardly. “Kikwang-ah,” he paused. “I’m not a child. You don’t have to remind me,”

“I’ve known you for years. You are such a stubborn kid and seriously need nagging from me,” Kikwang said in a serious tone.

Yoseob felt it was funny and continued his laughter. “Arasso, I will do it,” he managed to say between his laughter.

With that, they ended the conversation as Kikwang felt slightly secure when he heard the words from Yoseob.

**********************

It was on the stage. The props showed that the setting was in a park, with a bench, a large tree, grasses and flowers.

IU walked in with Jiyong who was dress as a girl, sitting at the only bench, bringing Jiyong to sit on her lap.

Music started to play as IU started to hum the melody. She sang a melodious lyric, telling about heartbreak and moving on. She stood up, leaving Jiyong at the bench. She expressed her emotion in her voice and her actions, how much it hurt to be left behind.

The song ended and IU sat back at the bench, waiting.

Yoseob walked in with a confident smile, he noticed IU and Jiyong presence at the bench and approached them.

“Glad you agree to come,” Yoseob said as he sat beside IU.

IU was silent for a moment. “What do you want to talk about?” she held Jiyong that kept looking at his ‘Appa’. Her expression was sullen, showing how she disliked the situation.

“Us,” Yoseob simply replied with his knowing smile. “About us getting back together,”

IU looked away, annoyed. “We are not. This will be our last meeting,”

Yoseob showed his shocked expression, frowning. “I thought you want me in your life since you agree to come here,”

IU shook her head and stood up. Jiyong followed her step, standing right beside her although his eyes were fixed to his father.

Yoseob instantly stood up, panicky he asked. “Why? Don’t you still love me?”

IU bit her lower lips and sighed. “No,” she simply answered. She took Jiyong hand and started to pull it away from Yoseob.

“Why not?” Yoseob instantly stood up, stretching his hand, trying to reach IU but the distant did not allow it. “I thought you would always love me,”

IU ignored the words. She gradually walked away from Yoseob as she brought Jiyong with her.

Yoseob instantly fell on his knees. “Could you,” he paused. “Love me, please,”

IU stopped his step, still looking away from Yoseob. She took a glance at Jiyong and continued her steps.

As Yoseob looked IU back figure which was fading away, it hit him that it might be the last time he could say a word to her. Somehow, the act felt so real to him.

“Don’t forget to confess,”

Kikwang words echoed in his mind. In sudden, he blurted out. “I love you,”

IU paused her steps again, shocked. She knew it was not written in the script. ‘Love me, please,’ should be the last sentence of this musical.

“I know I was a jerk, trying to forget you but I can’t. I keep thinking about you. I care about you. I love you, so much that I can’t imagine how my life would be without you,” Yoseob explained, slowly standing on his feet again.

“It’s okay if you don’t love me,” he continued. “I just do not want to regret that I never have the chance to tell you,” he gulped. “On how much I love you,”

IU turned around, to see Yoseob was looking at her in a sullen yet loving way. This was not an act. She could feel his sincere emotion in his voice. She could see his sincere feeling in his eyes. He was being sincere. Her eyes were teary, touched.

She took a little step towards Yoseob before she rushed towards him, bringing her both arms around Yoseob neck.

“I love you too,” she said with her trembling voice as she started to cry.

The audience clapped joyfully, enjoying the happy ending. The curtain fell slowly, covering the stage fully, hiding the action of Yoseob and IU also the blank Jiyong.

Byung Soon was shocked at first but he did not feel angry. He now knew what his mistake years ago were. If only, he tell her how much he loved her, she most probably accepted him just like how IU accepted Yoseob.

Eun Hee and So In were proud with their daughter acting. Eun Hee felt slightly touched with the ending. She was expecting the same ending she had with Byung Soon but somehow, it was altered and it was altered well.

The curtain was withdrawn again, revealing an empty stage. In seconds, a video was flashed through the white wall of the stage.

The audience was shocked with the content of the video. Everyone was shocked including the staffs. It was unexpected. Someone had tampered with their projector.


Expected?
This fic would end soon.
Hope it can gain your support until the end.
Thank you.