Found her

Love me, please...

Why won’t it work? Yoseob thought while knocking the torchlight to his hand. Yoseob unassembled the torchlight, took out the battery. He shook the battery and tried to assemble it back. Suddenly, he heard a sound, cracking leaves sounds. It sounded so near.

“IU?” Yoseob questioned. He forgot about the torchlight for a moment. Slowly, he walked towards the sound that he heard.

‘Tsk, tsk’

A sobbing sound. The sound became loader as he came closer. After a few steps, he saw a figure, squatting on the ground. Yoseob became more confident to come closer.

“IU?” Yoseob asked again when he was standing right in front of the girl.

IU was sure the person was calling out her name. She looked upward slowly, showing her swollen and teary eyes. It was Yoseob, she recognized him right away.

“Yoseob sunbaenim,” IU said with a shaking voice, slightly sobbing.

Yoseob smiled tenderly. She reminds me of Jiyong. Yoseob thought. It seems like she still crying. He stepped beside IU. Instead of trying to convince her to go back, he squatted beside her.

IU was surprised. She looked at Yoseob, puzzled and still sobbing without tears.

“If you need to cry, just cry. No need to hold it,” Yoseob said, patting her back gently.

IU didn’t sure why but her tears started forming again. Her sobbing became worse. This time, she didn’t know why she was crying. Is it because of her mother? Her problem? Or she just needed to cry.

The dark cold place no longer silent as it was filled with IU sobbing sounds.

Yoseob looked upwards, there were no star and all he could see were trees and leaves. The canopy of the forest had blocked the view of the sky. Usually the sky would calm him. Yoseob thought that maybe he could do something else that could help her.

The first time I met you,
I cried as soon as I saw you,

Yoseob started singing with his smooth and sweet voice. IU looked at Yoseob. For a moment, she stopped crying.

I don't know it is because I was happy,
I don't know it is because I was sad,
I don't even remember,

Since I've nothing to give, I just accepted
Still, I didn't know how to appreciate back then
,
Without knwing anything, I lived on,
Mother...

At this moment, IU burst back into tears. The tears fell as if they would never stop falling.

My mother
Why do these tears fall?
The most precious person
More beautiful than anyone else
You are…
You are my mother

Although I cannot remember 
The first moment I met you
I’ll remember the last moment
Until the day I die

To you
Who loved every part of me

Mother, even if I just call you
Why does it hurt my heart so? 
Even after you’ve given me your all
You are so disappointed
That you can’t give me more
What can I give to a mother like you

Mother, my mother
Why do these tears fall?
The most precious person
More beautiful than anyone else
You are…
You are my mother

You are…
You are my mother

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ1lqIEziG0)

Yoseob smiled as the song ended. But IU fell to his shoulder in sudden. Yoseob was surprised and turned his head to her which made her fell backward.

“IU?” Yoseob called her name in panicked. He took IU head from the ground and held it in his arm and used his other hand to slightly slap her cheek. IU didn’t respond.

What should I do? Yoseob thought. He touched his pocket to find his phone but his fingers accidently touched the walkie-talkie. That’s it. Yoseob took the walkie-talkie to his mouth.

“I found her,”

******

Gina and Doojoon looked at each other. They also had a walkie-talkie so they also heard Yoseob voice. Somehow, that fact sounded unbelievable.

Doojoon quickly recover from the surprise and took the walkie-talkie. “Yoseob, is she okay?” He asked.

“She is unconscious,”

Doojoon looked at Gina for a while. His expression showed that he was asking for what to do. But Gina was more confused than him. It took him few seconds to reply.

“Yoseob, can you and Kikwang bring her to the hall?” Doojoon said as he didn’t know that Kikwang and Yoseob had split up.

“Yes, I can,”

Gina sighed as she was relieved to know that Yoseob and Kikwang could handle the situation. Doojoon felt more ease. “Yoseob, please bring her back. Others, please gather at the hall,” He instructed.

******

Suzy was panicking after knowing that IU was unconscious. She became more worried. “God, please save her,” She prayed, closing her eyes and holding her both hands near her chin.

Kikwang took his phone from his pocket. He checked the line bar. Not much but this will do. He pushed few buttons and brought it to his phone.

“Kikwang,” Yoseob answered the phone.

“Can you really bring her alone?” Kikwang replied, worried.

“I’m not that weak, don’t worry. But can you wait at the place that we split up before. Noona and Doojoon will suspect something bad if we come separately,” Yoseob was anxious.

“I’ll wait there. Yeah, I know how Gina noona brain works,” Kikwang answered with a grin, imagining Gina reaction if she knew.

“Okay, meet you there,” Yoseob replied before he stopped the phone call.

Kikwang kept back his phone in his pocket and turned to the waiting Suzy.

“You have to come with me,” Kikwang said to Suzy strictly.

Suzy nodded her head. She knew if she followed him, she would able to see IU.

Kikwang was sure that was the place. Yoseob marked the trees around it with ‘X’, so this must be the place. However, Yoseob was still not there.

“We will wait here,” Kikwang told Suzy.

Suzy just nodded her head. She felt like she was a burden to Kikwang so she tried her best to do what Kikwang asked her to do.

Kikwang sat down, leaning at one of the trees. Suzy followed him and sat beside him. The night became silent between those two except for the crickets sound.

“I’m sorry,” Suzy suddenly broke the silent with her apology, looking down the ground and making a circle with her pointed finger.

Kikwang turned his head to Suzy. “For what?”

“For burdening you,” Suzy sighed. “I’m sure Gina unnie will be very angry with me after this,”

Kikwang smirked. “She won’t”

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I suggest you listen at the song  that Yoseob sing in this chapter. The title is 'Mother'. I placed the link right below the lyric. For me, its a very sad and meaningful song. It never fail to make me cry. That's all. Thanks for reading.