Practice for audition

Love me, please...

IU was skipping happily. Yesterday, her mother had done the conference and revealed the truth. The press was shocked and they attacked her mother with a lot of questions but her mother was professional at handling the situation. IU was proud that she was her mother. She had told her mother that she would enter the audition for the musical and she supported her. His father even suggested what she should do for the audition and she decided to follow his father suggestion.

Suzy noticed the cheerfulness of IU that morning. She knew IU was happy with what had happened yesterday but she was curious with what happened that night, the night when IU and Yoseob were left alone. Kikwang told her about the idea of leaving those two alone. It was the B2ST idea since they knew Yoseob liked IU. The only person that didn’t know now was IU herself.

“Ji Eun? What happen that night?” Suzy asked curiously.

“What night?” IU blurred with Suzy question.

“The night after we watch the Cinderella show,” Suzy explained to IU, hoping she would get it.

“Owh, nothing happens. He had to go home early so he sent me home before he went home,” IU replied, smiling. She was telling the truth but it didn’t sadden her. Yoseob was really kind as he took off his jacket and placed it on her shoulder, to protect her from the cold autumn wind. He also kept asking how his act as Cinderella and it made IU laughed. IU knew she would cherish the moment as long as she still remembered it.

“Really? You don’t confess?” Suzy asked, didn’t satisfy with IU answer. She actually still felt guilty to date Kikwang since he was IU favourite and she thought, if IU dated Yoseob, it would be fair for them.

“Confess? It is too early for me to do that,” IU shook her head rapidly. IU eyes widened unexpectedly. There was something else that she wanted Suzy to know. “My mum let me enter the audition for the musical,” She excitedly clapped her hands.

“Omo! Really? I want to join too,” Suzy replied excitedly. She really did want to join it. She always loved acting. Since middle school, she kept entering drama club but she never got the main actress position but that never made her gave up acting.

“But we only have two weeks before the audition,” Suzy pouted as she was not ready. She didn’t think to join it before as IU still had problem with her mother. Now, she really wanted to enter it. Partly, it was because of Kikwang.

“Let’s just try first,” IU replied, smiling. She was not confident that she would pass but it was worth to try.

********

The noisy classroom became silent instantly when IU and Suzy entered. They tried to avoid looking at IU, feeling guilty for what they had done to her before. IU and Suzy sat at their usual seats.

Unexpectedly, a girl approached them. She kept looking down, biting her lower lips as she played with her fingers.

“I’m...” She paused, tried to look at IU. “I’m sorry to say you are a liar before,” She continued and quickly turned her eyes to the tip of her foot.

IU smiled as she heard the apology. She was not wrong. It was a misunderstanding. IU looked at the girl from bottom to top. She was a stylish girl with the short dark brown skirt, white leathered boots and cute light peach blouse.

“It’s not your fault,” IU replied her kindly. “Thanks for the apology,” She continued with a sweet smile. She didn’t want the girl to feel guilty anymore.

“Thanks,” The girl squealed. “Thanks a lot,” She continued excitedly. “I promise I’ll just spread only good rumours about you after this,” She told IU happily and walked away to few girls who were standing at the corner of the classroom. “She forgives me,” She told her friends excitedly.

IU smiled, looking at the situation. She did look a bit noisy and loud, but she had a good heart. Not many people apologized for something like that. It made IU determined to forgave her and everyone else and became someone who warm-hearted and caring. Caring? That word reminded her of Yoseob. Yes, the caring and adorable Yoseob, the reason she wanted to join the musical. She wanted to see how he enjoy his presence on the stage, the way he smiled when he saw the smiles of the audiences, the way he laughed his heart out and how he kept teasing around with other B2ST members. IU was going deep into her thought of Yoseob.

*******

That night, IU started practicing at the dance practice room. She noticed that almost all room at that level was occupied. She was lucky enough to get one room for herself.

“I guess everyone is getting ready for the audition,” She said to herself as she entered the dance practice room. It smelled like wooden varnish. The wooden floor was still sparkling. This room might be newly renovated. She changed her clothes and opened her iPad.  She chose a video that was suggested by her father, Queen live performance by Son Dambi. It was a cute but y performance.

It was hard for her, dancing was not her specialty but her father said that a good musical actor had to know how to dance, not only sang. Her mother also said that the entertainment world loved a versatile artists which can sing, act and dance. It was a pressure on her but when she thought of the outcome, she would become energetic again.

********

Yosoeb was late. He quickly walked out of the dance practice room. As he quickly walked towards the elevator, he spotted something. The usual dark room was bright. That room had some problem before so it was closed. It was his favourite room before but the wooden floor had decayed and he had to use another dance room. Unintentionally, his feet had already dragged him closer to the room. Yoseob smiled as he was standing right in front of the door.

“A peek is okay, right?” He smirked and opened the door slowly, didn’t want to surprise the owner of the room.

He saw a back of girl who was watching a video on an iPad. He tried to listen to the video that she was watching. He knew this song, Queen by Son Dambi. He quite loved this song. It was cheeky, catchy, cute but y at the same time. Yoseob eyes turned back to the girl. The girl had a black long silky hair. That feature of the girl looked familiar to him.

“Aigoo,” The girl sighed, leaning a bit backward. She scratched her head badly and it messed her hair. “This is hard,” She sulked as she played the video again.

Yoseob smirked looking at the girl’s reaction. He suddenly remembered that he was late so he quickly walked away. He smiled to himself. He would visit that girl again next time because she seemed interesting, most probably not as interesting as IU. Yoseob suddenly thought of her. IU? IU had the long black silky hair. Was that girl IU? He thought to himself.

********

“Ji Eun, you look so tired,” Suzy looked at IU, concerned. IU dark circles and eyes bag were obvious. She was walking weakly as a zombie too.

“I practiced for a whole night and I still didn’t get the steps,” IU looked at Suzy weakly and sighed.

“Why don’t you chance the song to acoustic version? You are good with that,” Suzy tried to suggest. She was not that good at dancing too. However, she knew what IU best at.

“I can’t. A musical actress need to know how to sing, act and dance,” IU emphasized at the word ‘dance’ as she sighed again. Maybe, entering a musical was not a good idea.

IU didn’t take her lunch as she was sleeping at the lunch hour. Suzy did try her best to persuade IU to eat but it seemed like she needed more sleep than food. That evening, they departed as Suzy needed to be home before sunset and it worried Suzy. She just prayed that IU would have a good rest after this.

That night, IU got the same room as she got yesterday. She thanked Mr. Park for it. It was more comfortable for her to use the same dancing room. As usual, she changed her clothes and opened her iPad. This time, she slowly learned the steps as she slowed down the video. It was still hard for her although the video speed had reduced. She wished she had someone to teach her this dance. Her mother was still to busy with her schedule and her father didn’t know anything about dance. Should she take a dance lesson?

IU took a rest for a while as she kept watching the video. It made her memorized the lyric but not the dance steps. After a few minutes of rest, she decided to continue the steps that she had learned few hours before. She took a deep breathe and quickly stood up. Suddenly, her vision became blurred. She shook her head few times to make it clear but it became worse. She took a very deep breath but it didn’t help too. Lastly, she out, fell on the wooden floor.

________________________________________________

I update.. yay~!! hehe... I made another iuseob fanfiction.. I know I barely reach quarter for this... but new idea come and I can't hold it or I'll forget the plot.. I'm so sorry... please check it... if you don't mind.. 

I know what you fear most