Thank you, Kiki

Love me, please...

Yoseob sighed, relieved when he saw both Suzy and Kikwang’s mother walked away from the private ward. He looked at Jiyong who was holding his left hand, looking curiously at his ‘Appa’. Yoseob smiled, trying to assure the little boy that everything was okay. Yoseob corrected the position of his heavy bag pack and walked towards the door written ‘Lee Kikwang’.

Slowly, Yoseob turned the knob of the door, carefully walked in, pulling Jiyong with him. He paused, looking at the scenario in front of him.

Kikwang was lying weakly on the white bed. His head was wrapped with the white bandage, a sign of wound in his head. There was clear wire connected from his hand to the plastic container of clear liquid that was hanged. There was also a wire connected from Kikwang nose to a machine to aid him with breathing. There were more wires for the heartbeat and blood pressure. It looked dreadful and painful.

 Yoseob awaked from his thought when Jiyong softly shook his hand. Yoseob turned to the smaller boy and sweetly smiled. Then, he brought himself and Jiyong closer to Kikwang, standing right beside the bed.

Yoseob turned his gaze towards Kikwang’s head. He felt guilty remembering he was the cause of the wound. Then, he saw the bruise at Kikwang cheek, which he was also the reason.

“I’m sorry, Kiki,” Yoseob managed to said, softly and guilty.

Jiyong was looking at his ‘Appa’ with a blank expression, confused.

“But I won’t be a burden to you anymore,” Yoseob explained, hoping Kikwang would hear him.

“You are not a burden,” the weak voice surprised both Yoseob and Jiyong.

Kikwang opened his eyes slowly, rolled his pupils to have a look at Yoseob. He could not move his head yet. It was still in pain although the pain was lesser than the moment he first woke up. Then, he noticed Jiyong at the end of his sight that was standing uncomfortably beside Yoseob.

“Kiki,” Yoseob gasped, surprised.

Kikwang looked at his best friend with a weak yet gentle look. He smiled slightly as it was still hard for him to move any muscles now.

“You are not a burden, Yoseobie,” Kikwang repeated the sentence, gentler than before, emphasizing on the pet name of Yoseob.

Yoseob smiled, gladded that the friend that he treasured had fully awaked. He was touched when he heard the pet name of him, remembering how long has it been since Kikwang used the name.

“You are awake,” Yoseob stated, changing the topic. Now that he knew that Kikwang was awaked, he felt unsecure to continue the words he was trying to tell Kikwang before.

“Since this morning,” Kikwang tried to explain as simple as it could. The pain was still bothering him and somehow it annoyed him. However, there was nothing he could do about it.

Yoseob nodded, did not know how to response. The room became silent from the conversation and it was filled with the sound from the machines beside the bed.

Kikwang used the silent moment to continue observing Yoseob. Then, he noticed that Yoseob was wearing a large bag pack which looked truly heavy especially for the small build Yoseob. Then, he also remembered that Jiyong was supposed to be at the kindergarten at this moment. He was a bit late in processing all the information he gained from observing. Luckily, the silent moment helped he thought.

“Running away?” Kikwang finally was able to grab the situation although his weak voice did not picture it.

Yoseob kept silent, looking down. He knew it was obvious that he was trying to run away. “I’m sorry,” he managed to said.

“Yoseobie,” Kikwang softly called the name. “Look at me,”

Yoseob hesitantly looked at Kikwang weak eyes smile.

“Does Jiyong a burden to you?” Kikwang asked, gathering all his energy in voicing out those words.

Yoseob shook his head. “Of course not,”

Jiyong was precious and important for Yoseob. How could Jiyong be a burden? Yoseob turned to Jiyong and ruffled his hair softly.

Jiyong smiled, liking the action from Yoseob.

“That’s how you are to me,” Kikwang carefully uttered the words, trying not to add the pain to his head.

Yoseob was once again touched. Their friendship was one of the things that Yoseob cherished the most and he knew that Kikwang had the same thought. Watching Kikwang here, on the white bed, paralyzed and in pain, Yoseob felt badly guilty and hurt. If only he could replace Kikwang.

“Replace me,” Kikwang weakly said.

It was a surprised to Yoseob. It was as if Kikwang was reading his mind.

“Be the lead actor,” Kikwang continued, explaining everything in simple words.

It was more shocking to Yoseob. He had thought of replacing Kikwang place as the lead actor because he was the understudy but the thought did not come to him when Kikwang was hurt, lying lifelessly on the bed.

“I can’t...” Yoseob words were cut.

“Please,” Kikwang pleaded weakly. “For me,”

The last two words from Kikwang influenced Yoseob. He was thinking of what he could do for Kikwang and he thought of running away as he would not become a burden to Kikwang and others anymore. However, if there was something else that he could do for Kikwang who had done a lot to him, Yoseob would gladly do it.

“In one condition,” Yoseob said in a serious tone.

Kikwang was silent, waiting for the next words. He chose not to react as he felt it was a waste of energy especially since he had so little left.

“Don’t die,” Yoseob continued, still in his serious tone.

Kikwang felt it was funny. However, he could not let out laughter like he usually did so he smiled.

“Okay,” Kikwang answered simply.

Yoseob smiled joyfully. He was supposed to run away by now but he was still here, in Kikwang’s ward unintentionally agreeing to stay.

“Use this chance, Yoseobie,” Kikwang weakly voiced out.

Yoseob looked at Kikwang confusedly, as he did not know what Kikwang was talking about.

“Confess to her,” Kikwang continued. “So, you won’t regret,” he managed to finish.

Yoseob smiled, feeling touched and happy. He placed his hand on the top of Kikwang cold hand, gently hold it as he looked into Kikwang eyes.

“Thank you Kiki, for everything that you have done for me. I am truly grateful and thankful to have you as my friend,” Yoseob sincerely spoke.

He may felt regret that he met Kikwang before but he could not imagine what would happen to him and Jiyong if he never met Kikwang. Their life would end up at the street, becoming homeless and most probably beggar.

 

 


Thanks for the comments... ^_^

I admit that I did rushed when I was writing previous chapters and still rushing.
I'm so sorry for that and hope you will enjoy this chapter also the future chapters.