Failure?

Love me, please...

IU turned to her side and saw Suzy was standing, raising her arm. Suzy then turned to IU and winked.

What is she thinking about?  IU thought. But she just too confused to voice out.

“What do you mean?” the MC asked, confused with the sudden volunteer request.

“I’ll take his turn and he will take mine,” Suzy explained, taking back her hand to her side.

“But…”

“Yoseob is in the toilet, he got stomach ache. Please, give him a few more minutes,” Kikwang suddenly stood up, as he saw the MC was trying to reject Suzy’s request.

Suzy turned to Kikwang instantly when she heard the voice. Their eyes met but Kikwang quickly turned away. Suzy smiled weakly. She knew that Kikwang was just trying to help his bestfriend. His action had nothing to do with her. Suzy quickly looked back at the MC who was approaching the judges, most probably asking for their permission.

IU sighed as she watched the awkward situation between her bestfriend and her ex-boyfriend. If they both were accepted to join the musical, won’t it be hard for both of them?

Kikwang weakly turned his sight back to Suzy, watching her back silently as he smiled faintly. I hope you will forget me.

The MC went back to the rostrum and announced. “Alright, you can take his turn,”

Suzy nodded and smiled. She turned to IU who was showing her the ‘hwaiting’ sign. Suzy replied her and carefully climbed the stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRHtfAYu1HQ

She sang the song, ‘Only Hope’ by Mandy Moore. It was originally for Kikwang. But for now, it had become something else. It had become an excuse to take Yoseob turn. She didn’t mind whether she was accepted to the musical or not. She didn’t even feel like joining the musical anymore. Still, some part of her heart was hoping that she could join. She still likes singing. She always did.

Kikwang was awed with Suzy’s singing. It was beautiful and perfect. However, her gazing eyes looked gloomy and teary. He smiled behind the door at the right sight of the hall. She would forget me, she would.

In sudden, there was a tap on his shoulder which startled him. Kikwang quickly turned to the owner of the hand.

“It’s you,” Kikwang panted, released a heavy sigh.

Yoseob chuckled, satisfied as he made Kikwang shocked.

“Where did you go? The MC has announced your number earlier,” Kikwang quickly healed from his shock.

“Really?” Yoseob was surprised. “So, my turn is burned?”

Kikwang shook his head. “Suzy change her turn to yours,”

Yoseob frowned. “Suzy?”

Kikwang just nodded, not knowing what to reply his bestfriend when he easily said his ex-lover’s name. “You better get in and wait for your turn,” Kikwang tried to say it out calmly.

“Owh, thanks,” Yoseob patted Kikwang shoulder and stepped into the hall. “By the way,” Yoseob paused, suddenly turning back to Kikwang. “You better get in too, or you’ll miss the best part,”

Kikwang grinned at Yoseob lame joke which might be understood by only himself and him as his best buddy. “You’re the one who missed the best part,” Kikwang continued his teasing grin and followed Yoseob’s steps to the audience seats.

“You did great,” IU complimented as Suzy was sitting beside her.

“Thanks,” Suzy replied weakly, although she was gladded that she still could sing. Singing was her passion after all.

Finally, it was Yoseob’s turn. Instead of singing, Yoseob do some dance steps that he choreographed by himself. It might look simple and lousy but Yoseob wanted the judges to know another side of him. Since the judges were mostly his lecturers, they might have heard his singing voice. Plus, dancing was one of his passions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B9D-XOwFrw

All of the final contestants had been judged. Now, all of them were waiting for the result, the people who were able to join the musical. Everyone was sitting on the audience seats. Only the front area was filled as the amount of the final contestant were around 50 people.

Suzy and IU were holding each other hands. IU was closing her eyes, afraid but excited. This mixed feeling made her pulse beat faster than the normal heartbeat. Yoseob was waiting at the back seat with Kikwang. Sitting with the crowd made him felt uncomfortable since most the people knew them. It would be an embarrassing situation if they were not accepted to the musical.

“I will announce the names that will join congratulation,” the MC announced while holding a few pieces of papers at the wooden rostrum. The whole hall was silent, waiting for the restless moment.

“Yoseob,”

Yoseob smiled, satisfied when he heard his name.

“Suzy,”

Suzy was shocked. She looked at IU who was looking at her with a smile. “Congratulation,” IU murmured.

“Kikwang,”

Kikwang smirked. He knew he would be joining the musical. But, he hoped it was on his own effort, not by the help of his father. He truly hoped.

The MC spouted more names. IU patiently waited for her name. She didn’t expect much but her heart automatically hoping that she could enter the musical. She wanted to follow her mother steps and became a singer, actor, dancer, and a full package of entertainer.

“That’s all. Congratulation for those who pass,” those were the MC last words before he finally dismissed the audition event.

“I’m sorry,” Suzy muttered weakly as she saw IU disappointed expression.

“Don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault,” IU managed to say even she was at the edge of bursting out.

Suzy took IU in her hug. “I….” she paused, thinking as she closed her eyes. “You can take my position,”

IU quickly released herself from Suzy hold and looked at her with her confused and unbelief eyes.

“I’ll leave the musical,” Suzy spouted out.

IU frowned, shocked and puzzled. “Why?” she asked, still in her surprised mode.

Suzy didn’t reply as she turned away.

“Is it because of him?” IU directly asked.

Suzy still didn’t dare to face IU. She closed her eyes, sighing.

“Suzy, singing and acting is your dream. Don’t give it up because of that guy,” IU tried to advice. If Suzy doesn’t join the musical, I need to discuss the plan back with Kikwang.

“It’s your dream too,” Suzy finally spoke out.

“I’m just a beginner. I can find another chance. My parents can always help,” IU explained, trying to convince Suzy.

Suzy kept silent, not knowing what to reply.

“Please, join it for me,” IU begged.

Suzy smiled half-heartedly. “Okay,”

*********

“Congratulation, hyung,” Yoseob punched Kikwang shoulder lightly.

Kikwang just chuckled to Yoseob action towards him. “You too,” Kikwang paused to punch Yoseob chest as Yoseob made a few steps backward. “I know you will make it,”

Yoseob returned to his original position. “But IU couldn’t make it,” he looked down, a bit disappointed. He was her personal tutor after all. It must have hurt her. I hope she will be okay. She is a sensitive girl.

Kikwang was actually surprised to hear that. He was expecting that IU would enter the musical. This would divert the plan. This shouldn’t happen. What he do now? Change the plan or re-arrange it? Or he can just cancel it? No, he would not cancel it. This was for Yoseob and himself. He must continued with the plan.


Update! I write this 2 days ago but I was somewhere far from the internet at that time.