Moment in the forest

Love me, please...

“Since we need a lot workforce, I think we need to stop tonight activity. Send your groups to their dorms and gather here as soon as possible.” Doojoon explained the tasks that needed to be done by the facilitator.

Gina quickly went back to her group.

“You guys can go back to your dorms,” Gina said and turned to Yoseob. “Let’s go. We need to find her,”

Yoseob nodded his head and quickly followed Gina steps.

“Can I go with you?” Suzy suddenly exclaimed. It made Gina and Yoseob stopped.

Gina was about to open but Yoseob stopped her with his hand reaction. Yoseob walked towards Suzy and smiled.

“I know you are worried. We are worried too. So, please trust us. We promise to bring her back,” Yoseob tried to convinced Suzy.

“But she is my friend,” Suzy murmured while nodding down. She didn’t know the exact word to reply Yoseob.

“Yes, she is. That’s why you have to go back to your dorm and pray for her safety,” Yoseob said softly as he patted her shoulder gently.

Suzy was shocked with Yoseob pat. She could feel her breathe stopped for a moment. She started to walk away not because she didn’t want to find IU but to hide her blushing face.

“Let’s go,” Gina called out for Yoseob, after she satisfied looking at Suzy’s obedience act.

******

“We need to split up,” Yoseob said to Kikwang, who was searching with him.

“But it will be more dangerous,” Kikwang replied, anxious of their own safety.

“Yes, but higher possibility to find her,” Yoseob tried to convince Kikwang of his plan. “Don’t worry. If anything happen, I’ll call you through this,” Yoseob gave Kikwang a walkie-talkie.

Kikwang sighed. He didn’t have a choice except to agree on Yoseob.

******

“Ji Eun. Ji Eun ah,” Suzy was calling out that name repeatedly in the dark cold forest. She agreed with Yoseob but she couldn’t stay still and not doing anything. She wanted to help and mostly she wanted IU to be safe.

Suzy kept walking in the dark without any light source. However, her eyes had adapted to the dark environment. It was cold, colder than usual night that she had before, maybe because of the nature environment. She folded her hands, rubbing her arms to warm up her body.

“Ji Eun,” Suzy continued calling IU’s name worriedly. She tried to increase the volume of her voice each time she called that name. She kept looking around, hoping that she found her.

Suddenly she saw a moving beam on the ground. Someone is coming here. What should I do? Suzy thought.

Suzy took a while before she decided to hide behind a bush. Please don’t come here. Suzy thought while chanting that the person won’t come near here.

“Achoom!” Suzy sneezed suddenly. Aigoo. Why did you sneeze?  She rubbed her hands and placed them on her nose so it won’t be cold.

“Is someone there?” The person exclaimed as he heard the sneeze.

Suzy could hear the footsteps were getting near her. She closed her eyes. “Please don’t come here,” she chanted softly. Sweats started forming at her forehead despite the cold temperature. Her heartbeats were faster and faster as the sound became nearer and nearer. Please...

“There you are,” The person said cheerfully, thinking that he found what he was searching for.

Oh no! Suzy thought as she felt the light pointed at her. She slowly opened her eyes and looked towards the light. It was so bright that she couldn’t get a sight of the person. She tried blocking the light with her hand.

“I’m sorry,” That person noticed that the light had burdened the girl. He quickly moved the torchlight that he held to other side and gave his other hand to the girl.

“Kikwang?” Suzy was shocked, widening her eyes. She knew there was a possibility that she would encounter B2ST members but still, it was surprising.

“Yes, I am. Let’s go. Everyone is waiting for you,” Kikwang responded to the single-word exclamation.

Suzy looked at the hand before her and looked back at Kikwang. She shook her head.

“I’m not the person you are looking for. I’m also searching for the person that you are looking for,” Suzy said faintly, looking aside. She didn’t want to see the expression made by Kikwang, knowing it wouldn’t be a good one.

“Does it mean... you are searching for IU too?” Kikwang replied, shocked and confused with the statement made by the girl. Kikwang took back his hand to his side.

Suzy nodded. “She is my friend. I was so worried so I decided to come and find her,” Suzy turned her head towards Kikwang. Their eyes met and Suzy could sense that Kikwang was still confused.

Suzy continued. “I won’t go back now, not until I found her. So please let me help finding her,”

Kikwang sighed. He didn’t even sure what to do.  I guess I’ll let her do what she wants.  Kikwang thought.

“Okay, we will search her together. Plus two heads is better than one,” Kikwang gave back his hand to the girl. “Let’s go,” he said.

Suzy took the hand and stood up. She smiled slightly, happy that Kikwang allowed her to find IU.

*******

IU was just stopped crying although there were still some weak sobs. Still in her squatting position, she wiped up her tears at her cheeks. Then, she looked around. This was when her brain started to think straight and no longer controlled by the emotional emotion.

Where am I?  She thought to herself as she stood up slowly. She squatted for too long that her whole legs felt numb. It took her a few seconds to properly stand up. She looked around again, trying to figure out where she was.

Big tree. Small tree. She figured out the items before her one by one. Bushes. Dark. She stopped her breath for a moment. Forest?

IU started to freak out. She didn’t like dark and she was alone. She was alone in the dark cold forest. She didn’t even know how deep she had gone and how to went back to the camp site.

Suddenly she heard sounds, knocking sound. Maybe not, it sound more like a clapping sound. Who could it be? Is it the wild animal? IU covered with her both hands, trying to cover her breathing sound that became faster and more noticeable. She started to squat again, trying to stay as low as she could.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I never thought of making other pairing than IU and Yoseob but I'm thinking that if I pair Suzy with Kikwang, the story could be more interesting. I hope you won't mind.