Jihoon the cop

Love me, please...

IU ran excitedly towards her mother who was sitting on the sofa in their living room, leaving Yoseob behind. “Omma,” she cried as she sat beside her mother, showing her large happy smile.

“What is it?” Eun Hee asked, looking at her daughter with her frowned curious expression.

“I’ve good news,” IU joyfully answered, couldn’t hide her happiness.

“I’m going upstairs,” Yoseob said to the two women with his simple sweet smile. He didn’t want to disturb the mother and daughter moment. Eun Hee replied him with a small nod. Then, he made his way through the stairs.

“So, what’s the good news?” Eun Hee turned back to her daughter.

“I’m joining the musical,” IU voiced excitedly, expecting a good reply from her mother.

Eun Hee calm expression instantly changed.”No,” she strictly said as she turned away from her daughter.

“Om..ma…” IU was surprised. She thought her mother would smile and happily hugged her, saying that she had done a good job. She was hoping that her mother would give her a long list of advices on acting and singing. ‘No’ was really shocking to her.

Eun Hee stood up from the sofa and walked away. She needed to avoid her daughter for now. She was scared how she would react if she knew the truth. Quickly, she rushed to her room.

IU was still stunned on what just happened. She frowned, thinking how could her mother acted that way. Why she suddenly saying ‘no’? Does her mind change again? Did her mother still didn’t believe that she can actually survive in the entertainment world? Or she was just too tired.

IU picked the last choice. She most probably was too tired. She smiled weakly, saying to herself. “She will be okay by tomorrow,”

IU slowly walked upstairs, wanting to meet her father. Slowly, she knocked the door.

“Come in,” she heard the calling voice.

She turned the knob and stepped into his father music room, carefully sat on the couch.

“How’s your day, dear?” So In asked gently, as he move his wheelchair away from the desktop, closer to his daughter.

“Wonderful, Appa. I finally can join the musical,” IU answered, trying to smile.

“You don’t look that happy with the news. Something happens?” So In asked as now he was directly in front of her.

IU looked down. “Omma doesn’t approve it,”

So In was not surprised. He now knew that his wife had known about Byung soon as the director of the musical. So In had known about it since the very beginning. But he decided to hide the fact, knowing Eun Hee will be anxious about the matter.

“I’ll talk to her. Don’t worry,” he said, patting IU’s head.

“Thanks, Appa,” she finally was able to smile.

*********

Kikwang was looking at the ceiling and Suzy was lying on his arm as they both lay on the carpet in Suzy’s room.

“Babe, are you mad?” Kikwang softly asked and his other hand was stretched up as if he was trying to reach the ceiling.

Suzy silently shook her head.

Kikwang dropped his hand down and turned to Suzy, trying to look at her expression. It was blank. She was staring blankly at the carpet. Kikwang sighed, wondering what she was thinking. He truly wished she would feel better soon. How was she supposed to act as the main actress if she was in this state?

“Suzy, I won’t be here tomorrow. Are you okay with that?” Kikwang asked, testing her.

Suzy shook her head again. “Don’t go,” she managed to say.

Kikwang smiled. She was okay. She will be okay and that made him felt relieved. He turned back to the ceiling, thinking about his plan.

Kikwang phone rang. He quickly grabbed it. When he saw the caller’s name, he turned to Suzy. “Can you wait a minute?” He slowly pulled his arm from Suzy’s head and walked out of the room.

“Hello,” he answered the phone.

“So, he is alive,” the man on the other line said.

“Do you mean the old man?” Kikwang asked, surprised. He though he was dead when he couldn’t contact him before.

“He is here, in Seoul,” the voice was obviously happy.

“How did you do this?” Kikwang asked, unbelief. Yes, he never did believe the caller capability. He was a cop, a young one. Kikwang most probably took that trait from his father, didn’t believe others that easy until they prove themselves.

“Now, you trust me?” The voice asked teasingly.

Kikwang smirked, knowing the man was teasing him. He had no other choice after all. He needed to trust that guy. “Yeah Jihoonn hyung. Thanks dude,”

He was his cousin, they met just once and it was enough to make them a close friend.

“I’ve taken his statement and your father will be arrested soon,” Jihoon continued explaining.

“No hyung. Don’t arrest him now. Our hard work will vanish,” Kikwang stopped him.

“Why not?” Jihoon asked, confused.

“He knows your chief, hyung. I’m sure he will hide all the evidences and everything we have collected. We need more prove and show it to the public,” Kikwang voiced out his plan.

“I can’t do that. I will break the police ethics,” Jihoon strictly spoke.

“It’s okay, hyung. I will do that. Thanks anyway,” Kikwang smiled. This will help.

“Okay. Anyway, I need everything that you’ve collected,” Jihoon asked.

“Some of them are in hardcopy and they are in my room. You can come and take it tomorrow,” Kikwang replied.

“You hide them in your room?” Jihoon asked, unbelief. What if that scary old man saw them?

Kikwang chuckled. “It’s okay, hyung. Trust me, that’s the safest place in the world,”

“Alright, meet you tomorrow,” Jihoon greeted, ending the conversation.