'Appa, Omma, Jiyong, sleep'

Love me, please...

It was dinner time in Lee’s residence. The whole family was sitting on the dinner table, enjoying their dinner. Jiyong was cheerfully laughing, starting to talk about his class.

“School. I make toy,” Jiyong tried to speak with his limited vocabulary.

Yoseob who was sitting beside the little boy, rubbed his hair gently and replied. “Really? Can you show it to me later? You did bring it home, right?”

Jiyong smiled sincerely and nodded, happy to listen to his ‘Appa’ reply.

“I’m glad he starts to speak,” Eun Hee spoke, after watching the scene between Yoseob and Jiyong.

“Me too. It all thanks to you, Mr and Mrs Lee,” Yoseob politely replied with his simple smile.

“Please, just speak casually. It is almost a month you stay here and you are still talking formally. It makes me feel awkward,” Eun Hee replied.

Yoseob smiled awkwardly and tried to reply casually. “Yes, hrm…” he paused, thinking what should he called Eun Hee. Ahjumma? Noonim?

“Call me Omma,” Eun Hee replied, smiling sweetly as if she could read Yoseob’s mind. Her words attracted IU who was in her own world.

IU quickly turned to her mother. “Omma?” she questioned, surprised.

Eun Hee and So In looked at each other and turned back to their daughter, nodding.

“Yoseob can’t keep calling me Mrs Lee. I am not his boss or someone with high position,” Eun Hee answered to IU.

IU kept silent, uncomfortable with the situation. Just because of that only word, it could mean she and Yoseob were siblings. She disliked it. Yoseob already thought her as his younger sister. IU sighed.

**********

“Omma. Sleep,” Jiyong quickly rushed, holding IU hand when he saw IU walked out of her room.

IU noticed that Yoseob was standing at the door of his room, watching Jiyong ran to her.

“He doesn’t want to sleep. He keeps asking for you,” Yoseob explained when IU looked at him with her frowned face.

IU nodded, turned to Jiyong who was standing beside her, still holding her hand. She squatted, so her eyes could meet Jiyong’s. “Jiyong want to sleep with Omma?” she asked, holding the boy’s shoulders.

Jiyong nodded, smiling.

IU stood up and took Jiyong hand. “He will sleep with me then if you don’t mind,” IU quickly pulled Jiyong hand without waiting for Yoseob approval. The truth was she was still a bit hurt with what happened earlier that day.

But, Jiyong pulled back.

IU turned back to Jiyong with her surprised and wondered expression.

“Appa, Omma, Jiyong, sleep,” the little boy tried to explain his innocent thought.

IU and Yoseob looked at each other and turned to the little boy. Yoseob slowly made his way to Jiyong, squatting as he turned Jiyong body so the little boy would face him.

“Omma and Appa can’t sleep together,” Yoseob tried to explain.

“Why?” Jiyong asked simply.

Yoseob turned his look to IU, as if he was asking for her answer. IU sighed, not knowing what to reply.

*********

Eun Hee was pondering, sitting, leaning at the head of her king size bed. So In who was trying to write turned to his wife.

“What is it, dear?” So In asked concernedly, paused his activity.

Eun Hee sighed, listening to So In question. She knew she could never hide anything from him.

“I met Tae Hee today,” she paused. “at the hospital,”

So In was surprised. He never met that person but he knew the story from Eun Hee. She was her bestfriend who also her rival for a man love. He didn’t know the whole story but Eun Hee always voiced out her guilty feeling to that person.

So In placed his book and pen at the nightstand beside the bed.

“Is she okay?” So In asked, wanting Eun Hee to continue her story.

“She is mentally ill,” Eun Hee stopped, nodding down and sighed.

So In took his wife hand and held it tight yet gently. “Whatever happens, it must have a reason,”

“That’s why I met her, to know why she is there,” Eun Hee explained. “But, there is something else that bothers me,” Eun Hee quickly turned to So In, searching for his calm eyes.

“She says that our daughter is in danger,” Eun Hee bit her lower lips. “I know she is not mentally well but what if…”

So In instantly pulled his wife into his hold. “Don’t worry,” he assured although his heart started to wager, afraid.

********

Kikwang spent his night in Suzy house. He had just finished cleaning the mess at the lower floor of the building and on his way to the second floor, bringing a tray of food and drinks. Without knocking, he entered Suzy’s room.

Suzy was wearing her bathrobe, drying her hair with a pink towel. She quickly turned to the door, surprised as she saw Kikwang was standing there, watching her which was just in her bathrobe.

Kikwang continued his steps calmly, placing the tray on Suzy’s study table. Then, he made few steps forward to Suzy. Suzy slowly stepped backward, scared until she couldn’t take more steps because of the wall behind her.

“Don’t worry,” Kikwang said calmly with his cunning smirk and leaned forward, making his face nearer.

Suzy quickly closed her eyes tightly, nervous.

“I have seen better,” Kikwang whispered softly in Suzy’s ears and retreated backward, still in his teasing expression.

Suzy flicked her eyes opened and hissed, unsatisfied with his words. How could he say that to a girl? Didn’t he know how sensitive a girl’s heart was?

Kikwang made a glance before he stepped out of the door. “But, they don’t as you do,” the last words he said before he walked away from Suzy’s sight.

Suzy was startled upon hearing the sentence. What was that? “Is that a compliment?” she wondered. It took her several second before she realized what it truly meant.

“Yah! Lee Kikwang! How dare you speak ert words in front of me?” Suzy intentionally shouted loudly from her room.

Kikwang lightly chuckled when he heard that angry tone. He was gladded that his strict yet cheerful Suzy had returned. He didn’t know what his next step to reply his father action but for now, he must make sure that Suzy was saved.

 


There is no word I want to say except for thank you.