Things happen

Love me, please...

IU slowly opened her eyes. Then, she noticed the unfamiliar things and items. The light blue wall, the yellow night lamp and lastly she noticed Jiyong who was sleeping silently beside her. Then, she remembered that she was in Yoseob’s room last night. IU gently sat up, not wanting to wake Jiyong. She looked around and realized that Yoseob was nowhere in the room. Slowly, she stepped down from the bed and walked out of the room, carefully closed the door as she was out to the hallway.

I wonder where he sleeps. IU mentally spoke as she walked down the stairs, going to the kitchen. As she was walking down, she noticed the figure who was curling as he slept soundly on the sofa. IU sighed guiltily. Carefully, she turned back to the second floor and went to her room.

IU came down with a pillow and a blanket. Since she didn’t want to wake Yoseob, she just placed the pillow on his chest and covered him with the blanket. She walked to the heater to check on the temperature because the living room seemed cold and fixed them. She took a glance to Yoseob and smiled.

“Thank you,” she softly whispered.

She was awaked when Yoseob confessed. She was too nervous to open her eyes and… she couldn’t reply her feeling right now when she was officially with Kikwang. Then, she unknowingly fell asleep. IU sighed, hoping that everything would end soon. She would confess to Yoseob confidently and if he accepted it, then they would be together. Or maybe, she didn’t need confession.

IU smiled at her own thought. She just had to show her affection towards Yoseob. It didn’t matter if he didn’t understand them. For the mean time, she just had to show how she loved him too.

IU walked closer to Yoseob and kneed beside his head. She leaned forward, planting a sweet peck on his forehead.

“Me too,” she replied softly. “I love you too, Yang Yoseob,”

**********

It was nice morning with the sound of bird chirping joyfully. The aroma of Eun Hee harsh brown and pancakes filled in the air. Yoseob was already woke up, just finished his morning warm shower. While IU just awaked when the light started to chase away the darkness in her room. Jiyong was happily changing his pyjama to his casual clothes with Yoseob’s help. Then, they both packed Jiyong school’s books and stationeries in the small bag pack.

IU quickly went to her bathroom and cleaned up as she noticed that she had not much time left before Jiyong’s school time to start.

Yoseob was now sitting at the dinner table, enjoying the breakfast meal with Jiyong and So In; who was reading the newspaper intently. Eun Hee was cleaning the kitchen before she opened her apron and joined them.

The abrupt footsteps from the stairs didn’t stop their activity as if it happened regularly.

“I won’t eat,” IU said rushing when she saw her family members. IU mentally smiled. Yes, her family which was bigger and happier now.

She instantly went to the fridge, took out a bottle of orange juice and poured it in a clear glass. Still, she slurped them slow and gentle.

“We will be going,” Yoseob said, stoop up from his seat and brought Jiyong and his dished to the sink and washed them.

IU went to Yoseob and stood beside him, intentionally stared at his cute chubby face.

Yoseob noticed IU was standing right beside him but he knew nothing about her stare. “Let me wash the glass,” he said, turning his sight to her and he instantly startled when their eyes met.

IU quickly turned her face away. “Thanks,” she shyly said.

She wanted to show her affection but it didn’t turn out as she wanted it to be.

While Yoseob’s mind suddenly filled up with his unheard confession last night. There couldn’t be a chance that she heard it, right. Yoseob shook his head as he could feel the warmness rose to his face.

Then, the three of them; Yoseob, IU and Jiyong walked out of the house to send Jiyong to school and went to the campus.

“IU,” Yoseob called, not looking at her as his hand was holding to Jiyong’s.

“Yes,” IU answered, turning her head to Yoseob.

“About yesterday…” Yoseob paused.

IU quickly anticipated although she almost forgot the incident.

“Suzy’s parents were murdered,” Yoseob continued with his low and sad tone.

IU quickly stopped her steps, stopping both Yoseob and Jiyong. “What?” she asked, in shocked and unbelief.

Yoseob sighed, not sure whether he was telling her at the right time. “Her parents were murdered,” he repeated.

IU turned away, looking everywhere as gapped. She nervously gulped her saliva. “Why?” she weakly asked.

“Well, they say it a robbery but I don’t think that is the case,” Yoseob explained and turned to IU, checking her expression.

IU silently continued walking with her blank mind as both Yoseob and Jiyong followed her.

Suzy parent’s were dead? Mr and Mrs Bae? The kindest people on earth? Why did they? It doesn’t sound logic at all. How could the gone? What about Suzy? If I am feeling this, what about her?

***********

“Will you be okay?” Yoseob asked when they both arrived at the campus. They had to separate to their own classes after this and Yoseob was worried.

IU gently nodded and smiled weakly before she walked away.

Yoseob sighed as he just watched IU’s back figure slowly furthered and smaller before he also made steps to his class.

“Jieun,” Kikwang called as he pulled IU wrist.

IU was shocked and she quickly looked around her, as everyone was taking a glance at them but then they all continued their daily routine normally.

“What is it?” IU asked when everyone started to ignore them.

“About yesterday…” Kikwang started but IU cut him. “I know,”

“Not just about her. The old man…” Kikwang paused, nodded down, thinking how he should explain.

IU eyes quickly widened as she was worried.

“I think something happen to him,” Kikwang continued. He raised his head as he took a deep look into IU with his trembling eyes. “And something might happen to you too,”

 


I don't know what to say but I will feel awkward if I left this area empty. Haha. Anyway, thank you for reading.