Son?

Love me, please...

 

“I hope you don’t misunderstand. I don’t want anyone to pity me, I even hate it. So, please keep this as a secret,” Yoseob said to IU strictly.

IU wiped her tears and nodded. “Okay,”

IU sighed, out of sadness. She never though Yoseob would go through that kind of life. It was harder, much much harder than her. Before this, she kept complaining about her mother but after listening to Yoseob story, she knew she didn’t have the right to complain anymore.

Yoseob stood up from the bench while carrying the sleeping Jiyong.

“Going home already?” IU asked as she stood up from the bench following his step.

“Yeah,” Yoseob replied, not looking at IU. He suddenly felt ashamed with her after telling her the whole story. He wondered what she would think of him now. A beggar? A pity guy? A guy who tried to get attention from her? He really hoped she won’t misunderstand.

“Why don’t you dine at my place? I think Jiyong is really hungry,” IU offered. She was sure her parents didn’t mind the presence of Yoseob and Jiyong for their father birthday celebration. Plus, her parents love children very much.

Yoseob kept silent, thinking. It was true Jiyong was hungry. However, he was not that close to IU. To accept her offer suddenly would be too sudden. What about her parents? Didn’t they mind? Would Jiyong and his presence disturb them?

“Today is my father birthday. We will celebrate it on dinner time. It’ll be more fun if you and Jiyong are there. Plus, my parents love children since their only daughter grow up already,” IU added, explaining as if she could read Yoseob mind.  She smiled kindly to assure Yoseob.

Yoseob replied her smile. It won’t harm anyone if he agreed. Plus, Jiyong would have the chance to eat something more tasty and healthy, a chance that he himself didn’t get for a long time. So, he nodded and said yes.

“Actually I’m on my way to the shops. I need to buy some items for dinner also the birthday cake,” IU explained as she didn’t want to burden Yoseob following her shopped.

“You can go home first. I’ll text you the address,” IU continued.

“It’s okay,” Yoseob replied. “I can help you shop and maybe cook,”

IU shook her head, not agreed. “What about Jiyong? He is tired,”

“Jiyong is used to this. Trust me, he will be sleeping all the way until dinner time,” Yoseob smiled, trying to assure IU.

IU sighed and agreed. She couldn’t say no because deep in her heart, she actually wanted Yoseob be beside her. If Yoseob followed her, she would have more time to spend with Yoseob, more time to know him. She wanted to know more about him and if could she didn’t want he to lose from her sight, not now.

They went to shop and went back to IU house. Yoseob was a bit surprise to see a bungalow. He didn’t see one since Changsun was gone. He smiled bitterly. However, he knew it was normal for IU who a daughter of a famous actress and singer. Then, he noticed how far the difference between he and IU.

IU was the daughter of the infamous artist while he was an orphan with nothing. Recently, IU was getting better with dancing and she had a beautiful voice. Soon, IU would follow her mother step. Yoseob was sure IU would be a successful girl maybe even more popular than her mom. While, he just could sing and dance normally. If not because of B2ST, he knew he won’t be as popular as now. Compare to other B2ST members, he had lesser fans even how hard he tried to be cheerful and adorable, even how hard he practiced singing and dancing to get the precise move. He liked being cheerful, it was his natural attitude but sometimes it was hard to smile when you had a hard time to face. Still, he had to or their fans started to wonder why. He didn’t want to worry anyone. Soon, when all of B2ST members graduated, maybe they would debut and he was left alone.

“Yoseob?” IU called again after few times. Yoseob was gazing at the sofa at the living room which made her wondered what so special about that sofa.

Yoseob finally heard the call and turned to IU with a small smile.

“You can let Jiyong sleep at the sofa if you want,” IU suggested. She thought maybe Yoseob was thinking about that but couldn’t say it out loud.

“Okay,” Yoseob replied immediately and placed the sleeping baby Jiyong on the sofa. He peeked on his forehead, caressed his smooth hair before he went to the kitchen to help IU.

IU smiled sweetly as she saw the scene. Yoseob was such a caring person. Jiyong must be gladded to have Yoseob as his ‘father’.

They both cooked the dinner while Yoseob tried to help as much as he could. He was not really good with cooking since he rarely did that but he was happy that he could help.

“Where is your mother?” Yoseob asked, trying to start the conversation.

“Still working,” IU replied. She glanced at the big clock on the wall. “She will be back soon,”

“You father?” Yoseob asked again, didn’t want to end the conversation.

“He is upstairs,” IU replied simply. She intentionally kept silent, trying to figure out Yoseob feeling towards her. It might be just her feeling but sometimes, when Yoseob looked at her, she felt like he really cared for her although he knew that Yoseob was a caring person from the start. Just she felt the way Yoseob looked at her sometimes told her something else. Still, IU didn’t want to hope more since she was not sure. She likes him, very much but she scared that he didn’t feel the same. All this time, all the gentle act that he had done for her, she felt that he did all that because of it was a good thing to do since Yoseob was really a good guy.

Yoseob was nervous. The silent moment between them made he felt nervous. IU was rarely this silent. Was she still thinking about his past? What would she think of him? Maybe he shouldn’t tell his past to IU.

“I’m back,” The front door suddenly opened as Eun Hee stepped in.

“Welcome back, Omma,” IU greeted as she instantly went to her mother.

“Have you done with dinner? Need my help?” Eun Hee asked her daughter as she opened her heels and wore the wool slipper.

IU shook her head. “But don’t worry, I have someone else to help me. Omma can shower and rest first. I’ll call you when dinner is done,”

“Someone?” Eun Hee was a bit surprised. Jieun rarely brought anyone into their house except for Suzy. It was not that she mind, she even happy if Jieun brought her friends to their house so she could know them. At least, she would know with whom Jieun be friend with. However, because of their secret, only Suzy was brought to their house.

Suddenly, Eun Hee noticed the small chubby boy that slept on sofa. “Who is he?” She asked instantly.

IU turned to see Jiyong and smiled. “That is Jiyong,”

“Jiyong?” Eun Hee puzzled. As far as she knew, they never met any boy named Jiyong before.

“He is the son of my friend, Yoseob,” IU explained calmly.

“Son?” Eun Hee frowned. Son? Jieun’s friend has a son already. Yoseob? Who is this Yoseob? Why his son is here?

__________________________________________________________

I finally update. I'm sorry for taking too long time. This chapter is quite empty. I guess.. Hope you don't mind.