IU first Medley

Love me, please...

“Argh..” Yoseob groaned as the ache suddenly attacked his left leg and he fell on the hard wooden floor. Yoseob sat up as his both hands went to his leg. He gritted his teeth, tried his best to withstand the pain. He could felt that his muscle had contracted unwillingly. He massaged his leg slowly while controlling his breath. His breath was a bit uncontrolled when the pain . This was not the first time it happened but every time it happened, he still couldn’t get used to it.

IU was frozen at the place she stood. She didn’t know how to react. It was Yoseob, the person that she really hoped to meet but never expected they would meet at a place like this. This was also her first time to see Yoseob in pain. She held the knob of the door very tightly. She wanted to help but her brain stopped her from acting instantly. What should I do? IU thought hardly.

After a while, the ache slowly reduced. Yoseob took the remote of the player and turned off the music. He sighed. He straightened his both legs and stretched them. He moved closer to the wall of mirror and leaned his back and his head on the wall. He closed his eyes, breathing regularly as he tried to relax.

IU sighed, relieved. He looked much better now. I must go now before he notices anything. IU thought as she slowly tiptoeing away from the room.

Yoseob opened his eyes and looked at his watch. It was almost 9 o’clock. He needed to go home now. Jiyong was waiting for him and that boy won’t sleep without him. Yoseob quickly packed his things and walked out of the room.

********

IU couldn’t concentrate in her singing and guitar. Her mind kept playing the moment Yoseob fell on the floor and held his left leg. Was it just a normal leg cramp? Or Yoseob had accident before and injured his leg? She gasped. If it was true.... IU shook her head repeatedly, trying to stop thinking about Yoseob. But Yoseob worked so hard even he already popular. Even other universities knew and adored them.

“That is why I must work hard too,” IU thought to herself out loud and continued practicing with her voice and guitar.

“Yoseob work hard so I’ve to work hard,” She repeated and nodded her head briskly. “Fighting,” she said to herself, making ‘fighting’ sign with her fist. IU smiled. For now on, Yoseob was her role model.

******

The day of the show finally arrived. She waited for the rehearsal to start at the backstage. She looked around, looking for any B2ST members. She sighed but smiled afterward. She had to be patient. B2ST would be here soon.

“Ji Eun, you can start rehearse now,” Suddenly a girl called her.

IU smiled and walked at the stage. The audiences were not here since it was just a rehearsal. After finished the rehearsal, IU walked out of the stage. She smiled, feeling satisfied. Then, she saw B2ST. She looked for Yoseob and there he was. She smiled. He looked happy, chatting and laughing with the B2ST members. He was quite playful since he kept teasing Kikwang and Hyunseung. IU walked away after she satisfied with the sight. Plus, she would block the walkway if she kept standing there with her guitar.

The real show almost started. IU was seated on a chair at the backstage as she looked at her feet and took a deep breath. She was not this nervous before.

“IU?” A voice suddenly called her.

IU looked up at the voice. Her heartbeat became faster as she saw the owner of the voice. She became more nervous. It was Yoseob. “You remember me?” IU asked, still in shocked.

“Of course, you are going to perform?” Yoseob asked as she saw IU with her guitar.

IU nodded her head. “En.. For the introduction,” She replied, becoming more nervous remembering that the show was going to start soon. She took a deeper breath and quickly released it.

“Nervous?” Yoseob asked, looking at IU reaction. He smirked as he saw IU nodded her head. “Nervous is a normal thing. I’m nervous too,” Yoseob told IU.

“Really? But you already perform for lots of time,” IU replied, puzzled.

Yoseob smiled listening to IU reasoning. “Yes, but I’m still nervous. Do you know what I usually do when I’m nervous,” Yoseob asked.

IU shook her head, looking at Yoseob, waiting for the answer. It might help her reduce her nervous.

“I will do an aegyo before the show and chants ‘You will like me’ to the audiences. It always works for me.” Yoseob told IU and patted her shoulder.

IU was frozen. Yoseob just touched her. She took another deep breath. She couldn’t continue being nervous like this. She smiled to Yoseob. Of course it works for you. Because you are the cutest boy ever. IU thought, fangirling over Yoseob in her mind. “I will try doing that too,” She answered Yoseob. She smiled brightly and made a peace sign with her hand. “You will like me,” She said as she leaned her head a bit to the right, showing her aegyo to Yoseob.

Yoseob could felt his heart stop beating when he heard IU said ‘You will like me’. He was shocked at his own reaction. What actually happened? Why he felt like this? He felt something filled up his chest and it became so heavy. His heart started to beat unusually fast. It was just a normal regular girl’s aegyo. But IU chant seemed like a real chant. It echoed in his mind again and again.

“How is it?” IU asked. Yoseob was right about the aegyo. She did feel a bit better. She continued smiling, happy that her nervous reduce.

Yoseob woke up from his thought and smiled at IU. “It will work,” Yoseob answered IU. It works to me. He thought.

“I need to go. Other members are waiting for me,” Yoseob said to IU and smiled.

IU waved as to him as he walked away but Yoseob didn’t reply. He just rushed away. IU was a bit startled. Maybe he forgot something. IU tried to think positively.

Yoseob tried to run away from the situation. He felt his chest with his hand. His heart slowly started to beat regularly. He sighed. He needed to focus on their show and performance after this. He shouldn’t let himself be controlled by this feeling. He truly needed to calm down and he was.

Suzy already seated among the audiences. She couldn’t wait to see B2ST. To meet Kikwang. Kikwang? Suzy shook her head. Not Kikwang, Yoseob and of course Kikwang too since he was a part of B2ST. Suzy smiled brightly as she saw a figure was walking to the centre of the stage and sat on the chair provided. The stage was dark but Suzy knew that person was IU.

IU took the last but deeper breath and released it slowly. She made the aegyo and chanted to herself. The audiences were just buzzing with each other wondering who she was except for Suzy.

“Hello everyone, thanks for coming to this show. It’s going to start so I hope you can cooperate with us,” The MC started talking.

The camera started rolling. The spotlight brightened the side stage where there are a girl and a guy stood.

“Anyeong, this is Chungang Campus variety show, a show where the guests have the chance to show their talents. Not only that, we will see the guest playing variety of games. Hoe you will enjoy,” The guy said to the audiences and the camera.

“For now, we will listen to one of our guest talents,” The girl spoke.

The spotlight quickly brightened IU. IU smiled and started playing her guitar. She was nervous before but now she was excited and happy. When she played ‘Gee’, the audiences started to clap their hands, supporting the beat of the song. IU couldn’t stop smiling. She must thanked her father for choosing this medley of songs.

B2ST members were waiting at the backstage. When IU started singing, the backstage became silent. Yoseob was frozen. The voice captivated him but not only him but the whole backstage. B2ST members looked at each others, they quickly rushed to the entrance of the stage to see the owner of the voice. Yoseob succeeded to the frontline and he saw her back. It was just her back but he knew the owner of the voice. It was so sweet, smooth and kind just like an angel. Maybe she was an angel.

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I want to wrote more actually but there is something I must do.. I'm so sorry.. I will try to update as soon as I could. I'm sorry if it didn't turned out as you expected.