Fact or Fiction

Love me, please...

The applause from the audiences filled the studio. IU smiled, happy and she almost crying because of happiness. She stood up and bowed to the audiences.

“Our first guest for today is Miss Lee Ji Eun,” The guy introduced IU to the audiences.

IU bowed again and smiled.

“Can you believe it’s a live performance? She sounds so good like it’s recorded,” The girl told the audiences, making shock expression.

“Of course, we won’t allow lip-sync in this show,” The guy replied to the girl.

The MCs started to introduce other guests and lastly. “B2ST,” The girl exclaimed, introducing the group. They entered the stage one by one. The crowds screamed and shouted their names. B2ST members waved towards the audiences.

Yoseob took a glance to IU before he took his seat. He read IU’s nametag. It was her. Why she refuse to sing before? Why she suddenly decide to sing now? Yoseob thought.

“Seobie,” Doojoon who was sitting next to Yoseob called him.

Yoseob turned to Doojoon, responding to the call.

“It’s the lost girl, right?” Doojoon continued asking.

Yoseob nodded his head and turned his sight to Kikwang who was sitting at the end. Kikwang sensed Yoseob eyes on him and turned to Yoseob. Kikwang made a ‘texting’ sign with his hand, telling Yoseob to communicate through his phone.

IU looked at Yoseob. Does he listen to me? She wondered. Will he like it? She kept asking in her mind.

Yoseob took out his phone from the pocket and saw a new message sign. He opened it.

‘It’s her, right? The girl who refuse to sing when Gina noona asks her and then run to the forest,’

Yoseob glanced at Kikwang and replied.

‘Yes,’

‘Then, why she suddenly sings now?’

‘I don’t know,’

That was the end of their text.

It was the last part of the show. It was called ‘Fact or Fiction’. A statement would be asked to the guest and they had to answer it fact or fiction. Fact meant it was true while fiction meant it was false.

“Doojoon, you are B2ST leader.” The guy started asking.

“Fact,” Doojoon answered confidently. The crowd started to buzz.

“He does look like a leader,” The girl responded to the answer.

“Yoseob, you are the maknae,” The game continued.

“Fiction,” Yoseob answered.

The crowd buzzed again, noisier than before.

“But you look like the maknae of the group,” The girl asked, puzzled.

“The real maknae is Dongwoon,” Kikwang answered. It made the crowd shocked.

“Dongwoon looks more mature than Yoseob. Yoseob look much younger,” The girl stated her opinion.

“That’s because I’m cuter,” Yoseob replied, laughing. The stage burst into laughter although it was a fact.

The MC turned to IU and smiled. IU replied the smile. It was her turn.

“Ji Eun, your mother name is Lee Eun Hee,” The guy asked.

IU was shocked with the question. She suddenly felt a large burden just fell on her. She looked at the MC who asked her, then she turned to the audiences. She couldn’t find Suzy. I can’t break down here. Not here, not in front of everyone.  IU turned her sight again and saw Yoseob. He was looking at her, smiling.

Yoseob was a bit shocked. He remembered what had happened at the camp before.

“Choose between truth or dare,” Gina instructed.

“Truth,” IU picked. Dare usually ended up with something that she didn’t like.

“I will start with an easy question. What is you mother’s name?” Gina asked cheerfully. She truly thought it was an easy question but actually it was difficult for IU.

“I’m sorry, I can’t answer that,” IU replied while looking down.

Yoseob looked at IU anxiously. She was looking around and suddenly their eyes met. Her eyes were full of expression, worried, anxious and sad. They looked teary. Don’t cry here. Yoseob thought, hoping it could reach her. Yoseob smiled and made a ‘fighting’ sign.

“Lee Ji Eun, answer please. Fact or fiction?” The guy asked again since the silent had became too long.

IU replied Yoseob smiled. This secret would be revealed and it was all her fault. She should just listen to her mother and this won’t happen. If she didn’t decide to sing, if she didn’t decide to join this show, if only she could turn back the time.

However, she was tired. Tired to lie, and to keep lying. She was tired to live in the fake life made by her mother. She was tired to keep the secret of her mother. Sometimes she thought, maybe it was better that her mother sent her to an orphanage so this wouldn’t happen. She didn’t have to live like a prisoner, not doing things that she wanted. She wanted to live as herself who likes music. It was in her blood.

“Fact,” IU answered, still looking at Yoseob and her tears fell, slowly rolling down her cheeks.  

The studio was silent for a moment but it started buzzing.

“But she was married with Lee So In on 1995 and you are...,” The girl blurted out. She gasped, showing her shock expression to the audiences.

The studio became noisier.

“Yah! Stop lying,” A sudden screams from the crowds.

“Eun Hee don’t have a child! Get lost! Liar!” The bashes kept coming.

The guards quickly entered the studio to control the audiences. Suzy rushed towards the stage but she was blocked by the guards.

Since it was live, the director quickly decided to end the show with B2ST performance.

Yoseob made his last sight to IU as he saw IU walking out of the stage and rushed away. He truly wanted to keep his eyes on her but he needed to perform. The crowds had silent, waiting for B2ST performance.

Kikwang tapped Yoseob shoulder. Yoseob quickly turned to Kikwang.

“Don’t worry. We will find her later. Plus, with a friend like Suzy, she will be okay,” Kikwang said to Yoseob, assuring him. Then, the performance started. As usually, the crowds turned crazy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I might not update tomorrow.. depends on what will happen tomorrow... I'm sorry for an awkward chapter.. it might be boring..