Old man statement

Love me, please...

It was morning. Eun Hee made the breakfast. Today, her schedule was empty as her drama shooting just finished. Tomorrow, she had a sitcom and another new drama shooting. While, her husband just finished making 5 new songs for her that will be included in her new album which would be recorded next week. There were another 5 songs that created for her from others lyricists and composers.

“Good morning, dear,” So In greeted as he pushed his wheelchair to the dinner table.

“Morning,” Eun Hee replied, smiling.

“Where are the kids?” So In asked as he saw the area was empty.

“Still in bed, I guess,” Eun Hee replied, taking out the omelette from the pan.

So In kept silent, remembering the expression Yoseob made last night when they were talking about his only daughter, Jieun. “So, Jieun will be home tonight, right?” So In asked, to make sure.

“Yes. Why do you ask?” Eun Hee replied with her weird and confused face as she placed the breakfast on the dinner table.

“I just miss her. It has been weeks since we have a long chat together,” So In was being honest although he was still worried.

“I’m sure she will find the time for you,” Eun Hee smiled, assuring. She passed the omelette to So In and took the newspaper.

 

Dean in Psychiatric Ward
by Random Author

Im Tae Hee, a Dean of a private University in Seoul is sent to the psychiatric ward after fainting in the president office. She is said too depressed after the president, Mr. Lee Seung Gi dismisses her from her current position which is why she is fainted. The reason she is fired is because she is believed receiving some amount of money from certain parents that want their children entering the university.

“I have concrete evidence of her corruption so I won’t take back my order of her dismissal,” Mr. Lee Seung Gi said when he is asked. He passes the evidences to the police for them to investigate.

 

Eun Hee was surprised with what she just read. Her former bestfriend was sent to the psychiatric ward. Their life was complicated back then. They liked the same guy and Tae Hee gave up when she knew that guy liked Eun Hee. Because of that guy, both of their life turned miserable especially when Tae Hee lost her parents. They lost contacts after that.

Eun Hee felt guilty and pity. She decided to visit her ex-bestfriend on that day.

**********

“I will make the statement,” the old man answered calmly after listening to Kikwang explanation. His replies surprised both IU and Kikwang.

They both looked at each other and turned back to the old man.

“Are you sure, sir?” IU asked, being polite.

The old man nodded. “I’ve live my whole life in guilty even when I was in jail. I should be punish for my real crime,” he explained.

“How about your family? Will they be okay?” IU asked again, feeling sorry which she got a glare from Kikwang as he was scared that the old man would change his mind.

“My son is now happy with his permanent job. My wife had died few years ago,” the old man smiled. “I wish I could join her,”

IU kept silent. It sounded like it was his last wish.

“Here, my contact number. I’ll contact you again. Hope we can meet again in the court, old man,” Kikwang said bluntly, giving his card.

IU gave her deadly glare which had no effect on Kikwang. Then, they both walked away.

“You shouldn’t be rude to him,” IU expressed her anger when they were away from the old man, making their way to the airport.

“He is a murderer. He deserves that kind of treatment,” Kikwang replied bluntly.

“It should be Yoseob who decide whether he deserve that kind of treatment or not. He killed his parents, not yours,” IU released her thought without thinking of the consequences.

Kikwang was shocked with that statement. It was like he was slapped hardly. Those words boiled his head as he felt angry but he knew IU was right. He had no right to decide what should be done to that old man. However, he didn’t want Yoseob to know anything until the time was right. Until, his father was punished, until he himself was punished.

***************

Yoseob noticed that Kikwang didn’t come to the class that day also to the musical practice. As he looked around the practice room, he also noticed that Suzy was not there too. The practice was not started yet as they were waiting for the director to assign them with the characters. He sighed, feeling alone.

“Girls, I heard Suzy parents were murdered last night,” Yoseob heard the whisper. He turned to the girl who was talking to her group of friend.

“How do you know?” one of her friends asked.

“I heard from the lecturer. They were killed by the thiefs. They lost almost everything in the house,” the girl continued her story-telling session.

Yoseob quickly walked out of the practice room but was stopped by Dongwoon as he pulled his hand.

“Where are you going?” Dongwoon who was also joining the musical asked him.

“Somewhere,” Yoseob replied bluntly before pulling back his hand.

He dialled Kikwang’s number but his phone was off. Instantly he turned back to the practice room and pulled Dongwoon.

“Hyung, where are we going?” Dongwoon asked, confused.

“To Suzy’s house. You know it is where, right?” Yoseob asked, looking forward.

Dongwoon nodded although he knew Yoseob won’t be able to look at it.

************

The house was in it worse state. The things were in messed. Most of the electronic devices such as television, computer, DVD player were taken. Since, the door was not locked, Yoseob and Dongwoon decided to enter the messy house. They were very careful with their steps since everything were practically were laying on the floor.

“Her room is upstair,” Dongwoon said as they reached the stairs.

As they made their ways to the second level of the house, they heard the soft sobs. Yoseob sighed. She was in the house, crying by herself.

Suzy’s room has a sign written ‘Suzy’ on the door. Yoseob carefully opened the door while Dongwoon was waiting behind him.

It revealed a girl who was curling on her bed with her messy long hair fully covered her face. On the second look, she did look scary.

“Suzy?” Yoseob softly asked.

Suzy didn’t make any effort to look at the voice who was calling her name. She heard it but she was scared of who it would be. Could it be his strict and scary uncle who maybe will claim her? But she was over 18 now. According to the law, she didn’t need guardian anymore.

“Suzy,” Yoseob repeated as he slowly make himself closer to Suzy.

Suzy dared herself to look at the voice as she turned her head slowly. “Yoseob?” her eyes widened, shocked. She would never think it would be Yoseob. He didn’t include in the list of people that she was hoping to see. In that list, the first top were her parents and after that surprisingly, it was Kikwang.

 


I have a fever and a slight headache. I guess it just come with the fever. Anyway, hope you enjoy this. :)