'Omma'

Love me, please...

“What do you want?” Gikwang rudely asked. He was just entered his father office room which was also the president of the university.

“I’ve heard that you are with the lousy girl, is that true?” The man who was sitting at the comfy office chair strictly asked.

“Do you mean Suzy? She is not a lousy girl, sir,” Gikwang irritated with the tittle that his father gave to Suzy.

“Anyway, she is not a good choice,” His father replied, stood up from the chair.

“What do you mean?” Gikwang confused.

“You know who is Lee Jieun, right?” The president smirked.

Gikwang just nodded his head, in confused.

“She is the perfect choice. Dating her would increase you popularity with the nation’s press. Indirectly, promoting this university,” the older man said still with a smirk on his face.

“No, I won’t do that. I don’t have any feeling for her. So, why would I date her?” Gikwang declined as he took a step backward.

“Yes, you would,” his father expression suddenly changed.

Gikwang grinned and looked away. “What make you think that I will do that?”

“Because I will take back Yoseob’s scholarship if you don’t,” The president half smirked, thinking that he would win.

“You can’t do that suddenly. You don’t have a perfect reason to do that,” Gikwang replied, although he started to feel suspicious.

“Yes, I do,” the man took out a brown envelope from the drawer of his office table.

“What is that?” Gikwang asked, curious but he didn’t feel like opening it.

“Evidence that Yoseob has a child,” the president calmly replied.

“A child?” Gikwang was shocked. He knew about Jiyong but he never knew that the rule of the scholarship not to have a child. Plus, Jiyong was not even Yoseob’s.

“But…” Gikwang paused. Yoseob had warned him not to tell anyone that Jiyong was his brother’s child. Although, that person was dead, Yoseob still wanted to protect his reputation as an artist.

“You better follow my instruction Lee Gikwang,” His father strictly ordered.

Gikwang sighed. He didn’t sure about his choice. Choosing his lover or his bestfriend, Suzy or Yoseob. Both were important to him, much more important that his own life.  

******

Yoseob was waiting outside the kindergarten, waiting for Jiyong. There were other parents also waiting for their children. The sound of children cheering was heard as the children were running out of the colourful building. Yoseob smiled as he saw Jiyong slowly made his way towards him. Jiyong was holding a paper with some drawing on it.

“What are you drawing today?” Yoseob asked gently when Jiyong approached him as he was squatting so he was at the same level as Jiyong.

“Omma,” Jiyong claimed excitedly as he showed the drawing of a woman, a man and a little boy.

“Omma?” Yoseob was a bit surprised. He was shocked that Jiyong finally spoke other word than ‘appa’. However, he never thought that ‘omma’ would be the other word.

In sudden, a woman approached them with a smile. She was Jiyong’s teacher.

“Anyeong,” The woman politely greeted.

“Anyeong,” Yoseob replied. He took Jiyong in his arm and stood up.

“He has made another progress today. He participate a lot in the class especially when we are discussing about family,” The woman spoke, explaining.

“That is a good thing but…” Yoseob paused, hesitated. “He never has a mom so…” Yoseob voice slightly slowed down.

“Really? That is weird because he keeps saying ‘omma’ words in the class today. If you notice, he even draws her picture,” The woman cut Yoseob words and frowned while explaining. If Jiyong didn’t has a mother, then who was in the drawing.

Yoseob was also surprised with the statement. He thought maybe the teacher knew the person that Jiyong drawed.

“I’m not sure about that,” Yoseob spoke out as he looked at Jiyong who was kept smiling, looking at his drawing.

Then, the conversation became silent.

“I think it is a good think if he has a mother or someone that he though as his mother. It may help him to speak out more also to socialize with other children,” The woman broke the silence and suggested with a smile.

“I’ll think about it,” Yoseob replied politely. The teacher words might be true. Jiyong might need a mother.

As they walked away, Jiyong kept looking at the teacher and waved.

Yoseob just smiled looking at Jiyong cheerful action that evening. He frowned as he saw the woman in Jiyong’s drawing. Long hair and a simple dress, who could that be. He sighed as he couldn’t recognize the woman in the Jiyong’s drawing. Why a child drawing was so hard to be recognized?

 

 


I decide to fasten up the pace.. It maybe too fast.. So sorry about that.. :(  Sorry if this is much more shorter than usual.. I may writing this much for the next chapters. Thanks for reading.
Comments and Subscribes are <3