The painful break up

Love me, please...

They were having breakfast together; IU, Yoseob, Eun Hee, So In and the adorable Jiyong. Eun Hee was quite late for her shooting but she had informed the production about it. Plus, her scenes were not that much today. She just wanted to spend her time more on her daughter and of course the new members of the family.

They were just having simple pancake with maple syrup, a western style of breakfast as it easier to be made. Still, they enjoyed it.

Eun Hee smiled. Today was the audition for the musical, most probably the first step of her daughter into the entertainment world. Either she passed it or not, she would still support her.

“Omma,” Jiyong called as he wanted more maple syrup on his pancake, inherited his ‘appa’ sweet tooth.

Eun Hee choked her coffee when she heard that word. “Omma?” she frowned, disbelief.

“Ahh.. I’m sorry. I forget to inform you,” IU smiled awkwardly. The truth was she didn’t know how to tell her mom that Jiyong had mistaken her as his mother.

“Since when?” Eun Hee asked, curious and anxious at the same time. So In who was reading the newspaper quickly folded it and concentrated to IU.

IU turned to Yoseob who was smiling, trying to assure her that everything would be okay. However, before she could answer, another voice spoke out.

“Since yesterday,” Yoseob smiled calmly. “I think they learn about family yesterday and Jiyong has mistaken IU as his mother. I’m sorry for not informing this earlier,”

“Omma,” Jiyong called again, begging for the maple syrup.

IU squeezed the plastic bottle on Jiyong’s plate and the boy happily ate his portion of meal.

“It’s okay. It’s not a big deal, I’m just surprised,” Eun Hee replied, still worried. It was most probably karma. The same thing happened between her, So In and Jieun before. Just because So In was always with her, Jieun had mistaken him as her father up until now.

“I’ll try to stop him if needed,” Yoseob noticed the anxious tone in Eun Hee voice.

“No, it’s okay,” Eun Hee replied, slurping the last drop of her coffee. As it may become worse.

*************

“Good luck for the audition dear. I don’t care about the result. I just want you to do your best, okay?” Eun Hee gently spoke before she entered the car.

“Okay, omma,” IU answered, smiling as her heart was beating fastly. The nervousness started to be built in her.

Yoseob was just back from sending Jiyong to his kindergarten, as he saw IU was waving her mother as the car moved away.

“Ready?” Yoseob asked as he walked towards her.

IU turned back and smiled as she saw the owner of the voice. Then, she nodded. “Ready,” she replied with determination.

Then, IU and Yoseob went directly to the audition. It was made in a large hall, full with anticipated students who wanted to enter the musical. IU found Suzy while Yoseob found Kikwang.

“Have you registered?” Kikwang asked Yoseob.

Yoseob saw the white paper written with number at Kikwang chest. He shook his head. Obviously, he was just arrived.

“We’ll show you the counter,” Suzy said, taking IU’s hand and walked away while Yoseob and Kikwang followed them.

Yoseob noticed something. Kikwang and Suzy still acted like a lover. They may not even broke up yet. However, if Kikwang truly bored with Suzy, why did he look like he still like her? They way he smiled when he saw her smiles, the way his eyes gentled when she helped other contestants with the registration, and the way his expression changed suddenly as if he started to notice something. Did you actually saying the truth, Kikwang?

**********

It was lunch break, where Yoseob decided to temporarily escape to pick up Jiyong from his kindergarten. He wanted to use the elevator but it would be too obvious and people might asking where he was going. He went through a safer way, the emergency stairs. As he was running down, he noticed Kikwang and Suzy at the emergency stairs. He stopped abruptly, watching the scene silently from the upper level.

“Are you saying that you are bored with me?” Suzy asked furiously, angry.

“Yeah, I guess you are not my type after all,” Gikwang was leaning at the wall as he grinned devilishly. “There is someone that I like and to get her, I need to release you first,”

Suzy was gritting her teeth, trying to hold her anger. She looked down, biting her lower lips. Her lower lips started to bleed but the pain in her heart was too much for her to feel the small pain on her lips. Her eyes were red, trying to hold the tears but they eventually fell. Then, she slapped him.

‘Pang!’

The sound echoed in the empty concrete area.

“I hate you!” Suzy claimed as those words echoed. Then, she quickly climbed up and noticed Yoseob was standing at the upper level. Suzy looked at Yoseob with her doe teary eyes, surprised with other presence who was most probably watching the whole scene. However, she instantly went out through the door after she realized that those scenes were embarrassing.

Kikwang quickly felt the sting of pain that crept on his cheek but it couldn’t be compared to the pain in his heart. A very sharp painful arrow just stabbed his heart when Suzy announced the three words, ‘I hate you’. His mind turned blank as he instantly sat on the grey cold floor. Unconsciously, tears fell from his eyes.

Great Kikwang. Now, the person that you love most hates you. A voice echoed in his mind. Gikwang smirked to the words of the voice.

Unexpectedly, a person was standing in front him. He looked up to see his bestfriend was looking at him with his gentle smile as he gave his hand. Kikwang replied the smile and took the hand as he stood up.

“Thanks,” Kikwang voiced as he fully stood up.

“I want to know more but I need to pick up Jiyong,” Yoseob replied as he started going down the stairs. Then, he suddenly stopped and turned his head to Kikwang. “You better prepare yourself with the answers as I’ll be back with a lot of questions,”

Kikwang smiled at his bestfriend positive attitude. He was right. He should be preparing what to answer.

*********

“Suzy, where are you?” IU claimed as she saw her bestfriend was wondering at the hallway.

Suzy quickly faked a smile when she saw IU who was running towards her.

“We are entering the final round,” IU informed as that was her original intention. Then she noticed the blood at Suzy lips. “Are you okay?” as she pointed the blood on the lips.

Suzy used his thumb to rub the blood away and managed to force out a smile. “I knocked the toilet door just now,” Suzy lied, trying to maintain her smile. Then, she noticed how IU was looking at her, the concerned and unbelief look.

“Don’t worry. This will heal in no time,” Suzy trying to laugh but it turned into an awkward smile.

“What have happened Suzy? Don’t lie to me,” IU seriously asked as she noticed how red and swollen Suzy eyes were.

 


 

I still have much to write.. I know what your fear most will be in hiatus as I want to concentrate on this first. :) Thanks for commenting although I wish for more. I'm greedy. Hihihi..