Singing?

Love me, please...

 “Yes, I am,” IU answered as the girl was saying her name although she was confused.

“We would like to invite you as a guest in our show,” The girl explained to IU, while taking IU both hands.

“Show?” IU asked, became more confused as her eyebrow frowned.

“Yes, it’s our assignment, our final project for this semester. It’ll be held live and shown through the campus television cable,” Another girl explained, as she looked at IU with her hoping eyes.

“Means the whole campus will watch the show?” Suzy asked as she was as curious as IU was.

“Yes, if we could convince the dean of our department. She said she needs you to be one of the guests to make our show a live show and watched by the whole campus,” The girl told IU, sounded as she was begging.

IU and Suzy looked at each other. Suzy smirked and replied. “She agrees,” She answered cheerfully.

IU eyes quickly widened as she was shocked with Suzy’s answer.

“Thank you so much. Here, the script. You may want to show any of your talent so contact me if you do have a talent to show. My number is at the front page of the script. Thanks again,” The girl said happily while shaking IU’s hand and quickly walked away.

“Why did you do that?” IU asked Suzy, a bit angry.

“I’ve told you that this is your turn to rise and the chance has come. If you reject this chance, there might not be another chance for you,” Suzy explained, holding IU shoulders.

IU just kept silent, thinking what Suzy was saying. Suzy might be right but by doing so she would betray her own mother.

********

“I’m home,” IU shouted as she entered through the back door. It was silent. No reply or answer. Omma has a drama schedule till night today. Appa must be in his music room. IU thought silently.

She walked towards her room and placed her books on the study table while her bag on the chair. She looked at the script of the show on her table. I need to call the girl saying that I don’t want to be on the show. She took her phone and dialled the number.

“Hello, I’m Lee Ji Eun,” IU greeted the girl as she strolled to her bed.

“Ah, do you have any talent to show?” The girl asked excitedly.

“Actually...”

“Could you wait a minute?” The girl suddenly stopped her.

“B2ST decide to perform? Okay, let’s place their performance at the introduction. If we have much more time left, maybe they can perform again at the ending,” IU heard the background of the voices.

B2ST? B2ST will perform? IU thought. It was surprising for her. She definitely wanted to meet him again. It was a rare chance.

“I’m sorry, Miss Lee Ji Eun. So, do you want to show anything?” The girl asked with a kind tone.

“I... I... Hrm...” IU lost her words. She called the girl to say that she didn’t want to be in the show but now she did want to be in the show. I just want to hear his... “Voice...” She suddenly said it out loud. IU gasped and covered with her hand. She didn’t expect it would come out from .

“Voice? Do you want to sing? Oh, that’s great. What kind of song that you will sing? Do you need any instrument or minus one or anything?” the girls asked, sounded desperate. It was most probably because there was not much time left. The show was next week.

IU was a bit startled with the question asked. “I... I don’t decide yet,” She tried to reply while biting her lower lip.

“It’s okay but if you have decide with the song, please inform us. Anyway, thank you for joining the show,” the girl replied IU kindly.

“Okay,” IU quickly replied. Her hand that was holding the phone instantly fell. Then, she fell on her back at the bed. She sighed. She turned her head and saw her guitar. She smiled. Maybe Appa can help me.

“So you need to sing,” Lee So In, a composer who had spent 14 years on the wheelchair turned to his daughter with a smile.

They both were in a medium-sized room with wooden floor and racks of hundreds of disks and records. There was a table with a computer on it at the corner of the room. There was a keyboard instrument and a dark brown classic guitar at another corner of the room.

“I know Omma will mad at me if she know but Appa can keep it a secret between us right?” IU begged her father as she pouted her lips.

So In nodded his head gently and pushed his wheelchair towards her daughter. “Tell me. Why do you want to join this show?” So In asked kindly with a smile.

“I just want to meet B2ST,” IU replied, she took a chair and sat beside his father.

“B2ST?” So In asked, wondering what it was.

“B2ST is a boy group of our university. They will be joining this show too so I want to meet them,” IU answered excitedly. She was really close to her father compare to her mother. She learned guitar from his father secretly when she was in elementary school and her mother found out when she entered the high school. Father backed her up and that was why she still could play and learn guitar until now.

“So my Ji Eun has fall in love with one of them,” So In clarified.

IU shook her head, “No, I’m just a fan,” IU replied. “Anyway, you can help me right?” IU asked desperately.

“Of course, my dear daughter,” So In replied teasingly.

“Don’t sound too cheesy with me,” IU pouted but then giggled.

“So, what kind of songs that you want to sing?” So In asked with a serious tone.

“Maybe a sad and emotional song,” IU thoughts while holding her chin.

“Sad and emotional?” So In wondered. As far as he knew IU didn’t like songs that portrayed sadness.

IU nodded her head. So In looked at her daughter suspiciously. “May I know the reason?”

“Well, there this guy sings a really nice but sad song. I still could feel his emotion through the song so I thought that maybe I could show my feeling through the sad song too,” IU replied his father.

So In smiled and rubbed her daughter hair. “It’s good that you want to portray your feeling but it doesn’t mean you have to sing a sad song. Plus, what more important is the audiences enjoy your singing,”  

“Audiences?” IU never thought about that. She looked at his father with a puzzling expression, hoping for more explanation.

“Yes, they are the people who will judge your performance. If you succeed in entertaining them then your performance is a success,” So In continued explaining.

IU nodded her head, finally understand. “But I still don’t know what song that I need to sing,” IU pouted, asking for his father help.

So In chuckled looking at his immature daughter. “I’ll help you pick the song tonight. Tomorrow, I’ll give you the CD and the music sheet. But remember, you can’t practice them at home,” So In warned.

“I know. If Omma know, we both are in trouble,” IU smiled. “I need to take a bath and make dinner or Omma will start nagging,” IU told his father as she walked out of the room.

So In smiled. Her favourite cute innocent and immature daughter had fallen in love. He could feel it but she didn’t notice it. So In sighed. Love was not always beautiful and sweet. It was also about pain and bitter which make So In wondered. Could Ji Eun stand the pain and bitter of love?

______________________________________________________________________

Tada~! Another chapter which focus on IU. Hope you don't mind. :)