First day on Campus

Love me, please...

It was early September, where the leaves started to change their colour. On the pathway, a girl with black, long silky hair was walking. She was wearing a white leather backpack on her back, walking towards a gate of Chungang University. Today was her first day in campus.

“Ji Eun, we’re here,” Suzy, her bestfriend from high school called her. She was standing with some other girls which were also most probably new students.

Ji Eun smiled and walked towards them.

“Anyeong,” Ji Eun bowed and greeted the others. All of them were strangers to her except Suzy.  

The other girls bowed and greeted her back. Then, they started to walk to their first class. All the girls were also in the same class as Ji Eun and Suzy. Suzy was a cheerful and friendly girl, she always succeeded in making people gathered around her. That was her specialty.

Since it was the first class, the lecturer didn’t do any lecture. He started the class with filling up the attendance and introduction of himself. Then, he listened to the students’ introduction. Before they knew it, the class had ended.

“We have one and a-half hour break before the next class,” Suzy said while looking at the white A4 paper that written their classes schedule. She was checking the time needed for her plan.

“Quite a long time for a break,” Ji Eun replied. After the class, the other girls decided to stay in the class and getting to know other members of the class. However, Suzy had other plan and Ji Eun was forced to follow her.

“It’s not a normal break. Let’s go,” Suzy said and suddenly pulled Ji Eun hand.

Ji Eun smiled. She didn’t know what the real plan was but she knew that Suzy won’t come out with a boring one.

They both ended up in a big hall where there were so many people. Most of them were girls. Some of them were holding board written ‘B2ST’, ‘Doojoon’, ‘Kikwang’ and some other strangers’ name.

“It didn’t start yet but the place is already full,” Suzy complained. She was still holding Ji Eun hand, pulling her to a place that they can get a clear sight of the stage. Suzy stopped when she was sure that they could see the stage clearly.

At the same time, the music started and the crowds started cheering, holding up the board that they brought. One by one, six pretty boys came on the stage. Ji Eun was surprised to see the crowd were so excited. When the performance started, Ji Eun could feel that she was totally absorbed in their music and dance. It was superb and... She couldn’t think of any other words that suited the performance. The move was so cool and the music was very catchy. She couldn’t see their face clearly and it saddened her. However, their movement and voices had succeeded in making her excited.

No wonder they got this much attention from the crowds. She thought.

**********

“Who are they?” Ji Eun asked when they successfully went out of the crowded hall.

“They are B2ST, this university boy group. They are quite popular,” Suzy answered. She got lots of information from her chats with the class members before.

“I could see that,” Ji Eun replied, remembering the packed hall and people reaction to their appearance on the stage.

“They always perform in the university events. Aren’t they cute? One of them is my ideal type,” Suzy explained excitedly.

Ji Eun smiled. I know. She thought. Being Suzy’s friend since high school, she knew the characteristic of Suzy ideal type.

**********

It was the last class for that day. A note was passed to them to stay in the class after class ended. Right after the lecturer walked out of the classroom, a guy walked to the front.

“This weekend, we have to go to the freshmen camp,” The guy started the discussion.

The class started to make noise, discussing on the matters.

“Please gather at the assembly ground at nine o’clock in the morning this Friday. We will come back on Sunday morning,” The guy explained.

More noise was made.

“We all are divided in several groups, you all can see your groups and you facilitators on the information board outside the class,” The guy continued despite the noise.

“Any question?” The guy asked. When nobody reacted to his question, he sighed.

“That’s all. Thank you,” the guy said and walked to his seat and started packing his things.

Other class members started doing the same thing and gathered at the information board outside the class.

Ji Eun and Suzy slipped through the crowd to the frontline and read the table on the information chart.

“Ji Eun, we’re in the same group. Yay!” Suzy declared, excitedly clapping her hands.

Ji Eun replied her with a smile and continued reading the board, looking for the name of the facilitator. She found it.

‘Yang Yoseob and Gina Choi’