THE NEXT QUARTER

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been three months since Mino left the hospital.

 

He is now staying at his home with Joohyun and her father. She just got back to her work at SMI a month ago, and they agreed to get a personal nurse for Jungnam. Mino was still attending therapy for his leg, but he’s completely healed already.

 

Suzy’s involvement in Jaejoong’s case during her probation earned her some time in prison, but only for six months. Her testimony was enough to bring down the drug trade in Seoul under Park Yoochun and his businesses. Jaejoong, without a doubt, was sentenced to lifetime imprisonment. He admitted to all charges thrown at him.

 

The Dungeon has been untouched since the accident, and Jiyong, along with Dara, the twins and Jennie have been staying at the penthouse of The Golden Dragon.

 

ICC has already made their first million when Seunghoon introduced One Beer and J’adore Wine in the market. By the next quarter, they are launching The Black Label, an exclusive line of premium beer and wine under ONE Brewery. At the moment, they are now planning to open a bar called MOBB. Mino, Jaewon, Hanbin and Bobby invested on it, and construction is about to start in Hongdae.

 

Jennie just got back from her vacation in Australia with Hanbin. She came back with Rose and Lisa, as they decided to work for YGE. Jisoo and Bobby are still going strong, and will be graduating by the end of the next semester.

 

Since moving in together, Mino and Joohyun has been inseparable. Despite his leave of absence from YGE, Mino managed to work from home especially for Project Aurora. His relatives from Nonsan would visit him once a month and that led him to offer a business deal with his Uncle Il-gook. He wanted his side dishes to be manufactured and sold in stores. Under ICC, his uncle is now processing the business permits for his business.

 

--------

 

Jiyong invited Jennie and Mino to the Dungeon.

 

He took a deep breath looking at the remains of the place they once called home. He didn’t know why he spent the last three months letting it sit there in the rubble. But during his visit at Dolce Vita last week, he and his mother had a talk on what to do.


 

“What’s with the invitation, hyung?”

 

Jiyong turned to see Mino and Jennie walking towards the gazebo, where he was waiting for them.

 

“How is your leg?” He immediately asked Mino.

 

“Healing. I actually got to drive here safely.” His brother answered him while flexing his leg.

 

Jennie remained quiet as she stared at the Dungeon. “I can’t believe it will come down to this.”

 

Jiyong stood beside her and Mino took the other side. They were staring at the Dungeon as if recollecting their memories inside it.

 

“Can you believe we’re out of the Dungeon now?” Mino asked in an amused tone.

 

Jennie laughed and turned to them. “It’s actually not that bad staying there. You two made it all worthwhile.”

 

Jiyong went to hug Jennie. “And you made it a lot bearable.”

 

“How about me?” Mino asked.

 

“You made staying here extra dramatic.” Jennie rolled her eyes playfully at him.

 

Mino pouted and looked at his brother. “I was fun too, right?”

 

Jiyong gave him a gummy smile that matched Jennie’s and Mino started acting up.

 

“That’s right. Gang up on the mid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter