SISTER ACT

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino sat in front of Joohyun over breakfast. She clearly did not get any sleep as her eyes are puffy. She took the day off from work, and Mino knows that her absence can even take longer than just a day.

Joohyun slept in her room with Suzy, while he stayed outside, with no blink of sleep. The thought and possibility of Joohyun going to LA haunts him.

 

“Do you want me to cook something else?” He asked her as she continued poking her food nonchalantly.

“What? No, this is ok, bub. I’m just-I have no idea what I’m going to do now.” She finally looked up to him. But to his dismay, the sadness in her eyes makes him feel worse than not meeting her gaze.

“How do you know if she’s saying the truth, Joohyun? I mean, she’s been torturing you for the past few months. What if she’s planning something else?”

“Good morning to you too, Charming.” Suzy suddenly appeared behind him.

“You do know we have the right to question you, Suzy.” Joohyun answered for Mino.

Suzy sat beside Joohyun and snatched the fork in her hand to eat the pancake on her plate.

“I’m not taking it against Charming, unnie. But if you want any proof, we can call dad later.” She checked the time in her phone.

“We can call him now, before his bedtime. I have the number of his personal nurse.”

Joohyun looked at Mino and he can only nod in agreement. After breakfast, Mino cornered his girlfriend inside her room while Suzy was in the shower.

 

“Joohyun, I’m going with you.” He has been thinking about this since last night.

“Are you sure? I don’t even know how long I needed to stay, Mino. I don’t know what to do. Granted that I got to take him home, I still need to take care of him. It’s not like I can just let him live on his own, right?” Her voice was shaking, and Mino suddenly realizes the weight of the problem. Joohyun may not be able to come back.

“I’ll talk to Dara noona. Maybe she can help us to bring your father here. We’ll make it work, bae. We’ll make us work.” He pulled her close to him and wrapped his arms around her.

 

--------

 

“Jennie, are you at the Dungeon? I can’t reach Dara noona on her phone-”

“Where exactly are you now, oppa?” Jennie asked him.

“At Joohyun’s. Look, I really need to talk to noona. It’s something important.” Mino doesn’t get why Jennie isn’t answering his question about Dara’s whereabouts.

“I’m on my way there. Oh, and you better check the news, so you’d understand.” She ended the call and he almost cursed at her. What the hell is happening now?

Suzy is busy switching channels on the TV, and Mino didn’t want to talk to her. He then decided to just open his phone and check the internet.

The amount of messages on his phone made him feel nervous. Chaerin, Seunghoon, Jinwoo, Jennie, Seungyoon, Junhoe and his brother, along with other people at work have all sent him messages.

But it was Seunghoon’s message that he opened first.

MINO, DON’T LEAVE YOUR PLACE. WE’LL TAKE CARE OF THE BISTRO FOR NOW. PEOPLE ARE CAMPING OUTSIDE, WAITING FOR YOU.

 

What? Why? Is this about Suzy last night?

He opened another message from Junhoe.

Master Song, please let me know if you need anything. I’ll be waiting for your call and instructions.

 

Then Chaerin’s,

Song Mino, please call me as soon as you received this message. We need to sort out this issue about Suzy and Atty. Lee.

 

So this is about Suzy? He looked at her and silently hated how she’s so relaxed in front of the TV, eating ice cream while he and Joohyun is facing hell.

He finally checked Jennie’s message.

 

They’ve arrested Uncle Jaesang! I already called Dara unnie. They just got to Busan when the police came. She said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter