CALL FOR HELP

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mr. Jang?” Mino called the man just as his assistant asked him.

“Mr. Song, the KK Food Group has accepted our invitation to meet with them. They told us to set the meeting next week, Tuesday, and that..well, they asked us to be creative. I don’t know what that means.”

Mino dropped the call and pondered for a while. He was outside the balcony of the hotel lobby, and the vast ocean view is right in front of him.

 

The KK Food Group has been one of the most elusive companies that they have been trying to get. It almost frustrated Seunghyun, and now it is in his hands to make this happen.

The KK Food Group owns different restaurants that are catered from the lower to middle class, the only market YG has failed to penetrate with their restaurant businesses. Not that it really matters, because their other business ventures are doing so well. But this is an itch they wanted to scratch. That gap in the market scheme is completely bugging them.

It doesn’t help either that the owners are just as laid back as their restaurants too. Co-owners Kang Hodong and Lee Soogeun has met with Seunghyun and his team for several times now, but they always dismiss their attempts easily.

He has heard about the impress me, be creative mantra from the owners when they agree to meet, and Mino needs to pull some strings perfectly.

 

********

 

He got a call from his brother, telling him that they are on their way back to the Parks. Jiho also left a message reminding him of the dinner party tomorrow night.

Mino went back to their suite and saw Joohyun taking a nap. Well, she was a little buzzed earlier, and the babies must have tired her too. He decided to refresh his senses before getting to work on that meeting with KKFG, by taking a quick shower.

He mindlessly mumbled as he washed himself, without realizing that his hand stung painfully from the cut he got from the elevator earlier.

After drying himself with a towel, he checked the cabinets for a bandage strip and saw something bundled up in tissue paper. It was tucked in a corner of the cabinet and curiosity got him.

It was as if someone punched his chest upon seeing what was in it. He’s seen it before and he knows what it means.

He quickly dressed up and saw Joohyun stirring awake from her nap.

 

“Bub, you’re back. Come cuddle with me.” She has her arms stretched out and he just moved next to her. His heart was beating fast. He can’t just let any moment pass without mentioning it.

“Bae, is there something you want to tell me?” He asked her as Joohyun buried her face in his neck, engulfing his scent.

She looked up and grinned. “Uhm, I have something to tell you.”

“Ok, I can handle it.” He told himself.

She sat up and held his hand. “I love you.”

Her eyes almost disappeared as she leaned close to him for a kiss. Mino was left confused.

“Is that it?”

She pulled away from him with a frown on her face. “That’s not what you’re supposed to say.”

Mino ruffled his hair and thought about it. “Joohyun, I saw something back there.” He pointed to the direction of the bathroom.

But she just stared blankly at him. “Is there a spider or something---oh my god.”

It finally dawned on her. She suddenly couldn’t look him in the eye.

“What was that, bae? Are we, are you--” He was mumbling and Joohyun had to say it before it gets worse.

She cupped his face and levelled their gaze. “I am not pregnant, Mino.”

“But, it has two lines.” He reasoned out.

“It’s not mine. I’m sorry we panicked earlier because your brother suddenly came to the room.” She smiled as she tried to calm him down.

“Is it Dara noona?” His eyes almost dropped as he thought of this.

“No, no, bub. It’s Sungkyung.” Joohyun said with her voice laced in excitement.

Mino felt relieved, and Joohyun noticed it.

“Mino, your reaction earlier. You sounded worried when you were asking me at first.”

He admits that he panicked about it. “I mean, I love you and I want to marry you and have kids with you, but I wasn’t planning for it to happen soon.”

Joohyun froze. Did he just-

“You want to marry me and have kids with me?” It was melting her heart and she can feel tears welling up in her eyes.

“Of course. I know it’s too early to think about it now, but I can’t help it. All I see in my future is you. We will make us work, remember?” He held both her hands and her tears just started falling.

“Why am I crying?” She asked Mino as he pulled her in an embrace, patting her back.

“I’ll take that as tears of joy.” He .

Well, she really is the happiest woman in the world right now.

 

********

 

Mino was busy fixing his tie when Joohyun slipped behind him to help.

His eyes fell on the black long-sleeved gown she’s wearing. The cut around her waist revealed her milky white skin, making him smile in an instant.

Joohyun doesn’t really reveal too much skin, and although this isn’t really too much, it still makes him feel things. She looked up just in time to see him smiling at her.

“Please don’t make me blush.” She grinned while pinching his cheeks.

“I told you I love tomatoes.” His finger poked the exposed flesh around her belly.

“No!” She stepped back away from him. Mino bit his lip, and she returned it with full blush on her cheeks.

“There’s my tomato bae!” Mino exclaimed.

After a couple more rounds of teasing and playing around, the two have decided to leave for the party in such a good mood.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter