A MAN'S DOWNFALL

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was eight years ago when Mino met Nam Taehyun. A crazy talented kid he met inside the university library.

He was a drop off student, who manages to sneak in and out of the campus all the time. Mino grew fond of him, as he always helps him when he needs access to any place inside the campus. The kid has managed to gain access to the security codes within the university. While some finds him problematic, Mino sees a lot of potential in him, and he wanted to help.

Taehyun lived with Seunghoon, and was financially supported by Jinwoo and Mino. Seungyoon was a little apprehensive about his character at first, but eventually let him be a part of their group after helping him to score a date with his now girlfriend, Krystal.

They let him finish a basic course to get a decent job. Mino’s biggest mistake is giving him a job at YGE.

Mino and Taehyun were close, almost like brothers. He trusted the crazy kid, and he betrayed him.

 

After having a fight, Taehyun did the unthinkable - hacking the employee database of YGE and releasing most of it in public.

Jiyong was caught in a trap, as Taehyun’s statement included Mino as an accomplice. They kept the identity of the hacker, and let Taehyun go.

They used the leaked info to their advantage and escalated Kwon Jiyong’s status to the top of the ladder. Afterall, his riches have been revealed and it was too much for a man at his age.

It was just around their father’s death, and that was the time of YHS reign as CEO.

 

YHS agreed to not pursue the case, in exchange of the secrecy of his assets.

It was a hard time for Mino. A lot of the employees who were exposed hated him, and requested for him to not take any position in the company in the future.

That was the time when Mino considered other career paths, with the guidance of Seunghyun.

 

As for NamTae, he was gone with the wind. Incommunicado.

But not really.

 

********

 

“Seungyoon!”

The young doctor was trapped by Mino and Jiyong.

“I'm not really sure about it, Mino.”

Seunghoon revealed that Seungyoon mentioned seeing Taehyun at a pub in Incheon. They had a few drinks and Taehyun mentioned his address to him.

 

“Where is he?” Mino asked again.

“This is not a good idea, sajangnim.” Seungyoon looks at Jiyong.

“I wouldn’t be here if we had any other options, Yoon.” He stared at him intently.

“Fine.” The doctor wrote down the address as if it’s a prescription medicine and handed it to the brothers.

“Just don’t let Jennie know about this.”

 

********

 

Jiyong, Mino, Youngbae and Seunghoon entered an apartment complex based on Yoon’s tip. They reached the fifth floor and saw room 505 is unlocked.

Mino looked surprised. Did Seungyoon tell Taehyun that they’re after him?

He entered the apartment first along with Seunghoon.

No one is inside.

 

“He’s here.” Seunghoon breathed next to Mino.

“How did you know?”

Seunghoon pointed at the dishes. “He never leaves the house with a dirty sink.”

 

Right, these two used to live together. Something moved from the next room, and were surprised to see Taehyun walk out with a towel draped on his head.  

“Hello hyung, what brings you here?”

Mino felt a bit of anger rising inside him.

“Hi Taehyunie!” Seunghoon greeted him.

The crazy kid looked at the door. “I meant Jiyong hyung.”

The door opened and the two men entered.

“The whole place is bugged, so be careful with what you’ll say or do.” Taehyun said looking at Mino.

“We need your help.” Jiyong stepped closer to him.

“Seriously?” He grinned as if he was enjoying this moment.

“I want you to hack into our system again.”

 

Nobody said anything until the crazy kid broke the silence himself.

“You’re not going to fool me, Mr. Kwon.”

“We’re serious, Taehyun.” Mino spoke up.

“Does Jennie know about this?” A sly grin crept up his face.

“Watch it, Nam.” Seunghoon heaved a deep sigh, weighing his actions.

“Aren’t you even going to let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter