Now or Never

Blind Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month had gone by incredibly slow for Jin. Every passing second without Minji in his life was dreadful, but he still had to go on with life. He had gone back to work the day after being discharged and drowned himself with work. But even with piles of work being thrown on him, he couldn't stop missing Minji or thinking about her. He would go home and fall asleep every night crying to himself.

There was no letters, no visits, nothing.

In all the times that they've spent together when Jin was sightless, he never bothered to ask her for her phone number. He figured she would always be around him and keep her promise to him.

'Not just a nurse or a friend Jin, but I want to be your eyes too. So if you let me and don't let go of these hands, I'll never let go either. I promise.'

Jin lies awake on his bed with glistening eyes, staring blankly up at nothing in particular.

Every night was the same old routine after a hectic day at work. He would come home late and then shower. Next, with nothing to eat, he would lay on his bed and stare at his ceiling as the time slowly passes.

'...but I want to be your eyes too.'

He would remember her promise and close both his eyes while reaching his right hand up toward the ceiling, hoping that Minji would magically appear and take his long-forgotten hand. Maybe she'll walk through the door and snuggle with him in bed like how they used to. Maybe, just maybe with his eyes closed he would feel her presence near him.

But he felt nothing. Nothing but emptiness and loneliness. Yes, every night was the same.

'...if you let me and don't let go of these hands, I'll never let go either. I promise.'

Minji had really left him alone. She broke her promise. She had let go when he was still desperately waiting for her to take his extended hand.

And like any other night, with that thought being the last to enter and linger in his mind, he would break into a painful cry. He grabs his unused pillow and muffled his wailing into the pillow before eventually falling asleep for the night.

**********

"What are you doing here again Taehyung!?"

"I told you, I want to take you out to dinner," Taehyung answered Haeun with a flirty grin.

She turns to look at him with her usual death glare while her hands landed on her hip.

"Go away Taehyung. I will never go out to dinner with you. I made myself clear to you already."

"Never say never."

She scoffed and blew out a huff of breath before turning around and walking away to her car. Haeun unlocks the car and Taehyung quickly run after her. He opens the passenger door and got into the car.

"What do you think you are doing?! Get out of my car!"

"Nope, not unless you go out to dinner with me first."

"Kim Taehyung!!! Leave my car! Now!"

The past month was full of nothing but Taehyung's constant appearance out of nowhere. He was persistent, never bothering to leave her alone after all the times she has rejected him.

He didn't think it would take this long to get Haeun to agree to dinner, but boy was he wrong. He never initiated his plan to get Jisoo and Jin back together yet because this girl wouldn't budge.

And Haeun was done with him pestering her. Actually, it was more like she loved it when he bugged her constantly.

Haeun had hesitated too many times over the month. She had wanted to just give in to Taehyung or just confess that she likes him, but she was afraid. Afraid that when she confessed, not only was her heart going to be broken, it will make Taehyung leave her side and not want to see her anymore. She would rather see him and have him around to bug her than never seeing him at all.

Sure, he was a flirt and every time he complimented her or calls her beautiful, her heart would flip and do summersaults, but she was never sure if he was serious or just messing around. So to keep her heart safe and keep Taehyung around just a little longer, she kept her feelings buried deep in her heart.

"Look, if I agree to one dinner with you, will you please leave me alone and stop bothering me?" Haeun asks as she rubs her temples for the illusion that she was frustrated with him.

"I'm not too sure about the second part of your request. You're too fun to pick on and I like making you mad..." Taehyung answered while grinning his wide boxy smile at Haeun.

"Why can't you just leave me alone? What did I do to deserve this?!"

"Your fault for being too darn cute and irresistible," Taehyung replied while winking at Haeun who stared at Taehyung with wide eyes, trying not to let him know how fast that comment made her heart race.

"Ha, funny Taehyung. Why have you been bugging me so much for dinner anyway?"

"To make up for what Jin Hyung and I did to you last time. I wanted to apologize..."

Haeun let out a long sigh before replying.

"Okay, fine. One dinner, that's it!"

"Aaaaaaaaand......... I also need your help with a tiny favor, but I'll let you know more about it at dinner," Taehyung rushed the last part of his sentence that Haeun almost didn't catch.

"Wait, what?! Seriously Taehyung?"

"Yes, seriously. I need a favor from you and only you can help me because you are a real nurse."

Haeun groans and hits her head on her steering wheel, pretending to be frustrated when she, in fact, was curious. She couldn't help but feel her heart jump and pace in anticipation about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter