I Don't Smoke

Blind Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo's POV

Before I knew it, a month had already passed and within that month, I had to cover for Sunni at least 7 times already. She would leave work quite often and come back an hour or two later. Sometimes she wouldn't even be back claiming that she wasn't feeling well.

I was thankful there wasn't much work for me to do when she leaves. It was just the usual grabbing coffee, ordering lunch, and organizing files. I'd always wonder where she goes when she leaves, but she never tells. The thing that started worrying me was Jin. When she leaves, I would have to come up with excuses for her and I felt like horrible lying to Jin. She doesn't tell me where she is going, but I figured she would at least tell Jin. I'm running out of excuses to tell him. He would excitedly come to her office only to find me and I would see his smile fading as he questions where Sunni went.

Though I dislike how she often neglecting her job, I liked how she was flexible with my schedule. I had let Sunni know that I work night shifts at the bar and that it was tough for me to wake up at 7 AM to make it into work at 8 AM. She allowed me to go in anytime after 8 AM, as long as I work my full 8 hours. I also get the weekend off where I can rest and just concentrate on my other job. It's not every day where you find a job that is willing to work on your time. So, I made the ultimate decision to stay and work for Sunni.

It was Friday evening and I had just finished running an errand for Sunni. Before leaving for the day, she had given me another advance payment. It got me curious why she keeps on paying me ahead. I was on my way out of the building and didn't look where I was going. My eyes were on the white envelope full of cash that I just received from Sunni. I ran head first into a hard chest. I quickly apologized before looking up and realizing that it was Jin.

"Hi, Jisoo.  How are you?"

He flashed his killer smile at me and I found it hard to breathe. Now that I think about it, I've noticed for a while now that whenever Jin is around, my heart seems to increase more than usual and I can't breathe normally. I really disliked the fact that he made me feel like this, especially when I know he's dating Sunni.

"H-hi Jin. I-I'm good." I awkwardly stuttered to Jin. He let out a cute laugh that sounded a lot like windshield wipers squeaking across the window.

"I can see why Sunni calls you cute."

I blushed feverishly and thanked Jin before rushing out the building. He called out to me to have a good night and continued towards the elevator with a white plastic bag full of takeout. He must have ordered dinner for Sunni and I suddenly felt dejected. 

This is bad. This is really bad. I seem to have caught feelings for Kim Seokjin. Even though I see the two together all the time, I couldn't control the fastening of my heart everytime he walks by or says hello. His eyes were always looking for Sunni and I honestly couldn't help but feel a bit jealous of Sunni. She got his attention and love. Never before in high school had I wanted to be Sunni like all those other girls, but for once in my life, I actually wished I could be her.

The thing about Sunni is that she seemed to have totally changed too from when we were back in high school. She was a lot more human now. She never bullied me, but I've seen what she's done to other girls, and trust me it wasn't a nice sight to see. Plus being the pretty queen bee of high school mean that she got with every guy that she could. Yeah, she slept with all the guys in high school. Well, maybe not all because I know Yoongi Oppa sure didn't get to sleep with her. But it all seems different now. She has grown up into a well mannered and respectful lady and that only made me feel like crap for liking her boyfriend.

I got home and showered before leaving to go to my night job. I didn't eat anything because I lost appetite after running into Jin. My mind wasn't focused and I got many drinks wrong for the night. My boss let me off early because he thought that I wasn't feeling well. I took up his offer, but I didn't go home.

I stayed and had a few drinks before I decided to leave for the night. I got up to leave, but a familiar female figure caught my eye. She seemed drunk and was stumbling in her stiletto heels towards a booth in the ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter