School

Blind Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Jin went through his checkup routine with Doctor Lee, Haeun was left alone with him. She had to finish up the check up with monitoring his blood pressure. Seeing how he lashed out at her earlier, she wanted to be sure Jin was relaxed before taking his blood pressure. She asks Jin to relax his arm by leaning back in bed and closing his eyes.

Once his eyes were closed, Haeun wraps the velcro cuff around Jin's left arm. She pumps on the ball and let the cuff inflates before grabbing the stethoscope that was around her neck. She places it right underneath the edge of the cuff as she listens to the knocks beating in his forearm.

After the cuff deflated and she got her numbers, she stops moving and her eyes lingered a little longer on his face. She finally got a good look at Jin with his eyes closed and him being relaxed and just breathing away.

He was just as beautiful as his little brother. She was startled when he suddenly opened his eyes and locked them with hers. Her eyes widen before she adverts them, taking the cuff off his arm. She bows quick and tries to leave the room but her wrist was caught by Jin.

"Miss Haeun, please wait for a second."

She turns back around to face Jin, nervous.

"Y-yes, Mr. Kim?" She replies softly.

Jin let's go of her wrist and apologizes for his behavior earlier in the morning.

"I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I was just really flustered and confused when you suddenly told me that my girlfriend doesn't work here."

Remembering Taehyung's favor Haeun suddenly grew even more anxious and nervous because she had to lie to a patient. It hadn't been long since she started working at the hospital and if anyone were to find out about her giving false information to a patient, she would surely lose her job.

She bit her lips as she wonders what would be the best option for her. Be righteous and lose the handsome man who she just received his number twenty minutes ago or tell a white lie to fulfill her desire to gain the younger brother's attention for a little while longer.

As much as she wanted to keep Taehyung around, she decided against it and tells Jin the truth.

"I wanted to be selfish Mr. Kim, but I don't think I can afford to lose my job..." Haeun started but couldn't finish her sentence. She looks at Jin who was staring with his eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you talking about? Being selfish about what?" Jin asks the nurse. He was quite confused and couldn't understand what this nurse was trying to say.

"I said it this morning and I will say it again. Your girlfriend does not work in this hospital. There is no nurse named Minji here in this hospital."

Why was this nurse lying to him? Taehyung confirmed with Jin just before he left that Minji was really here.

Who was he going to believe now?

Taehyung wouldn't lie to Jin about Minji. There was no way. But he couldn't find any reasons why this nurse, who doesn't even know him, would lie to him either.

His mind suddenly filled with countless thoughts back to Minji and their time together, but he couldn't see her face. All that his memories would exist of is pure blackness. No matter how much he tries to picture a face when his hands would roam Minji's smooth face he couldn't envision her.

Jin stares intensely at Haeun. His eyes glistening as he slowly got up from the bed and stood tall in front of Haeun.

"I'm sorry Miss Haeun-ssi, but I need to check something," and he wraps his arms around the girl and pulled her into his arms.

Jin closed his eyes as he let her warmth and scent lingered around him before noticing that this girl in his arm's felt off. Her touch and scent were completely different from Minji's. No matter how tightly shut his eyes were or how hard he almost squeezed her to death, this girl was not his Minji.

He opened his eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter