Chapter 6

Don't Deserve You

 

Jisoo arrived at the restaurant and parked her car. Walking inside she called Chaeyoung.

A waiter approached her but she waved him off.

Jisoo: I'm here with a friend. Thank you.

After a few more rings the latter picked up. 

Jisoo: Chaeyoung-ah, where are you?

Chaeyoung: Oh we're upstairs Unnie.

Jisoo walked up towards the second floor, but still didn't see the younger girl.

Jisoo: I still can't see you.

Chaeyoung: Look to your right.

Jisoo turned towards the said direction and saw Chaeyoung waving her arm. Jisoo smiled and approached their table.

Chaeyoung's girlfriend was a brunette with bangs. She seems to be about 5'6 and has a cute face.

Jisoo put her hands together and bowed to the younger girl.

Jisoo: Sawadikap.

Lisa laughed and returned the gesture.

Lisa: Haha, sawadikap. Your accent was spot on Jisoo-shi.

Jisoo smiled proudly. Lisa seems to be a nice person and she felt like she'll grow to like the younger girl a lot.

Jisoo: Thank you! I practiced a lot haha. Didn't want to leave a bad impression on my best-friend's girlfriend. 

Lisa: Ahh, you didn't have to do that Jisoo-shi.

Jisoo: Please drop the honorifics and just call me Jisoo. 

Lisa: In that case, you can treat me as you treat Chaeyoung.

Jisoo: Alright Lisa.

Chaeyoung stood by proudly and stared at both her girlfriend and best-friend, happy that they seem to be getting along.

Chaeyoung: Hey, if you guys keep talking then we're gonna end up standing here all day.

Jisoo cooed.

Jisoo: Aigoo, Lalisa would you look at that. Your girlfriend is whining again.

Lisa: You're right unnie. She's too cute.

The 2 girls started laughing as they saw Chaeyoung get upset. Lisa approached her pouting girlfriend and led her to her seat.

Lisa: Stop being a baby already you chipmunk. 

Jisoo sat down in a seat herself and watched the loving exchanges between the 2 younger girls. She couldn't help but feel happy for Chaeyoung. 

For her to say that she didn't know of the younger girl's feelings for her would be a complete lie. Jisoo had long knew about Chaeyoung's unrequited feelings towards her, but she didn't want to tell the latter fearing that it would only hurt her.

Instead she waited for the younger to slowly lose those feelings. Watching Chaeyoung being happy and in love with someone else eased the guilt in her heart.

Chaeyoung: Unnie what do you wanna eat?

Jisoo looked over the menu before deciding on the ribeye. Looking back at Lisa and Chaeyoung, she asked.

Jisoo: So tell me, how'd you guys meet?

At that question, Lisa burst out laughing while Chaeyoung's face grew a deep shade of red. Jisoo had an amused expression on her face, wondering why their reactions were like that.

Lisa recomposed herself before answering.

Lisa: Ok so as you know, Chaeyoung had went to New Zealand for you on a business trip.

Jisoo nodded.

Lisa: While she was there, there was this one day where we were both inside a coffee shop. We were both standing in line, waiting to order with Chae standing in front of me.

Jisoo lifted her eyebrow, curious as to where this story would go.

Lisa: What this chipmunk didn't know was that she had sat on this one kid's sticky note. So the kid went up behind her and took it off her . Chaeng got so startled that she turned around and saw me laughing, because you know who wouldn't laugh at that.

Jisoo smiled and could already guess what was about to happen next. 

Lisa: And all of a sudden, she slapped my face and shouted "ert" before sprinting out of the coffee shop. I didn't even have time to explain myself. Tsk tsk.

Jisoo glanced at Chaeyoung and saw that the latter was covering her face out of embarrassment.

Jisoo: So what happened after that?

Lisa: Ok ok. So after that I would bump into her a few times at the hotel she was staying at because I had a project I was working on there. And every time we met, she always gave me the most dirtiest glare.

Chaeyoung: Yah, you can't blame me for acting like that.

Jisoo bursted out laughing.

Jisoo: Pasta, you should've at least let Lisa explain before accusing her of something like that.

Chaeyoung's face grew red once again.

Chaeyoung: Unnie you can't exactly blame me. You know how I feel about those kinds of things happening.

Lisa and Jisoo both laughed at how cute the girl was while trying to defend her actions. After calming down, Jisoo turned to face Lisa.

Jisoo: So how did you make her believe that it wasn't you who touched her .

Lisa: Well you see I don't like it when people accuse me of doing something I didn't do. So I went back to the shop and asked for security footage. The next time I saw Chaeyoung, I handed her the video tape. A few days later, we bumped into each other again and she apologized abundantly for wrongly accusing me.

Chaeyoung shook her head, remembering how foolish she had been.

Lisa: As a way of apologizing to me, she invited me to go out for dinner. And in that dinner we noticed that we had a lot of things in common. And that was that. She asked me to be her girlfriend 5 months later, and here we are.

Jisoo laughed.

Jisoo: That was some love story.

Lisa: Tell me about it.

The waiter brought out the food and  Chaeyoung immediately said her prayers and dug in. Jisoo and Lisa eyed each other knowingly, with smiles painted on their faces and started eating as well.

 

•••

 

The next day, both Jisoo and Jennie were required to head towards the construction site once again in order to supervise the workers and building arrangements.

Jisoo had arrived first, and then sent Mr. Park to pick up Jennie who was waiting at her company. Jisoo decided to grab a latte in a coffee shop to wait for the younger girl.

About 30 minutes later, she spotted the white BMW pull into the parking lot.

Jisoo smiled and approached Jennie as she stepped out the door.

Jisoo: Good morning Miss Kim. 

Jennie: As to you as well.

Jisoo gestured towards the direction of the cafe.

Jisoo: I just grabbed a drink while waiting for. Would you like to get something before we go?

Jennie pondered a bit before shaking her head.

Jennie: Thank you for the offer, but I think I'll be fine.

Jisoo: Then let's get going.

The headed towards the site, and took a walk around.

Jisoo: Everything seems great.

Jennie nodded.

Jennie: It's actually getting along better than I had expected.

Jisoo smiled.

Jisoo: Well I'm glad.

Jennie turned to Jisoo's direction.

Jennie: I'd like to thank you Miss Kim. For giving Kim Corporations a chance, for helping me, and for this piece of land. I know that it means a lot to you, and I promise you won't regret working with us.

Jisoo: The pleasure is all mine Miss Kim. You have my full support and trust in this project. 

Jennie gave her a small smile.

Jennie: Thank you.

Jisoo nodded and looked at the younger girl. She knew that Jennie was only polite to her solely based on the fact that they were business partners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjG-1Jpj_SA (No One Is Better Than You ~ Cho Eun) Listen while you guys read, it sets the mood for the scene. Of course it's optional. >_<

At that moment Chaeyoung's words echoed in her mind. 

'You will tell her the truth, and she will forgive you.'

Jisoo looked at Jennie's face once more. She was now facing the building, watching the workers lift pieces of wood. 

Jisoo smiled at the sight, thinking how beautiful Jennie looked just by standing there.

She wanted to tell the her everything. But what was she expecting to happen?

Jennie has Hanbin, it wouldn't change anything. At the end of the day she would still lose. She still won't have Jennie's heart.

Jisoo made up her mind and decided to tell Jennie the truth. She knew that it was better than have the latter hate her for as long as she lived.

Shaking away her thoughts she called the CEO's name.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah.

Jennie turned to her, a startled expression on her face. But Jisoo could see the distaste and coldness in her gaze.

Jennie: Miss Kim. I've mentioned this before. I'd like to keep—

Jisoo: I know what you want Jennie. But you have to let me explain. What happened back then, it was—

Jennie: Don't! Don't you dare talk about the past! You have no right to bring up what happened. I've moved on, I don't care what you have to say, save your apologies Kim Jisoo. I won't accept it!

Jisoo's eyes brimmed with tears.

Jisoo: Do you really hate me that much?

Jennie scoffed.

Jennie: Hate you? Of course I hate you! What do expect Jisoo? I loved you with all my heart, and you tore it out and ripped it to pieces! 

The use of past tense didn't go unnoticed by Jisoo, and it sent a jab of pain through her heart. Jennie's tears were now pouring down. She lifted her hand and wiped them off her face, hating herself for letting them fall.

Jennie: Do you know what that felt like? To have your heart torn out, to have this excruciating pain in your chest everyday for years, knowing that it was caused by the person you loved most. Who you thought loved you as well. 

Jisoo: Jennie I'm so sorry. I would never do that to you. You have to understand.

Jisoo tried to approach Jennie, but the latter pulled back.

Jennie: There's nothing to understand. I saw it with my own god damn eyes!

Jisoo looked at her with a pained expression. 

Jisoo: I never wanted to hurt you.

Jennie: You didn't just hurt me Jisoo, you broke me... You know I was about to commit suicide because of you.

Jisoo stared at her, shock and disbelief etched across her face. Fresh tears once again brimmed her eyes.

Jisoo: You didn't Jennie. Tell me you didn't, not for me.

Jennie laughed bitterly.

Jennie: But I did. That was how much I loved you Jisoo! I was dumb and reckless and I tried to take my own life for you! 

Jisoo sobbed. Her heart was throbbing and was pounding against her chest.

Jisoo: Jennie please just let me- let me explain.

Jennie shook her head.

Jennie: There's no need. While I was in rehab, Hanbin had saved me from my own misery and self pity. He had changed my life for the better. He mended what you had broken.

Jennie wiped her face once more. Her expression now stoic and emotionless.

Jennie: After we complete this project I hope that we'll never have to see each other again Miss Kim. Once again I thank you for your generosity, but we'll never be anything else. We are just business partners. Goodbye Miss Kim, I'm afraid I have to leave now. I have an appointment with someone.

Jennie stormed away and quickly hopped into a taxi. Jisoo watched as the car faded away, the throbbing in her heart unable to subside. She clutched her chest in pain as the tears continued to pour down her face. 

The CEO decided to get up and headed towards the parking lot. She saw Mr. Park asleep in the car and walked past him.

Jisoo didn't know where she was going, she didn't even know where she wanted to go. All she knew was that she needed to walk, to clear her thoughts, to get rid of the pain.

As she walked, Jisoo heard the booming of the thunder. A few moments later, the rain poured down, hitting against the softness of her skin and blending in along with the tears streaming down her face.

Ignoring it, she continued to walk. She deserved this, for causing Jennie so much pain. This is her punishment, she doesn't deserve to be happy. All this time Jennie had been suffering becuase of her.

How could she hurt the one person that she loved most in her life? 

The pain of her throbbing heart came back and Jisoo held onto a wall for support, her other hand placed against her chest.

She collapsed against the wall before letting out a heartwrenching scream. And once again she burst into tears, and cried under the pouring rain.


 

Chapter 6 is up! I just want to give a short thank you to everyone who has given so much support for me and this story. I want you guys to know that I really appreciate it, so thank you so much! xoxo