Chapter 35

Don't Deserve You

 

Sorry guys, but the angst is back... hehehe ;)

--

Hanbin sat in his car with Bobby as they both waited outside the hotel. 

Any moment now, Jisoo and Soojoo were supposed to arrive at the hotel, both thinking that they were here because the other had texted them.

However it was all apart of Hanbin's plan. 

He had already planned for Bobby to hack into each girl's phone and had them send a message to each other that says, 'Meet me at Pearl Plaza Hotel, Room 404. It's important.'

Hanbin smirks to himself, feeling proud of his plan. Jennie will be his by tomorrow.

Bobby: Hanbin-ah, Hong Soojoo is here.

Hanbin glances out his window and gives Bobby a nod. The older male raises his camera and starts to take pictures of Soojoo entering the hotel.

Hanbin leans back in his seat and smiles to himself.

Hanbin: Now all we need is Kim Jisoo.

About 15 minutes later, Jisoo had arrived. Hanbin covers his face with a mask before getting out of the car with Bobby. 

The 2 quickly took some pictures of Jisoo entering the hotel before quickly following her inside. 

They followed Jisoo all the way up towards the room, and waited there until the door had opened. They took pictures of Soojoo greeting Jisoo at the door as well as ones where they both entered the room.

Hanbin turns towards Bobby's direction and gestures for him to start.

Bobby nodded and began to hack into the hotel's system. He disabled the phone in Jisoo's room, and overrides the lock system on her door, preventing any of the girls from unlocking it. He then proceeded to override Jisoo and Soojoo's phone, causing it to run out of battery.

Turning his head to look at Hanbin, he gives him an okay sign. The younger male smirks in satisfaction before turning around to leave. 

Hanbin: Now... we wait. 

 

•••

 

Jisoo knocked on the door of the hotel room and waited for Soojoo to open the door. She had been in her office when she had suddenly received a text from the latter, telling Jisoo to meet her at the hotel.

A few seconds later, the door opened and Soojoo invited Jisoo in. The CEO takes off her coat and took a seat on one of the sofas.

Jisoo: Hey Jooya. You wanted to talk to me about something?

Soojoo shoots Jisoo a confused look before pointing towards the latter. 

Soojoo: Aren't you the one who wanted to talk to me?

Jisoo: No. I received a text from you saying that you needed to see me.

Soojoo runs a hand through her hair as she tried to process everything in her head.

Soojoo: I got the same text. 

Jisoo massages her forehead, unsure of what was happening. 

Jisoo: So... you weren't the one who had sent me that text?

Soojoo shook her head, causing Jisoo to release a sigh. Standing up from her seat, Jisoo grabs her coat and headed towards the door. 

Jisoo: Must be a prank or something. Come on, I'll drive you home. 

Soojoo nodded before grabbing her own belongings. Jisoo inserts her key card into the door and pulled on the door handle. However, the door refuses to budge.

Taking the card out, she tries it a second time to no avail. Soojoo peaks over her shoulder to see what was happening.

Soojoo: What's wrong Jisoo?

Jisoo started to pull on the handle frustratedly.

Jisoo: The door isn't budging.

Soojoo furrows her eyebrows in confusion before moving in front of Jisoo.

Soojoo: Let me try.

Soojoo inserts her own key card into the door and attempted to pull it open, but yet the door remains shut. She glances worriedly at Jisoo before letting go of the door handle. 

Soojoo: Let's call the front desk and have them come open it for us.

Jisoo nodded before heading off towards the bedroom. She comes back a few moments later, shaking her head.

Jisoo: It's not working. 

Soojoo: Let me try my phone. We can call Junmyeon oppa or Chaeyoung to come help us.

Soojoo takes out her phone and tries to turn it on to find that it was out of battery. 

Soojoo: That's weird. I remember charging it this morning.

Jisoo takes out her own phone only to find that it was in the same state.

Throwing the phone against the wall, Jisoo lets out an annoyed grunt. 

Jisoo: What is happening?!

Soojoo slides down to the floor and glances up at the other girl.

Soojoo: Calm down Sooya. We'll figure something out. 

Jisoo ran a hand through her hair frustratedly.

Jisoo: How? We can't just keep waiting here until someone finds us.

Soojoo: Look, hotel custodians always do room clean ups every morning. We don't have a hanger outside our door, so they're likely to come in and clean up the room. By then, we can tell them that we're trapped in here. 

Jisoo nodded as she tries to calm down her nerves. Walking over towards Soojoo, she slides down against the wall and sits down beside her. She turns towards the other girl and releases a light chuckle.

Jisoo: How is it that you know more about how a hotel works more than I do, when I'm the CEO?

Soojoo shrugs her shoulders as she laughs softly at Jisoo's question. 

Soojoo: You never were able to think rationally whenever you get stressed. 

Jisoo shakes her head embarrassingly.

Jisoo: I never did, did I?

Soojoo: I remember how you literally forgot how to drive that one time because you were worried about being late to that meeting with the CEO from YG Corporations. 

Jisoo brings her hands up to cover her face as she shook her head.

Jisoo: Don't even remind me. I had received my first driving ticket because of it. 

Soojoo releases fit of laughter. 

Soojoo: That was pretty great. Who knew that the perfect Kim Jisoo would create such a blunder.

Jisoo breaks into a smile as she looks down at her hands. The 2 girls stayed quiet for awhile before Jisoo took a glance at her watch.

Jisoo: Jennie is gonna be so worried... and pissed.

Soojoo takes ahold of Jisoo's hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze.

Soojoo: I'm sure she'll understand. 

Jisoo shakes her head.

Jisoo: I just hope she doesn't stay up late to wait for me. I don't want her to lose her sleep.

Soojoo: Stop worrying so much, I'm sure Jennie will be fine. Worry about yourself.

Jisoo shoots Soojoo a confused glance, causing the latter to roll her eyes.

Soojoo: Don't play dumb with me Jisoo. By the bags under your eyes, I can tell that you've been working nonstop for the past few days.

Jisoo heaves out a tired sigh before shaking her head in amazement.

Jisoo: I can't seem to get anything past you. 

Soojoo: I'm your best friend for a reason Jisoo. Talk to me.

Jisoo: It's nothing really... I've just been having really bad nightmares lately. I can't sleep, and as of recently I can't stop feeling like something's about to go wrong... Working was the only way that could distract me from everything. 

Soojoo looks pitifully at her friend. 

Soojoo: What are the nightmares about Sooya?

Jisoo shakes her head as she rubs her tired eyes. 

Jisoo: That's the thing, I can't remember them. I just know that it'a always dark, and cold, and... endless. It feels like I'm falling into a deep endless void... and I'm all alone...

Soojoo gives Jisoo's hand another gentle squeeze. 

Soojoo: Why don't you try sleeping right now Sooya? I'll be right here. 

Jisoo hesitated for a bit before agreeing with Soojoo's suggestion. She leans her head against the wall and allows her eyes close as her consciousness begins to drift away. 

 

•••

 

Hanbin lit himself a cigar before offering one to Bobby. The older male shook his head and rejected the younger's offer.

Bobby: I quit smoking a few months ago.

Hanbin raises his eyebrows in surprise.

Hanbin: Wow, I didn't expect that from you.

Bobby shrugs his shoulders.

Bobby: It wasn't a big deal.

Hanbin shoots his friend a knowing smirk before shifting his head towards the hospital's entrance. He gives the older male a nudge as soon as she spots both Jisoo and Soojoo exiting the hotel together. 

Bobby snaps some photos of the two before giving Hanbin a reassured nod. Hanbin breaks into a victorious smile as he celebrated for his success. There isn't much time left before Jennie would finally come back to him.

 

•••

 

Jennie was startled awake by a loud knock on the door. She realizes that she must have dozed off while staying up all night to wait for Jisoo to come home.

Glancing around, she notices that it's already morning. Feeling worried for the older girl, Jennie picks up her phone and dials Jisoo's number one more time. After a few moments, Jennie was once again met with Jisoo's voicemail.

The older hasn't been answering her phone since yesterday evening, and Jennie was starting to get worried. 

She suddenly remembers that there was a knock on the door. Getting up from her spot on the couch, Jennie approaches the door and opens it, to find no one outside. Glancing around, she spots an envelope on the ground. 

Befuddled, Jennie bends down to pick it up. After glancing around once more and seeing no one in sight, Jennie headed back inside and examines the envelope in her hands. 

'That's weird.'

The envelope seems to have been addressed to her, but yet there was no name that indicates who had sent it. Curiously, Jennie opens the envelope, and takes out the contents that lay inside. 

The contents had turned out to be photos. Jennie examines the first photo and realizes that it's a photo of Soojoo, Jisoo's friend. Jennie furrows her eyebrows in confusion. Why would someone be sending her photos of Soojoo, when she barely knows who she is?

Moving on to the next photo, Jennie releases a gasp as soon as she recognizes the girl in the picture. 

It was Jisoo.

Jennie glances back at the first photo and notices that both photos had been taken at the same location, 'Pearl Plaza Hotel.' 

Jennie continues to go through the following pictures, each one seeming to be chipping away a piece of her heart. The photos showed Jisoo and Soojoo entering the same hotel room and then of them both leaving the hotel together. 

Jennie's head was swirling with confusion as her mind tries to piece everything together.

Jennie: That...that explains why Jisoo didn't answer my calls... Why she-she didn't come home...

Jennie felt her walls break down as she was once again faced with the cruelty of her life. Her heart was once again shattered by none other than Kim Jisoo. Her legs give away, as she collapses onto the ground with a thud, all the color drained from her face. 

Jennie's tears began to uncontrollably pour down her face as she tightly grasps onto the photos in her hands. Slowly she starts to raise her hand up and starts pounding it against her chest, trying to find a way to ease the pain of her broken heart.

It hurt too much. It just hurt too much. 

Jennie releases a heart wrenching sob as she lets herself completely break down. 

Jennie: ...She... she promised me...

Not knowing what to do, Jennie stands up and stumbled her way towards the couch and reaches for her phone. 

She dials Lisa's and waits for the younger to pick up.

Lisa: Jennie unnie!

Jennie releases another sob at the sound of her bed friend's voice, which throws the younger into a worried state.

Lisa: Unnie what's wrong? Tell me what's wrong.

Jennie: L-Lisa-yah...

Lisa: Goddammit unnie, what is it?! Are you okay?! Please tell me you're okay!

Jennie: She...she cheated on me.

Lisa: What?! I don't... I don't understand. What are you talking about?

Jennie chokes back another sob as she tries to get ahold of emotions.

Jennie: J-Jisoo... she... cheated on me...

Lisa: What?! U-unnie, that's impossible! Why would she?! H-how...

Jennie: I saw the evidence Lisa. She-she didn't come home y-yesterday, and she w-wasn't answering her phone...

Jennie couldn't bring herself to finish what she was saying as she starts to break down once again.

Lisa: Unnie, unnie, calm down, okay? It's not for certain... Maybe--

Jennie: No... I saw the photos Lisa. S-she entered the hotel room with that girl... and...and they both left the hotel together the next morning...

Lisa cursed on the other line at Jennie's statement.

Lisa: Are you serious?! She-she really...?

Jennie: Hmm...

Lisa: her... Unnie, listen to me. Calm down okay? Don't do anything, and don't go anywhere, alright? I'll be right there.

Jennie: I-I don't know w-what to do Lisa... H-how could she... She...she promised me...

Lisa takes in a deep breath as she tries to hold back her own tears at the sound of best friend's broken voice.

Lisa: I know unnie... And I'll be right there... Don't do anything okay? Where are you right now?

Jennie: ...

Lisa: Jennie unnie!

Jennie: I'm... I'm at home.

Lisa: O-okay. Don't go anywhere, I'm on my way.

 

•••

 

Jisoo: Jennie-ah! I'm home!

Jisoo walks into the living room as she tries to warm herself up due to the rain pouring down heavily outside.

However, she stops in her tracks as soon as she spots Jennie crying on floor, a knife positioned at her wrist. 

Jisoo: Jennie-ah!

Rushing over, Jisoo immediately wraps her hand around the blade before Jennie could use it to cut herself.

Jisoo's hand was dripping with blood, but she didn't care. Throwing the blade on the ground she knelt down besides the younger girl.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah, are you okay?

She moves to wrap her arms around Jennie's body but was immediately pushed away by the younger.

Jennie: GET AWAY FROM ME!

Jisoo stares at her wife in bewilderment and confusion.

Jisoo: What's wrong Jennie-ah? Why are you crying? W-why did you just...

The younger girl looks up into Jisoo's eyes with burning hatred. Jisoo watches as Jennie stands from her spot, and picks something up from the floor, before throwing them at Jisoo.

Jennie: ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING ME WHAT'S WRONG RIGHT NOW?! LOOK AT THESE AND THEY'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S WRONG!

At Jennie's words, Jisoo gathers the fallen pictures and took a look at them. Her eyes widen in bewilderment as she tried to make sense of the handful of photos in her hands.

Jisoo: I-I... I don't understand Jennie... Why do you have photos of Soojoo and I?

Jennie gazed into Jisoo's questioning eyes before letting out a scoff.

Jennie: It all makes sense... Why you didn't answer your phone last night.... Why you didn't come home...

Realization soon dawns on Jisoo's face as her eyes widened in horror.

Jisoo: No... Jennie, no! I would never do that!

Jennie's tears began to pour down as she starts to sob uncontrollably.

Jennie: Really? Then tell me what these pictures are Jisoo... I-I trusted you... I was willing to give you a chance....

Jisoo walks over towards Jennie and tries to grab her hand. The younger girl quickly moved away and kept her distance.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah... 

Jennie: Don't call me by my name! 

Jisoo: It's not what you think Jennie! Soojoo and I got trapped inside that hotel room. We couldn't get out because there was a malfunction with the door.

Jennie releases a scoff.

Jennie: And you expect me to believe that?! What the hell were you doing with her in the hotel room in the first place?!

Jisoo shakes her head not knowing what to say.

Jisoo: I-I don't know... I got a text from her telling me to meet her there... but-but when I came she said she didn't text me—

Jennie: Stop making excuses Jisoo! I'm tired of it! I'm tired of this... Of everything! When are you going to stop lying to me?!

Tears start to pour down Jisoo's face at the fear of losing Jennie once again.

Jisoo: Jennie...

Jennie takes another step back, inching towards the door.

Jennie: Leave me alone Jisoo. I don't want to have anything to do with you anymore.

Jisoo fell down onto her knees as she felt like her world was crumbling down. She looks up towards Jennie with pleading broken eyes, as fresh tears rolled down her face.

Jisoo: I'm begging you Jennie. Please... just listen to me. I can't lose you again.

Jennie closes her eyes and shook her head as she had already made her decision.

Jennie: I tried Jisoo... But you betrayed me... Please... from now on, just... stay away from my life. 

Jennie turns on her heel and was about to leave when she was held back by Jisoo's hand grabbing on to her arm.

Jisoo: Jennie—

Jennie turns around and strikes Jisoo's face with her hand, leaving a red mark on the older girl's face.

Jennie: Let. Me. Go!

Tears clouded Jisoo's eyes as she tightens her grasp.

Jisoo: No. I'm not letting you leave me again. Not after everything we've been through.

Jennie forcefully yanks her arm away from Jisoo's hold and pushes the older girl back.

Jennie: I don't want anything to do with you! You broke my heart time and time again, and I've had enough of it! Don't you ever, ing get involved with me ever again. We're over. I'll send you the divorce papers tomorrow.

And with her final statement, Jennie burst out of the house as she tries to contain the tears building up in her eyes.

Jisoo gaped at the door, not knowing what to do. Her mind was a whirlwind of questions as it tries to make sense of everything.

All she knew was that she can't lose Jennie.

She shakes her head, refusing to let Jennie go.

Jisoo: Not this time. I'm not letting you leave me again Jennie-ah...

And with that thought, Jisoo got onto her feet and rushed outside to chase after Jennie.

 

•••

 

Jisoo spots Jennie at the stoplight just as she was about to cross the street.

The younger girl was drenched from head to toe, and Jisoo felt a throb of pain in her heart at the sight of seeing Jennie in this state.

Rushing over, she grabs ahold of Jennie's arm before the latter could cross over.

Jennie swerves around at Jisoo as her eyes lit up lividly.

Jennie: I told you to leave me alone!

Jisoo: I can't let you leave Jennie-ah! Not like this. I love you!

Jennie: Save your lies Jisoo! I'm tired of everything! Why can't you understand that? Just let me go! Haven't you hurt me enough?!

Jisoo: You can't leave like this! It's still raining and you're drenched! What if you get sick?! Just come back inside Jennie-ah, and I promise I'll let you go. Just wait until the rain stops. 

Jennie: Stop pretending like you care for me Jisoo! Don't you get it?! You've broken me! You've succeeded! What else do you want from me?!

Jisoo's heart shattered at the pained look in Jennie's eyes. Slowly, her grip on the younger's arm starts to loosen as she realizes that she was only causing the latter more pain by holding her back.

Jennie yanks her arm out of Jisoo's grasp before rushing across the street.

Jisoo closes her eyes in defeat before taking one last glance at Jennie. Her eyes suddenly widen in horror as she sees a car rapidly approaching the younger girl's direction.

With every ounce of her strength, Jisoo races across the street as quickly as her legs could take her.

She takes one last glance at the approaching car before wrapping her arms tightly around Jennie's body just as the car collided into them with full force. Jisoo's body protecting Jennie's.