Chapter 4

Don't Deserve You

 

It was raining by the time they got to Jisoo's house. Jennie lightly patted the girl's shoulder, trying to wake her up.

When Jisoo opened her eyes, she noticed that she was outside her home, She turned her head and saw Jennie staring at her.

Jennie: We're at your house.

Jisoo smiled.

Jisoo: Thanks for taking me home, you didn't have to do that.

Jennie: It's no big deal Miss Kim.

Jisoo wished Jennie would just call her 'Jisoo' like when they were at the construction site. 

But she realized it was just out of pity that the latter had felt for her at the moment.

Grabbing her stuff, she nodded her head towards the door.

Jisoo: I should get going.

Jennie nodded.

Jennie: I will see you tomorrow Miss Kim.

Turning to Mr. Park, Jisoo asked.

Jisoo: Park ahjussi, can you please take Miss Kim home.

Mr. Park: Of course. 

Jennie: No it's fine, I can just take a taxi.

Jisoo: I insist.

Jennie: But I'm actually not going home right now Miss Kim. I have a meeting with someone.

Jisoo shrugged her shoulders.

Jisoo: Mr. Park can still take you to where you're headed.

Jennie was about to refute, but then recalled how stubborn Jisoo was when it came to these sort of things. She closed and leaned back in her seat.

Jennie: Thank you Miss Kim.

Jisoo smiled.

Jisoo: No problem. And by the way, there's an umbrella in the trunk. Use it when you get out or you'll catch a cold.

Jennie: What about you? 

Jisoo shrugged.

Jisoo: My house is right here, I'll be fine.

Jennie: But—

Jisoo: It's alright Miss Kim. 

Jisoo gave Jennie another smile.

Jisoo: I'll see you tomorrow.

Jennie: Goodbye Miss Kim. And thank you.

With that, Jisoo stepped out the car. It was raining heavily and she sort of regretted not taking the umbrella. She rushed towards the gate and quickly opened it as Mr. Park drove away.

Stepping into her front yard, she noticed Chaeyoung's car was parked inside. 

She heaved a sigh, knowing that she'll be scolded by the younger girl for getting caught in the rain.

Jisoo opened the front door and saw Chaeyoung sitting on the sofa while watching Tangled.

As Chaeyoung heard the door open, she turned over and saw Jisoo shivering while standing in her wet clothes.

Chaeyoung: Unnie! Why are you wet?! What happened to the umbrella I packed you?! This isn't good for your health! Aish Jinja! Come on, we have to get you out of these wet clothes!

Jisoo chuckled while listening to her nagging.

Jisoo: Yah, if I didn't know any better I'd say that you were my mother.

With just a glare from the younger girl, Jisoo had decided to shut and stayed silent..

They headed towards Jisoo's room and Chaeyoung grabbed a pair of Jisoo's pajamas for her to change into. The older girl went inside her bathroom to change while Chaeyoung sat waiting on her bed.

Once Jisoo stepped out, she was met with the glaring face of Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung: Now explain to me unnie, why you came home like this when I had packed you an umbrella this morning.

The latter stared at her shyly before muttering out an answer.

Jisoo: I gave it to Jennie.

Chaeyoung folded her arms across her chest and gave Jisoo a disapproving look. 

Chaeyoung: Unnie, I know you care about her and that you love her a lot, but you have to take care of yourself as well! Just because you're doing fine now doesn't mean that you're 100 percent healthy!

Jisoo let out a stressed out sigh.

Jisoo: I know Chaeyoung-ah. I wasn't even in the rain that long okay?

She glanced at the younger girl who still seemed a bit mad.

Jisoo: Look, I promise I'll take care of myself more okay?

Chaeyoung looked at her warily before relaxing her posture.

Chaeyoung: I just don't want you to hurt yourself Unnie. I want you to be happy.

Jisoo smiled at reassuringly.

Jisoo: I know Chaeng, and I really appreciate you for it.

Chaeyoung returned the gesture before turning serious once again.

Chaeyoung: I totally forgot Unnie. Did you drink your medicine?

Jisoo: I did. 

The younger girl let out a sigh of relief, causing Jisoo to let out a soft giggle.

Jisoo: Yah, you and Junmyeon Oppa are so alike. He called me this morning to ask me the same thing. You both do know that I can take care of myself right?

Chaeyoung: Of course Unnie. It's just that sometimes when there's a lot of work on your plate you may forget to take your medicine, so Oppa and I are just simply reminding you.

Jisoo: Ok ok. I guess that could work. Oh, I almost forgot. What happened earlier, why did you suddenly bail?

Chaeyoung suddenly ran out of words to say which was unusual, and there was an obvious tint of red slowing appearing on her face.

Jisoo smiled knowingly.

Jisoo: It's your mysterious girlfriend isn't it? 

Chaeyoung: Yah, Unnie she's not my girlfriend.

Jisoo rolled her eyes.

Jisoo: Uh huh. You guys go on like dates 3 times a week and she's not your girlfriend. 

Chaeyoung: I know, but she hasn't popped the question yet.

Jisoo laughed at the younger girl's shyness.

Jisoo: Why don't you just ask her Chae?

Chaeyoung shrugged.

Chaeyoung: I don't know.

Jisoo stared at her disapprovingly.

Jisoo: And here you are telling me to win back my girl when you yourself haven't even asked yours out. Tsk tsk. 

Chaeyoung: Unnie, you don't understand, I'm just afraid of being rejected.

Jisoo: Chaeyoung-ah, I doubt that she would reject you. I mean are you 2 serious about this relationship?

It took a while but Chaeyoung slowly nodded her head.

Jisoo: Good. Then there's nothing to worry about.

The latter nodded her head confidently.

Chaeyoung: You're right Unnie. What do I have to fear? Tomorrow I'm just gonna call her out and pop the question.

Jisoo: That's my dongsaeng! 

Chaeyoung laughed after hearing the pride in the older girl's words.

Jisoo: Oh yeah. When am I gonna get to meet this mysterious girl that captured Pasta's heart. She must be a special one.

The younger put on her adorable thinking face, and Jisoo just wanted to pinch the life out of her puffy chipmunk cheeks. The latter snapped out of her thoughts, and replied.

Chaeyoung: When she officially becomes mine, then I'll let you meet her. 

Jisoo chuckled and shook her head. 

Jisoo: I'll accept that.

Chaeyoung smiled.

Jisoo: But can I at least know her name.

Chaeyoung: No.

Jisoo pouted. 

Jisoo: Please Chaeyoungie~, my dear Rosé Pasta, tell me her name~

Chaeyoung tried her best to resist, but eventually fell for the older girl's aegyo. Jisoo is a person that hates doing aegyo, but when she does do it, it's impossible to resist. 

What can she say, even though she's now completely over the older girl, there's no denying the fact that Chaeyoung is still whipped for Jisoo.

Chaeyoung: Fine unnie, I'll tell you! But please stop doing that, it's making my heart weak.

Jisoo laughed and looked at the Chaeyoung eagerly, waiting for her to reveal the name.

Chaeyoung: Her name is.... Lisa.

Jisoo: Oh~ Is she a foreigner?

Chaeyoung: Yup. But she's from Thailand, although I had met her when I was in New Zealand.

Jisoo smirked teasingly.

Jisoo: I see you Chaeng. Going for the exotic women I see~

Chaeyoung's face immediately turned red again. 

Chaeyoung: Yah unnie! It's nothing like that.

Jisoo stuck out her tongue before standing up. 

Jisoo: Say what you want Chaeyoung-ah. I know what your heart wants!

Chaeyoung: Unnie!~ 

The younger girl stood up and chased after the latter down the stairs, who was singing aloud as she ran.

Jisoo: Chaeyoung and Lisa sitting in a tree! Pasta loves Lisa who's a y exotic woman!~

Chaeyoung: Unnie~

Jisoo laughed at how cute and shy Chaeyoung was. But as she ran to the living room, there was a slight pang in her heart that made her stop in her tracks.

Chaeyoung came running in while panting.

Chaeyoung: I got you now unnie.

The young girl was grinning while approaching the elder when she saw Jisoo's pale face, her left hand was clutching onto the sofa, right hand on her chest, and eyes tightly shut.

Chaeyoung: Unnie! Oh My God Jisoo Unnie! Are You Okay?!

Jisoo: M-my m-medi-cine. Grab my medicine Chaeyoung-ah..

Chaeyoung: Is it in your bag?

Jisoo too weak to speak only nodded. Chaeyoung didn't wait a second longer and dashed up to the older girl's room and dumped all the contents from her bag onto the bed. 

Spotting the small container, she grabbed it along with a water bottle and hurried back to Jisoo, who was now breathing heavily on the floor.

Chaeyoung took out 2 pills and unscrewed the bottle cap, carefully feeding it to her.

Chaeyoung: Here you go unnie. I'm so sorry.

Chaeyoung's face was stained with tears, her eyes filled with unshed tears threatening to fall down.

Gulping down the medicine, Jisoo gave the younger a soft smile.

Jisoo: Yah, are you stupid? Why should you be sorry?

Chaeyoung: I-ts's b-be-cause I ch-chased you, that's w-why y-y-you got tired...

Jisoo laughed weakly.

Jisoo: It's not your fault that I'm like this Chaeng. You know that.

Chaeyoung: B-but..

Jisoo: But nothing. Look at me, thanks to you, I'm not laying dead on the ground right now.

Chaeyoung sniffled.

Chaeyoung: It's not fair. Why does everything have to happen to you. You've never done anything wrong.

Jisoo: Silly girl. Don't you know that life is unfair, there's many good people in this world who are probably going through tougher things than I am.

Chaeyoung: I'm sorry unnie.

Jisoo: Again with the apologies, it's not your fault. You weren't the one who gave me this illness. 

Chaeyoung continued to cry.

Chaeyoung: You're right, it's not my fault. The reason you're like this is because of yourself.

Jisoo stared at the younger girl, confused as to why she had said that.

Chaeyoung: 2 years ago we found you a heart donor, it was perfectly healthy unnie, you would've been cured.

Jisoo's features softened while listening to Chaeyoung vent out her frustrations.

Jisoo: Chaeng, I couldn't, and you know that. That little girl needed that heart more than I did. She has a life that she still hasn't lived yet, I couldn't be selfish and take it away from her.

Chaeyoung: It was yours to begin with... It took so much time and effort for Suho oppa and I to find you that heart.

Jisoo grabbed the latter's hand.

Jisoo: It's alright. I still have plenty of time Chae, before I sleep for good...

Chaeyoung shook her head.

Chaeyoung: I won't let you. I promise, I'll find you a new heart unnie, just a little more time. I'll find it.

Jisoo smiled while watching the younger girl try to stop her tears.

Jisoo: Yah that's a promise that you can't break.

Chaeyoung nodded with determination.

Chaeyoung: I intend to keep it. 

Jisoo: I'll be waiting Chaeyoung-ah.

Jisoo turned to look at Chaeyoung who was leaning her head against the couch.

Chaeyoung: I'll find it unnie. Just you wait, you'll be healthy again.

Jisoo: Hmmm.

The 2 later sat in silence with Chaeyoung yawning from time to time.

A few moments later, the younger had fallen asleep, her head rested on Jisoo's shoulder.

Jisoo smiled before leaning her head against the sofa and closed her eyes.

'I'll wait Chaeyoung-ah. For you, for oppa, for Dream, and for Jennie... I just don't know for how much longer.'