Chapter 32

Don't Deserve You

 

Jennie twisted around in her bed, as constant nightmares invaded her slumber.

 

•••

 

It has been months since Jennie had arrived in New Zealand. Months since she's last seen Jisoo. 

However the pain of her heartbreak was still as raw as ever. She cries herself to sleep every night, still hoping that it was somehow just a nightmare.

Despite it all, she wakes up every morning to the bitter reality that everything isn't fine.

She was losing her mind, the pain was constantly eating away at her heart. She hasn't eaten anything but drink sips of water for the past few weeks.

But even then, drinking water had been a struggle for her.

Jennie had lost the will to do anything. She was alone and heartbroken. She wanted to die.

Jennie looks over towards her bedside to see where the container of sleeping pills rested on her nightstand.

Slowly, she reaches over and grabs the container.

Opening the cap, she pours out a handful of pills. Staring at the pills in her hand, Jennie debated whether she should just end it all.

The pain, the torture, the cruelty and sufferings of her life. It would all fade away.

Her death would be painless. It'll end everything.

And with that thought, Jennie gulped down the handful of pills that once rested in her hand.

 

•••

 

"Jennie!" 

"Jennie-ah!"

"Wake Up Jennie-ah!"

"Jennie!"

Jennie's eyes snapped open. She finds herself staring straight into Jisoo's eyes. Eyes that were lit with worry and anxiousness.

Jennie immediately sat up in her bed as she threw her arms around Jisoo, stunning the older girl.

Jisoo slowly wrapped her arms around Jennie's small waist as she tries to comfort the younger girl.

Jisoo: Shhh~ Everything is gonna be fine.

Jennie bursts into tears as memories of the past flooded her mind. It hurts too much. 

It hurts too god damn much.

Jisoo: What's wrong Jennie-ah? Tell me what's wrong.

Jennie shook her head as she buries it into the crook of Jisoo's neck.

Jisoo: It's all gonna be okay.

They stayed like that for another 30 minutes until Jisoo realized that Jennie had fallen asleep in her arms.

Not wanting the younger girl to wake up sore in the morning, Jisoo carefully lays her back down on the bed.

She made sure that Jennie's pillow was situated comfortably beneath her head, before gently placing a blanket over the younger's small frame.

As Jisoo turns to leave, Jennie's hand had reached out to hold her back.

Jisoo turns back to face the younger girl.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah, I thought you were asleep.

Jennie: Can... can you stay with me tonight?

Jisoo's eyes soften up upon seeing Jennie's pleading look. She gives the younger girl a small smile before nodding her head.

Jisoo: Of course I will.

Jisoo grabs herself a chair and sets it down by Jennie's bedside, when the younger girl stopped her.

Jennie: Can you sleep with me? On... on my bed?

Jisoo froze in her spot as she stares at Jennie speechlessly. She wasn't sure if whether she had heard the younger girl correctly.

Jisoo: W-what?

Jennie: I... I know that it's violating the contract... but, can you please sleep with me tonight? 

Jisoo took a gulp of air into her lungs before nodding in reply.

Jisoo: Y-yeah.

Jennie shifts over on the bed in order to make room for Jisoo to come on. The older girl slowly laid down on the bed, carefully trying not to touch Jennie. 

However the latter had surprised her by moving over and wrapped her arms around Jisoo's torso.

Jisoo felt her breathing start to quicken as her heart pounded against her chest.

'Stop it! Stop beating so fast! You're making an idiot of yourself!'

Jennie: Jisoo?

Jisoo: Hmm?

Jennie: Let's forget.

Thinking that Jennie was referring to last week's events, Jisoo nodded in agreement. 

Jisoo: Okay... I'm sorry that I kissed you Jennie-ah, I promise that it won't happen again. And whatever happened after I showered I—

Jennie: No.

Jisoo glanced at the younger girl, confused by what she had meant.

Jisoo: What do you mean?

Jennie: I meant let's forget about everything. About the past.

Jisoo turns to face the younger girl. She searches Jennie's eyes and only saw honesty reflected in them.

Jisoo: W-what?

Jennie: I don't want to keep holding onto the past. I don't want to keep living in pain. I don't care if you had cheated on me. Let's forget about everything and start over.

Fresh tears welled up in Jisoo's eyes at Jennie's words.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah...

Jennie: Let's live happily from now on Jisoo-ah. Let's forget about everything.

Jisoo: Are you sure?

Jennie nodded.

Jennie: I can't stand the constant nightmares that fills my mind every night. It's too suffocating. I want to forget it all... I'm letting everything go... Will you do it with me?

Jisoo nodded as tears began to fall down her face.

How did she get so lucky to have met someone like Jennie Kim in her life. She was the light that shined brightly in Jisoo's dark world. The light that kept her alive after finding out about her parents' death. 

The light that had kept her fighting to stay alive until now. She's the light that Jisoo is willing to protect with every second, every heartbeat, and every breath of her life.

Jisoo wraps her arms around Jennie as she leans over and kisses her forehead.

Jisoo: I love you Jennie Kim. I love you so god damn much.

Jennie: Jisoo...

Jisoo: Goodnight Jendeuk-ah. 

 

•••

 

The following morning, Jisoo was lying on her side as she stares lovingly at Jennie's sleeping figure. She smiles softly at the younger girl as she was waking up from her slumber.

Jisoo brushes a strand of hair out of Jennie's face as she opens her eyes.

Jisoo: Good morning.

Jennie returns Jisoo's smile as she gazes into the older girl's sparkling brown orbs.

Jennie: Good morning.

Jisoo: Did you sleep well?

Jennie: Hmm. Did you?

Jisoo shook her head.

Jisoo: I didn't sleep.

Jennie furrows her eyebrows together in confusion.

Jennie: Why? Was I snoring? Were you uncomfortable?

Jisoo chuckles softly.

Jisoo: It's nothing like that.

Jennie: Then why?

Jisoo shrugs.

Jisoo: You just looked so beautiful while sleeping I couldn't bare to look away.

Jennie playfully slaps the older girl's shoulder.

Jennie: Stop playing around. Why were you actually up?

Jisoo: I wasn't lying Jennie-ah.

Jennie blinks a couple of times as she stares into Jisoo's eyes bewilderedly.

Jennie: So... you were just staring at me all night long?

Jisoo nodded as she continues to smile adoringly at the younger girl.

Jisoo: You drool in your sleep by the way.

Jennie's face reddens as she moves to wipe away her drool, embarrassed that Jisoo had seen such a side of her. Jisoo laughs softly as she takes ahold of Jennie's hand, stopping her from wiping her face.

Jisoo: Don't be embarrassed Jendeuk-ah. It's not like I haven't seen you drool before. Besides, you always look cute when you drool in your sleep anyway.

Jennie's face grew even redder at Jisoo's words. Feeling humiliated, she buries her face into the blanket, covering it out of sight.

Jisoo stares at the younger girl amusedly as she tries to pull the blanket off. 

Jisoo: How long are you gonna keep hiding in there Jendeukie? 

The younger girl remains silent, causing Jisoo to chuckle. Once again, Jisoo grabs onto the blanket and pulls it off Jennie's face.

Jisoo: Drool or no drool, you still look beautiful Jennie Kim. Nothing could ever change the way of how I see you. In my eyes, you will always look beautiful. And I will always love you.

Jennie gazes into Jisoo's eyes and saw the sincerity radiating within them. The older girl's eyes sparkled with love and adoration, bringing a smile to Jennie's face. 

Jennie: So you would still love me the same way even when I look like a zombie? 

Jisoo: I can never stop loving you Jennie Kim.

Jennie breaks into a genuine smile at Jisoo's answer as she decides to scoot closer into the older girl's arms.

Jennie: Let's stay like this for a while longer. I don't want to get out of bed yet.

Jisoo smiles as she places a kiss on the younger's forehead.

Jisoo: Aren't you afraid that I'm gonna smell your morning breath? And what happened to being embarrassed about your drool stained face?

Jennie snuggles closer into Jisoo's chest as she releases a blissful sigh.

Jennie: You just said that you'll love me no matter what. So it doesn't matter to me anymore.

Jisoo smiled and tightens her hold on Jennie, as she places another kiss on the latter's forehead.

'Everything was finally starting to get better.'

 

•••

 

That evening, Jisoo was reading her book in the living room when she heard the creaking of the stairs.

Turning over, she sees Jennie trying to make her way down. Worried that the younger girl might fall, Jisoo sets down her book and rushes over to help her.

Jisoo: Why are you always moving around? You'll end up hurting yourself even more.

Jennie waited for Jisoo to lead her to the couch before replying.

Jennie: I'm bored Jisoo. There's nothing to do around here. I've been stuck at home for the past 2 months, not doing anything. I need fresh air.

Jisoo sighs. She understood what Jennie meant, because she herself had experienced it herself. The only difference was that she had been stuck in the hospital while Jennie was at home.

Jisoo sat herself down on the couch besides Jennie.

Jisoo: What do you want to do then?

Jennie whips her head around to face Jisoo.

Jennie: You're willing to take me?

Jisoo shrugs her shoulders.

Jisoo: Yeah. Where do you wanna go?

Jennie: Can we go get some patbingsu?

Jisoo: Jennie it's cold outside, and you wanna eat ice cream?

Jennie smiles cutely at the older girl.

Jennie: Please~

Jisoo rolls her eyes.

Jisoo: Fine. But do you mind if Jaehyunie comes with us? I haven't seen him these past few weeks, and I kind of miss him.

Jennie: Of course not! I'd love to have him come along!

Jisoo chuckles softly.

Jisoo: That's right, I forgot how much you love kids.

Jisoo takes out her phone and started dialing Mrs. Jung's phone number.

As she waited for the other line to pick up, she turns towards Jennie and gestures for the latter to go get ready.

Jennie nodded and headed up towards her room.

Jisoo smiles adoringly at the younger girl, feeling overjoyed.

She was about to go hang out with Jennie. What could be better than that?

 

•••

 

Jisoo parked her car and rushes over to open Jennie's car door. After making sure that Jennie had completely gotten out, she turns back to open Jaehyun's door.

The younger boy hops out enthusiastically.

He turns to Jennie and gives her a bright smile.

Jaehyun: Thanks for letting me come along Jennie noona!

Jennie returns him an eye smile.

Jennie: No problem Jaehyun-ah. Are you ready to eat some ice cream?

The younger nods his head excitedly. Jisoo chuckled to herself before taking ahold of Jaehyun's hand.

Jisoo: Let's go then rice ball.

Jaehyun smiles at Jisoo before using his other hand to grab Jennie's. Although she was a little startled at first, Jennie accepted the gesture and held on to the younger's hand.

Jisoo smiles happily before leading them into the shop.

They grabbed a table and ordered one desert to share together. As soon as the ice cream was brought out, Jisoo and Jaehyun had both dug in, while Jennie slowly took her time to eat the desert.

After a few moments, Jisoo and Jaehyun dropped their spoons as they clutched their heads in pain.

Jisoo & Jaehyun: BRAINFREEZE!

Jennie releases a laugh as she on her spoon.

Jennie: Serves you 2 right for gobbling down all the ice cream.

Jisoo broke into a grin.

Jisoo: We couldn't help it. The ice cream was too good to resist. Am I right Jaehyun-ah?

The younger boy nodded vigorously.

Jaehyun: Too good to resist.

Jennie shakes her head as she lets out another laugh. Seeing that Jaehyun's face was covered in ice cream, she leans over and wipes the younger's face.

Jennie: All clean.

Jaehyun beams a smile at her as Jisoo glares at him jealously. Taking another bite of ice cream, she purposely smeared some of it on her face.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah~ I have some ice cream on my face too~

Jennie rolled her eyes at the older girl.

Jennie: You have your own hands Jisoo.

Jisoo: I don't know where it's smeared.

Jennie rolled her eyes once more, but had leaned over to wipe the older girl's face anyway.

Jennie: How old are you? At this age and you're still getting ice cream all over your face.

Jisoo chuckles to herself as she glances at Jaehyun and gives him a wink. The younger boy covers his mouth with his hands as he releases a giggle.

Jisoo smiles as Jennie was done wiping off her face.

Jisoo: Thanks Jendeukie~

Jennie: Hmm~

Jaehyun taps Jennie's arm as he gives her his best puppy dog eyes.

Jennie: Yes Jaehyun?

Jaehyun: Can we please go to the park after this noona? I really want to play on the swings.

Jennie smiles at him as she ruffles his hair.

Jennie: You have to ask Jisoo Hyun-ah.

Jaehyun: Ehh~ Jisoo noona will agree with whatever you say Jen noona.

Jennie chuckles to herself as she turns to look at Jisoo, who was busy off the ice cream of her spoon.

Jennie: Are you okay with it Jisoo?

Jisoo nodded before remembering about Jennie's injury.

Jisoo: What about your leg? I don't think you should be walking around with that Jennie-ah.

Jennie: I'll be fine. Besides, I hate being locked up inside the house. Let's have some fun today.

Jisoo hesitated for a moment before giving into the younger girl's request.

Jisoo: Alright. We can go to the park.

Jennie nodded before turning to Jaehyun and shoots him a smile.

Jennie: We can go Jaehyunie.

Jaehyun: See? I told you so. Jisoo noona would agree with whatever you say.

Jennie giggles at the younger boy's comment.

Jennie: Alright then, we'll head to the park after this.

Jaehyun claps his hands with joy.

Jaehyun: Yayy!! Jennie noona is the best!

Jisoo: Yah, don't forget about the person who is gonna drive you there you little rice ball.

Jaehyun giggles at the older girl as Jennie shakes her head at her childish behavior.

Jaehyun: Jisoo noona is also the best!

Jisoo smiles, and gives him a satisfied nod. She turns to Jennie and wiggled her eyebrows jokingly.

The younger lets out a playful scoff as she stares at Jisoo.

Jennie: Come on, let's hurry and finish our ice cream so we can go to the park.

Jisoo shares a glance with Jaehyun who knew exactly what she was thinking. The two immediately sat up straight in their seats as they mockingly saluted to Jennie.

Jisoo & Jaehyun: Yes ma'am!

Jennie releases a laugh. It's been a while since she had actually had so much fun. She sneaks a glance at Jisoo who was playfully teasing Jaehyun and secretly smiles to herself. 

At first she was still slightly worried that she had made the wrong decision by forgiving Jisoo, but thinking about that now she realizes that maybe it wasn't the wrong choice. 

Maybe she was right for forgiving Jisoo. 

Maybe she'll finally be able to find her own happiness again.