Chapter 56

Don't Deserve You

 

Jisoo tries to call Jennie again for probably the 50th time that night.

It was getting late and the latter hasn't answered nor returned any of her calls. Jisoo was getting more worried by each passing minute.

She was about to head out and find Jennie herself when both Suho and Soojoo had entered the room. 

Jisoo: What are you guys doing here at this time?

Suho shrugs.

Suho: Thought we would come and hang out with you guys for a bit. Keep you company.

He glances around the room and realized that Jennie was no where to be seen.

Suho: Where's Jennie?

Jisoo was about to answer when Soojoo finally noticed that she was trying to get out of bed.

Soojoo: And what are you doing?

Jisoo groaned in frustration as she held up her phone.

Jisoo: Jennie has been gone for hours. And no matter how many times I've called, she hasn't answered any of my calls. I'm starting to get worried.

Suho: Maybe she fell asleep or something and her phone is on silent?

Jisoo shook her head. 

Jisoo: It doesn't matter. I'm gonna go look for her.

Suho lets out a scoff before sharing a glance with Soojoo.

Suho: You're crazy if you think we'd let you go.

Jisoo: But what about Jennie Oppa? She could be hurt!

Soojoo walks over and places a hand on Jisoo's shoulder in an attempt to calm her down.

Soojoo: I'm sure you're just worrying too much Jisoo. Jennie is fine. 

Jisoo shrugged Soojoo off and shook her head once more.

Jisoo: You can't be sure of that.

Suho heaves out a sigh.

Suho: If it makes you feel any better, I can can go look for Jennie in your place. It's not safe for you to leave the hospital at this time Sooya.

Jisoo huffs out a dissatisfied breath, adamantly shaking her head.

Jisoo: I need to see her safe for myself Oppa. Please. Once I know that Jennie is okay, I promise that I'll return to the hospital right away and never leave again. 

Suho hesitated as he looked towards Soojoo for guidance. His cousin however, was just as conflicted as he is.

Suho releases a renounced sigh as he ran a hand through his hair.

Suho: Once we find Jennie, we head straight back to the hospital. Got it?

Jisoo nodded immediately. She quickly climbs off the bed before being struck by a wave of dizziness. 

Soojoo: Sooya?

Jisoo raises a hand up, indicating that she was fine.

Jisoo: I'm okay. Just got up too fast.

Suho sighs again as he made his way towards the door.

Suho: I'll go get the car started. Jooya, help her change into her clothes.

Soojoo: You got it Oppa.

 

•••

 

Jisoo immediately hops off the car as she rushed towards the door, having seen that Jennie's car was in the driveway. 

She reaches inside her coat for the keys before unlocking the door and hurried inside. Soojoo had followed Jisoo inside while Suho was parking the car in the driveway. 

Jisoo: Jennie! Jennie-ah! Jennie!

Jisoo made her away up towards the stairs after receiving no response from Jennie. She checked  every single room within the house to realize that her wife was nowhere to be found. 

Soojoo: Have you found her?

Jisoo came back downstairs and shook her head at Soojoo who was standing by the doorway with Suho. 

Jisoo: I couldn't find her anywhere. 

Suho glances at Soojoo before holding up an object in his hand. 

Suho: I'm guessing that this is the reason why. 

Jisoo looks more closely at Suho's hand and realizes that it was Jennie's phone. She rushes towards the older male and grabbed the phone from his hand. 

Jisoo: Where did you get this?

Suho: In the driveway.

Jisoo shook her head as panic overtook her body. She began to pace around the room anxiously trying to figure out what had happened to her wife.

Soojoo: We should call the police Jisoo. They'll know what to do.

Jisoo: It has to be Seungri. I know it.

Suho runs a hand through his hair as he releases a sigh.

Suho: It's useless. We don't have any evidence against him that proves that he had taken Jennie.

Jisoo: What about the recording? We can give them that right?

Suho shook his head wearily. 

Suho: That's not enough evidence Sooya.

Jisoo growled in response as she slams her fist into the wall.

Jisoo: Then what are we supposed to do?!

Soojoo glances between Suho and Jisoo as she takes out her phone and began dialing.

Soojoo: Why don't we notify the police first. That will be our first course of action. At least by doing that we can at least start somewhere. Okay?

Jisoo turns around to face her friend with watery eyes. But before she could reply, the sound of her phone ringing had rang throughout the house.

Jisoo holds a hand up as she signals for Soojoo to wait a moment before calling the cops. The latter nodded her head before focusing her attention towards Jisoo and the caller on the other line. 

Jisoo: Hello?

Jiyong: Jisoo?

Jisoo: Abeoji?

Jiyong: Y-Yeah. It's me. Listen I have no time to waste—

Jisoo heaves out a sigh as she cuts the older man off.

Jisoo: Actually I have something more urgent to tell you at the moment. 

Jiyong: Jennie's missing.

Jisoo's eyes furrowed as she places the phone on speaker for Suho and Soojoo to hear.

Jisoo: How did you find out?

Jisoo heard a choked sob coming from the other line as she waited for Jiyong's reply.

Jiyong: It was Seungri. He wants to exchange Jennie for my life. 

Jisoo's eyes widened as her fists clenched in anger.

Jisoo: Wait for me abeoji. I'll drive over so we can talk about this.

Jiyong: There's no time Jisoo! I-I just wanted to let you know that if something were to happen to me... you need to make sure that Jennie is okay. And her mother... Dear god her mother... please make sure that both my wife and daughter are safe once I'm gone. 

Jisoo shook her head before remembering that the elder man couldn't see her. 

Jisoo: You can't do that Abeoji. I'm about to phone the cops right now—

Jiyong: You can't call the cops! Seungri said that if I call the cops, he would kill Jennie. 

Jisoo grunted in frustration as she ran a hand through her hair. 

Jisoo: Then I'm coming with you.

Jiyong: You can't do that Jisoo. It has to be me. He wants me to come alone. 

Jisoo: I'm not losing you. I'm not letting Jennie lose her father.

Jiyong: And I'm not gonna let her lose both her father and her wife! She'll be okay as long as she has you. 

Jisoo: I don't care what you say Abeoji. I'm coming with you. I've failed Jennie too many times already. I'm not gonna let her lose you too.

Jiyong stays silent. For a moment there was silence on the other line before the elder man spoke up.

Jiyong: Well it's not your choice to make Jisoo. I trust that you will honor my dying wish. 

Before Jisoo could utter another word, the other line had went silent as Jiyong had ended the call.

Jisoo screams in frustration as she slammed her fist into the wall once more, drawing blood from her hand. 

Jisoo: Oppa, phone one of the guys who are stationed at Jiyong's house and tell him to trail him. I want to know where he is headed.

Suho nodded before turning away to make the call. Soojoo approaches Jisoo as she places a comforting hand on the latter's arm.

Soojoo: What are you planning to do Jisoo?

Jisoo shook her head as she clutches the phone tightly in her hand.

Jisoo: I have to go after him.

Soojoo's eyes hardened as she shoots Jisoo a warning gaze.

Soojoo: Not alone you're not. Especially not with your current condition, you shouldn't even be out of bed right now. 

The CEO shook her head once more as her gaze shifted into one of determination.

Jisoo: I have to go Soojoo. Jennie is my wife. If I don't save her who will?

Soojoo's eyes lit up with anger as she held up her phone towards Jisoo's face.

Soojoo: We let the ing cops handle it Jisoo! That's their job!

Jisoo: You heard what he said Soojoo. They'll kill Jennie if we call the cops!

Soojoo: Well you can't just walk blindly into Seungri's trap! You're playing right into his plan.

Jisoo shook her head as she saw Suho making his way back towards them. 

Suho: They're on it.

Jisoo gave him a gratified nod as she turns back to face Soojoo.

Jisoo: I have a plan.

Soojoo rolled her eyes as she releases a disbelieved scoff.

Soojoo: Whatever it is, it won't be any good.

Jisoo clenches her jaw as her eyes glazed over.

Jisoo: It's the only plan we have.

Suho glances between Soojoo and Jisoo wearily as he tries to figure out what was going on.

Suho: What are you planning Jisoo?

The latter turns to face Suho, her eyes set with determination.

Jisoo: I'm going after Jennie. 

Before Suho could disagree, Jisoo had cut him off by holding up a hand to silence him.

Jisoo: I know what you're gonna say Oppa. But I'm not gonna change my mind. While I follow Jiyong, I want you and Soojoo to inform Chaeyoung, Lisa, and Changmin Oppa about what is happening. After you do that, I need you to contact the police and have them head towards the location. 

Suho shook his head as he worked out too many flaws within Jisoo's so called plan.

Suho: Too many things could go wrong Jisoo. Why don't you wait for the police and we could all go there. 

Jisoo shook her head. 

Jisoo: It might be the safest plan but it won't ensure Jiyong's safety Oppa. He's heading there with the sole intention of exchanging his life for Jennie's. Someone has to stop him.

Soojoo steps forward as she desperately clutches onto Jisoo's arm. 

Soojoo: That person doesn't have to be you Jisoo!

Jisoo: Yes it does. I've made up my mind. Either you guys are with me or you're not. But I'm gonna go no matter what you say, and I hope that you won't place Jennie's life in any more danger than it already is. 

Soojoo's eyes softened as she takes another step towards her friend.

Soojoo: Sooya...

Jisoo: Please Soojoo. I have to do this. Any second that I'm still here is another second that Jennie's life is still at risk. 

Jisoo takes a hold of Soojoo's hand as she gives it a pleading squeeze.

Jisoo: I need you to promise me.

She shifts her attention towards Suho and gazes into his eyes.

Jisoo: Both of you. 

Suho held onto Jisoo's gaze and knew that nothing would be able to stop the latter from going to save Jennie. Despite his better judgement, the young doctor closed his eyes and bowed his head in acceptance. 

Soojoo was reluctant to let Jisoo go. She couldn't bare the thought of having her friend, the woman that she loves, to be heading straight towards danger. 

But like Suho, she knew that Jisoo had already made up her mind. Slowly her grip began to loosen from Jisoo's arm before it fell limply towards her side. 

Soojoo: You better make it back safely Kim Jisoo. I swear to god if anything happens to you I'll—

Jisoo: I'll be fine Soojoo. 

And with one last look of gratitude towards her friends, Jisoo rushed outside the house and drives away.

 

•••

 

Jennie woke up with a massive headache. Her vision was blurry as she groggily glances around her.

She was tied up in a chair inside a dark room that was lit up by a single flickering ceiling light. There seemed to be another person in the room besides her. 

Jennie slowly lifts up her head to see the backside of the person inside the room with her. It puzzled her because the person's backside was familiar to her. 

The man seems to be on the phone with someone. He was talking in whispered breaths, making it impossible to hear what he was saying. 

Abruptly, the call ended and the figure turns around to face her. 

Nothing could've prepared Jennie for the shock that she was immediately struck with as soon as her eyes had landed on the mysterious figure's face.

Her eyes welled up in tears as her expression morphs into one of confusion despite already knowing what was going on. 

Jennie: Hanbin?

Hanbin's face was grim as he felt a twinge of guilt towards the woman that he loved. He didn't want it to be this way. It wasn't what he wanted for Jennie.

Hanbin: Jennie-ah. You're awake.

He made his way towards her but immediately froze in his place as the next words came out from .

Jennie: Don't you dare come near me. 

Her words had hurt as they seemed to have been a knife that stabbed through his heart. 

Hanbin: Jennie-ah, let me explain.

Jennie: Explain what? That you kidnapped me? That you drugged me and held me captive while tied to a chair like an animal?

Hanbin shook his head as his eyes glazed over.

Hanbin: I didn't want to. I-I had no choice. 

Tears managed to escape from Jennie's eyes as she shifted uncomfortably in the chair.

Jennie: What's going on Hanbin-ah? Why am I here? Why did you take me? 

Hanbin stares at Jennie unable to form the words within his mouth. How was he supposed to tell her that she was being used as bait to lure her father here? How was he supposed to tell her that she was gonna be the reason for her father's death?

Jennie: Why am I here Hanbin?!

Hanbin: I— 

Before Hanbin could reply, the door bursts open to reveal Seungri's smug face.

Seungri: Good, you're awake. How wonderful it is for join us Jennie. 

Jennie glances between Seungri and Hanbin in confusion as her brain slowly pieced the puzzle pieces together. 

She turns back to face Hanbin. A look of betrayal and hurt reflected across her face.

Jennie: You're with him. 

Hanbin looks away in shame as Seungri releases an amused laugh.

Seungri: Excuse my son Jennie. He's a little out of it at the moment. This was my idea after all.

Jennie shifted her gaze towards Seungri, her eyes burning with hatred.

Jennie: What am I doing here? What do you want from me?

Seungri chuckles as he turns towards Hanbin.

Seungri: I see you haven't told her.

Jennie flickers her gaze towards Hanbin for a quick second before reverting them back towards Seungri.

Jennie: Tell me what? 

Seungri releases another amused chuckle as he made his way over towards Jennie until he hovered over her.

He slowly leaned down towards the scared brunette and tilted his head into her ear as his lips twisted into a sadistic smirk.

Seungri: Your father is on his way here to save his little girl. And you're the bait.