Chapter 42

Don't Deserve You

 

Happy Birthday to Miss Jennie Kim!!! #ShiningJennieDay <3 

 

•••

 

Jennie quietly lets herself inside Jisoo's hospital room as the older girl sat on her bed, her back faced away from the door.

Jennie: Chu? Are you still mad?

Jisoo remains silent, not wanting to speak to Jennie.

Jennie closes the door behind her and walks over to stand in front of Jisoo.

Jennie: I said I was sorry.

Jisoo huffs out an annoyed breath.

Jisoo: But you still thought I was wrong.

Jennie releases a sigh as she takes a seat on a chair.

Jennie: Are you really gonna be mad at me for this?

Jisoo: It's not that Jennie-ah. I just don't trust that Hanbin guy. Something's off about him.

Jennie: I can assure you that there is nothing off about Hanbin. He's someone that I trust and care for deeply. I need you to understand that Jisoo.

Jisoo rubs her eyes in frustration.

Jisoo: Why can't you just listen to me?

Jennie: I would, if you were being reasonable.

Jisoo's eyes lit up with a flash of anger, but she had quickly reeled it back.

Jisoo: I am being reasonable. He hurt you today Jennie-ah. Look at the bruises on your wrist. Those were caused by him. And that had happened while we were in a hospital.

Jennie: I understand where you're coming from Chu. But can't you look at it from my perspective? Hanbin has been my friend and boyfriend for years, I know what kind of person he is. He would never hurt me.

Jisoo releases a disbelieved scoff.

Jisoo: I can't believe you're siding with him over me.

Jennie: I don't want us to keep fighting about this Jisoo. Is it because your jealous?

Jisoo's eyes flicker dangerously as the words left Jennie's mouth.

Jisoo: I am anything but jealous. I trust you completely Jennie-ah. I know you. It's Kim Hanbin that I don't trust.

Jennie closes her eyes tiredly.

Jennie: If you trust me, then you would listen to me Jisoo-yah. Hanbin is a good person. He's also my friend.

Jisoo massages her forehead in frustration as she was suddenly struck with a wave of pain. Seeing the shift in the older girl's expression, Jennie stands up worriedly.

Jennie: Jisoo, what's wrong?

Jisoo shakes her head as the pain begins to subside. Brushing it off, she waves Jennie away.

Jisoo: It's nothing. I'm just tired.

Jennie relaxes her composure a bit as she sits back down.

Jennie: You had me worried for a second.

Jisoo glances over as she gazed into Jennie's worried eyes.

Jisoo: I don't want to fight with you Jennie-ah. I just don't want to see you get hurt anymore. It pains me to see you get hurt. I'd rather die than to see you even get a scratch on your body Jennie.

Jennie takes a hold of Jisoo's hand and gently rubs comforting circles around it.

Jennie: I get it Chu. But just trust me on this one, alright? Hanbin is a good person. 

Jisoo closes her eyes as she gives in to Jennie's request.

Jisoo: If he even dares to touch you like that again, I swear I will hunt him down and make him pay.

Jennie chuckles lightly at the older girl's protectiveness.

Jenni: And I'm sure you will.

Jisoo breaks into a small grin at Jennie's response.

Jisoo: Do you trust me?

Jennie nodded.

Jennie: With all of my being.

Jisoo smiles as she raises Jennie's hand up and gives it a gentle kiss.

Jisoo: Then believe me when I say that I'll always protect you Jendeuk-ah. From now on, I'll be your guardian angel. I'll make sure that no will ever dare to lay a finger on you. 

Jennie: And I'd do the same for you Jisoo-yah.

 

•••

 

Changmin looked over Jisoo's chart once more before nodding in approval.

Changmin: You're good to be discharged today Sooya.

Jisoo's eyes lit up in excitement as she hops off the bed, forgetting that her right leg was wrapped in a cast. She would've fallen down if it weren't for Jennie who had caught her.

Jennie: How many times do I have to tell you to be careful Jisoo?

Jisoo chuckles lightly as Jennie helped her back onto the bed.

Jisoo: Sorry Jendeuk, I got a little excited.

The younger girl rolled her eyes, but smiled nonetheless.

Jennie: So we can leave now Oppa?

Changmin nodded.

Changmin: I don't see a problem with that. 

He glances around the room to see that it was only occupied by Jennie and Jisoo.

Changmin: Where's everyone else? I figured they would be here to see you home.

Jisoo huffs out an annoyed breath.

Jisoo: Apparently ChaengLisa are on another date. Can you believe that? It's Christmas! I mean I was the one who had gotten them together, the least they could do is spend some time with me! They didn't even get me a present. Ungrateful kids.

Changmin chuckles softly, a mischievous glint in his eye. 

Changmin: What about Suho and Soojoo?

Jisoo pouted at the mention of her 2 other friends.

Jisoo: Suho Oppa and Soojoo are too busy with their work. I mean who freaking works on Christmas?

Changmin shares a glance with Jennie, in which the younger girl had to contain her laughter.

Jennie: Stop being childish Jisoo. I'm here, aren't I?

Jisoo beams at her wife and gives her a peck on her cheek.

Jisoo: Yes, and Jendeukie is the best gift I can ask for. You're the only one I can count on. As long as Jendeukie is here, I'll always be happy!

Changmin: Get a room you two.

Jisoo: We are in a room Oppa. You're the one who's standing here. 

Changmin chuckles at the younger girl's reply.

Changmin: Well then, I guess I'll leave now. See you guys.

Jennie: See you.

Jisoo: Bye Oppa.

As soon as Changmin had shut the door, Jisoo turns towards Jennie and gives her a playful smirk.

Jisoo: You know, since we are the only ones here... and it is Christmas...Maybe we can...

As Jisoo leans in a little closer, Jennie embarrassingly pushes her away. The younger girl's cheeks flushed a deep red.

Jennie: We're in a hospital Jisoo... and your leg is still in a giant cast.

Jisoo chuckles lightly at how cute her wife was.

Jisoo: It's your loss Jendeukie.

Jennie smirked as she picks up a pillow at Jisoo's face.

Jennie: Is it my loss, or yours?

Jisoo stares at her speechlessly as Jennie releases an amused laugh.

Jennie: Come on, let's start packing.

 

•••

 

Jisoo grumbled irritatedly as Jennie helped her up the steps to their house.

Jisoo: I can't believe I'm stuck with this dumb cast for another week.

Jennie: Don't forget about wheelchair.

Jisoo: And the wheelchair?! 

Jennie giggles as she nodded at her wife.

The older girl huffed out an annoyed breath before unlocking the door. 

"SURPRISE!"

Jisoo releases a startled yelp as she tries to make sense of the scene in front of her. She turns back to Jennie who was closing the door, a knowing smile on her face.

Jisoo turns back towards everyone who was standing in her house. Chaeyoung, Lisa, Soojoo, Changmin, Suho, and even Jaehyun was there.

Jaehyun: Noona!

The young boy rushed over and wrapped his arms around her leg. Jisoo releases a joy filled laugh as she ruffles his hair.

Jisoo: What's all of this?

Chaeyoung: We figured you needed a welcome back party.

Jisoo smiles as Jennie comes over to wrap her arms around her. 

Jennie: Surprise Chu~ Merry Christmas.

Jisoo points an accusing finger at Changmin.

Jisoo: You knew about this!

The older male chuckles.

Changmin: Of course I did. I'm a pretty good actor aren't I?

Jisoo scoffs playfully. She glances around the room and starts to tear up.

Jisoo: Wow. I'm so touched guys.

Soojoo: Suho Oppa made dinner.

Jisoo: I haven't tasted your cooking in a while Oppa.

Suho releases a light chuckle.

Suho: Well I went all out this time. So you better eat a lot Sooya.

Jisoo nodded.

Jisoo: I will.

Jisoo looks around at everyone who stood before her, before looking down at the little boy clinging to her leg and then to her beautiful wife. Her heart felt so full she could burst out of happiness.

Jisoo: This is the best Christmas gift ever. I'm so grateful to have you guys.

Chaeyoung walks over towards Jisoo and wrapped her arms around the shorter girl.

Chaeyoung: We're just glad you're okay unnie. 

Jisoo gives the younger girl a heartwarming smile. 

Jaehyun: Noona, Lisa noona told me that you won a wheelchair race! Is that true?!

Jisoo releases a laugh and nodded proudly.

Jisoo: I was so fast you couldn't even see me Jaehyun-ah!

Jennie rolled her eyes as she glances at Chaeyoung.

Jennie: She's acting like she won the olympics or something.

The two girls burst into a fit of laughter, leaving everyone else confused.

Suho: A wheelchair race?

Changmin laughs a little before nodding along.

Changmin: Yup. That's how she got that cast that she was sporting on her left arm just a few days ago.

Lisa: Wait till you guys here the best part! Unnie was the only one who got hurt! I mean there were like 12 racers! But Unnie was the only one! Daebak!

Soojoo rolled her eyes.

Soojoo: Typical Jisoo.

Jisoo stick her tongue out at her friend.

Jisoo: You're just jealous you weren't there to race with me!

Soojoo: If I was there, you know that I would've won Sooya!

Jisoo: In your dreams Hong Soojoo!

Changmin: Okay, okay. Enough you two. Let's just all go enjoy the meal that Suho has prepared for us.

Jennie: That is a great idea Oppa.

Everyone nodded in agreement before heading off towards the kitchen. Jisoo held out her hand to Jaehyun and gave him a small smile.

Jisoo: Would you please do me the favor of guiding me to the kitchen Dr. Jaehyun? 

Jaehyun puffs out his chest as he returns Jisoo a nod of assurance.

Jaehyun: You can count on me Noona.

Chaeyoung and Jennie giggles as they watched Jaehyun struggle with guiding Jisoo's clumsy self into the kitchen.

Chaeyoung turns to Jennie, a knowing look on her face.

Chaeyoung: She complained about us, didn't she.

Jennie smiled before nodding her head.

Jennie: She called you ungrateful.

Chaeyoung shakes her head as she releases another laugh.

Chaeyoung: Typical Jisoo unnie.

Jennie nodded before pulling the younger girl along with her.

Jennie: Let's go celebrate Christmas Chaeng-ah.

 

•••

 

After dinner, Chaeyoung and Lisa had went off to set up the Christmas tree with Jaehyun. On the other hand, both Changmin and Suho were trying to convince Soojoo to go on a blind date.

Jennie approached Jisoo who was sitting on the couch by herself.

The older girl seemed to be lost in her thoughts as she stares at the night sky through her window.

Jennie: Hey. Is this spot taken?

Jisoo glances over, her face breaks into a grin as soon as her eyes lands on Jennie's face.

Jisoo: I was saving it for you.

Jennie returns the older girl's smile as she moves to sit down besides her.

Jennie: What were you thinking about Jisoo?

Jisoo releases a sigh as she glances back at the sky.

Jisoo: Just things that has happened this year. I mean a lot has happened.

Jennie smiled sadly.

Jennie: It has hasn't it.

Jisoo nodded as she turns back to face Jennie.

Jisoo: I mean, I never would've thought that I would be sitting here with you this Christmas. I figured that I would've been lucky if you were to even agree on going on a date with me today.

Jennie laughs lightly as she slowly intertwined her hand with Jisoo's.

Jennie: I'm here now.

Jisoo's eyes glazed over with tears as she stares at their intertwined hands.

Jisoo: We got married... You found out everything that I've tried to hide for the past 4 years... and now, you no longer hate me...

Jisoo glances up at Jennie's face and beamed a smile at her.

Jisoo: It's a Christmas miracle.

Tears made its way down Jennie's face as she looks into Jisoo's eyes.

Jennie: You're my Christmas miracle, Jisoo. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. The best wish I could ever wish for. The only present that I want... And there's no one else that I would rather spend this Christmas, or even the rest of my life with. 

Jisoo smiles lovingly at Jennie's words.

Jisoo: You definitely know how to make a person's heart flutter Jennie Kim.

Jennie raises her eyebrow cutely as she smirks at Jisoo.

Jennie: Am I making your heart flutter?

Jisoo shakes her head as she continues to stare into the younger's eyes.

Jisoo: No... You make my heart feel like it's about to explode... you make my heart feel like it's about to leap out of my chest... you make my heart love you more and more each day, Jennie Kim.

Jennie smiled blissfully as she takes something out from behind her. It was a little box wrapped into a present. 

Jennie: Merry Christmas Chu~

Jisoo smiles as she gazed at the present in Jennie's hand.

Jisoo: What is it?

Jennie shrugged her shoulders, as she anticipated for Jisoo to open the present.

The older girl chuckled happily before unwrapping the little box. Jisoo releases a gasp as soon as her eyes fell upon the ring inside. 

The ring was similar to the Cartier ring that she had designed for Jennie. 

Jisoo: Jennie-ah...

Jennie: Thought I should get you a matching ring as well.

Jisoo lets out a small laugh as a tear slips from her eye.

Jisoo: I love it.

Jennie smiled as she takes the ring out of its box. 

Jennie: Let me wear it for you.

Jisoo looks down as she watches the younger girl slip the ring onto her finger. Raising it up, she smiles at it fondly.

Jisoo: I love it.

Jennie returns the Jisoo's smile as she looks at the ring on the older girl's hand. Jisoo turns back towards Jennie with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Jisoo: I have a present for you too Jennie-ah.

Jennie furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

Jennie: You do?

Jisoo nodded. 

Jisoo: Close your eyes first. 

Jennie pouted.

Jennie: Do I have to?

Jisoo laughed a bit as she nodded. Jennie lets out a sigh before closing her eyes.

Jisoo made sure that the younger girl's eyes were truly closed before carefully taking a mistletoe out of her pocket.

She smiles to herself before holding the mistletoe over both their heads.

Jisoo: You can open you eyes now Jendeuk-ah.

Jennie opens her eyes to see Jisoo's raised arm. Glancing up, she spots the mistletoe dangling from Jisoo's delicate fingers.

Jisoo: Merry Christmas.

Jennie looks back into Jisoo's eyes as the older girl slowly leans in for a kiss. Jennie smiled as she closes her eyes. When she couldn't feel Jisoo's lips, Jennie opened her eyes to see that the older girl was struggling with the cast on her leg. 

Jennie releases a light giggle as she stares adoringly at her wife.

Jennie: What are you doing Jisoo?

Jisoo shoots Jennie an embarrassed look.

Jisoo: Sorry, my cast is making things a little difficult for us. But if--

Jennie rolled her eyes before leaning over to kiss Jisoo herself, cutting the older girl off from her sentence. Jisoo smiled as grabs onto Jennie's face and deepens the kiss.