Chapter 40

Don't Deserve You

 

Chaeyoung and Lisa walked into the room the next morning to find Jisoo and Jennie sleeping together on the hospital bed.

Chaeyoung nudges her girlfriend who had taken out her camera to snap a photo of the sleeping couple.

Walking over towards the bed, Lisa decided to wake up them up.

Lisa: WASSUP WASSUP MAN! LET'S GO, LET'S GO!

The two were startled awake, with Jennie punching Jisoo's injured arm, causing the older girl to scream in pain.

Chaeyoung's eyes widened as she ran over to check on her friend. Lisa on the other hand was cracking up under Jennie's deathly glare.

Chaeyoung: Unnie, are you okay?

Jisoo: Ahh, I think I'm gonna die.

Jennie reverts her attention back to the older girl.

Jennie: I'm so sorry Jisoo I didn't mean to. 

Jisoo releases a groan of pain before giving Jennie a reassuring smile.

Jisoo: With a punch like that, I guess I don't have to be worried whenever you go out by yourself anymore.

Jennie pouted as she continues to fuss over Jisoo's arm.

Jennie: Stop joking around, and stay still.

Chaeyoung shook her head, as she gazed at the cast.

Chaeyoung: I'm gonna go get Changmin Oppa. I can't tell if your arm is bruising with this cast on.

Jisoo winced slightly before rolling her eyes at Chaeyoung. 

Jisoo: I'm fine Chaeng-ah. You don't have to bother Chang Oppa.

Jennie: Shut up Jisoo. You're clearly still in pain.

Lisa finally calmed herself down and walked back over to Jisoo. 

Lisa: Sorry Unnie. I couldn't resist.

Jisoo: I'm gonna get you back for that one Limario.

Lisa releases a soft chuckle and shook her head. 

Chaeyoung glances at Jennie and Lisa and nodded towards Jisoo.

Chaeyoung: Can you guys take care of her? I'm gonna go find oppa.

Jennie nodded and Lisa returned an okay sign, causing Chaeyoung to roll her eyes. She gave Jisoo one last glance before walking out to find Changmin.

Jennie turns back towards Jisoo worriedly.

Jennie: Is your arm okay? 

Jisoo: I'm fine Jendeuk-ah. Stop fussing so much, you're starting to sound like Chaeyoung.

Jennie pouted.

Jennie: I was just worried—

Jisoo: And I'm telling you that I'm fine. It's just a little punch. I've handled much worse.

Although Jisoo's comment was meant to comfort Jennie, it had only made her remember what Jisoo had went through for her.

Blinking back her tears, Jennie started making her way towards the door. 

Jisoo: Hey where are you going? Are you mad?

Jennie: I'll be right back. I have to go g-get some coffee. Lisa take care of her.

Lisa: You got it.

Without another glance, Jennie had left the room. However Jisoo wasn't convinced. She knew that something was up with her wife's behavior, she just didn't know what it was.

Jisoo: Does she seem weird to you?

Lisa glances at Jisoo before taking a seat by the latter's bed.

Lisa: Who, Jennie Unnie?

Jisoo nodded. 

Lisa: I don't know. She seemed fine to me.

Lisa's words didn't seem to convince Jisoo. She could tell that something was bothering Jennie, she just had to figure out what it was. Because after what had happened last night, she wasn't taking any chances.

 

•••

 

Jennie made her way towards the hospital's rooftop before finally allowing her tears to fall.

No matter how many times Jisoo had told her that it wasn't her fault, she still wasn't able to forgive herself.

Of course it was her fault. 

Deep down, she knew that everything is her fault. Everyone knew that it was her fault. But once again, Jennie Kim just had to have the people around her protect her.

How could she allow herself to be with Jisoo, while knowing that she herself was the cause behind the suffering that the older girl had endured all this time?

Jennie closed her eyes tightly as more tears continued to fall down her face. 

She raises a fist up and started pounding it against her chest. 

Jennie: Stupid...stupid...stupid...

Jennie hated herself. She had left Jisoo to go through everything by herself. She had left when Jisoo had needed her most. The older girl had gone through the pain of losing Jennie and both of her parents in the same month.

Jennie: I must be the worst person ever. She's waited for me for 4 years... She let me... she let me hate her all this time.... while I was happily with Hanbin...

Jennie laughed bitterly through her tears as she continued to beat at her chest.

Unbeknownst to Jennie, the door to the rooftop opens. Chaeyoung made her way towards the crying girl and knelt down besides her.

Chaeyoung: Jennie unnie. 

Jennie glances up to find the younger girl staring at her with pitiful eyes. 

Jennie: How...why are you here? H-how did you find me?

Chaeyoung: Jisoo unnie told me to come check on you. She thought that something was bothering you, and I guess she was right.

Jennie laughed bitterly.

Jennie: I don't deserve her... 

Chaeyoung: What are you talking about?

Jennie: How can she love someone like me? She...she deserves someone so much better... All I've ever done... is hurt her time and time again. Jisoo is better off without me...

Chaeyoung stares at the broken girl crying in front of her with empathy. This was what Jisoo was trying to prevent.

She finally understood why the older girl had been so hesitant to tell Jennie the truth.

Chaeyoung: Do you honestly really think that?

Jennie glances up at the younger girl, her expression puzzled.

Chaeyoung: Do you think that Jisoo unnie has waited for you all these years, just for you to think like this? Why do think she's been trying to hide everything from you? She was afraid that you would be like this.

Jennie closes her eyes, ignoring Chaeyoung's words.

Jennie: You don't understand Ch--

Chaeyoung: No. I understand everything perfectly well. It's you, who doesn't understand Jennie Kim. Jisoo unnie loves you. You might think that she deserves someone better, but the truth is, the only person she's ever wanted and needed is you. Don't you love her enough to see that?

Jennie shook her head as the tears rolled down the side of her face. 

Jennie: It doesn't matter how much I may love her. It doesn't matter how much she loves me. What matters is that Jisoo is happy... and the only way to ensure her happiness, is if I'm no longer in her life.

Chaeyoung releases a disbelieved scoff.

Chaeyoung: And you think that unnie will be happy without you? How could you be so blind unnie?!Don't you see? You are the reason for her happiness! Jisoo Unnie is happiest when she is with you! If you were to leave her, unnie would lose her mind!

Jennie: I-I don't want to keep hurting her... I've already done enough harm towards her...

Chaeyoung's expression softens as she places her hand on the older girl's shoulder.

Chaeyoung: You aren't gonna hurt her Unnie. Jisoo unnie has kept this from you all this time because she was afraid that you would act like this. Don't let her suffering go to waste. Stay by her side... because all she needs is you. You are her happiness.

Jennie glances at Chaeyoung, her face stained with tears.

Jennie: Shouldn't you hate me Chaeyoung-ah? Why... why are you doing this for me?

Chaeyoung: Because... I understand how you feel Unnie. I hate the fact that you had hurt Jisoo all these years, but I understand it wasn't your fault. I shouldn't have blamed you for everything that had happened, it was my fault. But you have to know that the reason I had decided to tell you the truth was because I want Jisoo unnie to be happy. I want you both to be happy. So please, don't leave Jisoo unnie. She needs you.

Jennie closes her eyes as she takes in a deep breath.

Jennie: I love her... so much.

Chaeyoung smiles softly.

Chaeyoung: Then show her how much you love her Unnie. You have my full support.

Jennie wipes away her tears and gives Chaeyoung a genuine smile.

Jennie: Can you do me a favor and not tell Jisoo about this Chaeyoung-ah? I don't want her to worry.

Chaeyoung nodded.

Chaeyoung: Don't worry Unnie. I won't tell her.

Jennie: Thanks Chae.

Chaeyoung smiles and extended her arms out.

Chaeyoung: Come here Unnie.

Jennie returns her smile and moves into the younger girl's embrace.

Jennie: Thank you for supporting me Chaeyoung-ah. Jisoo is lucky to have a friend like you. And I'm glad that Lisa had met you. You're the only person who could handle her.

Chaeyoung chuckles softly.

Chaeyoung: I feel the same way Unnie. Thank you for staying by Jisoo unnie's side. 

 

•••

 

Jisoo sat on her bed as she stares intensely at Jennie as the latter was busy peeling the oranges.

Jennie: You're staring at me again Jisoo. Why?

Jisoo: I almost lost you. So now I'm gonna try and capture every feature of your face so that if something were to happen--

Jennie: Stop.

Jennie sets down the orange in her hand before focusing her attention on Jisoo.

Jennie: Stop speaking nonsense. Nothing like this is ever gonna happen again. I won't allow it.

Jisoo smiles softly at Jennie as she brushes a strand of hair away from the younger's face.

Jisoo: Life is unpredictable Jennie-ah, anything could happen... And when it does, I want to feel assured that I would always be able to remember your face.

Jennie: I won't let you forget me.

Jisoo lifts up her eyebrow questioningly.

Jisoo: So will you promise to never give up on me? Even when everything may seem hopeless? Will you promise to always love me even when it seems like I'm going down the wrong path?

Jennie took Jisoo's uninjured hand and held it up against her face, feeling the warmth of the older girl's skin against her's.

Jennie: I promise, that from now on, I will never ever let you go. Even if one day you decide that I'm not worth it anymore, I'll still hold on to your love for me. I promise that I'll never give up on us.

Jisoo smiles lovingly at her beautiful wife. At this moment in her life, she wasn't even sure if she could love Jennie anymore than she does now. No amount of love in this world could compare to the love that she felt for Jennie Kim.

Jisoo leans forward and plants a soft kiss onto the younger girl's forehead.

Jisoo: I love you Jennie-ah. Don't ever forget that.

Jennie smiles as she glances up at Jisoo's face, taking in every aspect of her gentle goddess like features.

Jennie: You are the most important person in my life Jisoo. I'm so lucky to have found you in my life.

Jisoo plants another kiss on Jennie's forehead.

Jisoo: And I'm lucky to have you Jendeuk-ah.

Jennie moves Jisoo's hand away from her face before laying her head down onto the older girl's lap.

Jennie: Tell me Jisoo-yah. If you weren't the CEO of Dream, what would you want to be?

Jisoo ponders on the question for a bit before deciding on an answer.

Jisoo: I'd be a writer.

Jennie furrows her eyebrows in confusion due to the latter's unexpected response.

Jennie: Why a writer?

Jisoo removes her hand from Jennie's grasp as she began to the younger's hair.

Jisoo: Because if I was a writer, I would be able to write my own story. I'd give it a happy ending, just like how I want our story to end.

Jennie: ...Do you think that our story will have a happy ending?

Jisoo smiles softly as she stops Jennie's hair and rested her hand on the younger's head.

Jisoo: I don't know... But I'll wish upon every star in the universe for our happy ending; the ending where you will always be by my side.

 

•••

 

*glass shattering*

Hanbin stood inside his father's study as blood dripped down from his forehead.

He glances up at the older man through the blood that now stained his eyelashes.

Hanbin: Please forgive me Abeoji.

Abeoji: FORGIVE YOU?! YOU HAD ONE JOB!!

Hanbin bowed even lower, not minding the blood that now dripped down onto the floor.

Hanbin: Everything was so unexpected Abeoji. I didn't plan for that car accident to happen—

Abeoji: WELL IT DID! YOU SAID THAT AS SOON AS YOU SEPARATE THAT KIM JENNIE FROM JISOO THEN YOU WOULD EXECUTE THE PLAN! NOW LOOK, YOU EVEN FAILED AT YOUR OWN PLAN, HOW CAN I TRUST YOU TO CARRY OUT MINE?!

Hanbin: Abeoji please, just give me one more chance! I promise—

The older man slammed his fist onto the desk lividly.

Abeoji: I'VE GIVEN YOU TOO MANY CHANCES BOY! I REFUSE TO LET YOU RUIN MY ONE CHANCE OF GETTING KIM JIYONG TO PAY!

Hanbin dropped down to his knees, as he bowed down to the furious man.

Hanbin: Please Abeoji! Give me one last chance to prove myself to you!

The elderly man made his way over towards Hanbin before kneeling down in front of him.

Abeoji: I've given you so many chances. When are you finally gonna give me the outcome that I want?

Hanbin kept his head bowed.

Hanbin: One last chance Abeoji! I promise that I won't let you down this time.

Hanbin's father gazes at him untrustingly as he stood up.

Abeoji: How do I know that you won't fail me again?!

Hanbin: Because I know what I'm fighting for this time.

The older man stares at Hanbin amusedly as he ponders upon the idea.

Abeoji: And what might that be?

Hanbin: I'm fighting for Jennie's love. And I'm gonna make Kim Jisoo pay for everything she has taken from me.

Abeoji: Lift your head up.

Hanbin obliges to his father's command and lifts up his bloodstained head.

Abeoji: I'm willing to trust you one last time.

Hanbin: Thank you sir.

Abeoji: But we're making certain changes to the plan... I need to make sure that there shall be no flaws in this plan. I don't need another failure, or any kind of hindrance.

Hanbin: Tell me what you need me to do Abeoji.

The older man's face morphs into a devilish smirk as he looks down upon Hanbin.

Abeoji: I need you to find me a certain man... by the name of Jung Il Woo.

 

•••

 

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE! 🥂🎊🎊🎊🍾

2018 has been quite a year. I've made friends through writing this story, and I hope to make many more in 2019. You guys are amazing and I'm really grateful for every single one of you. Thank you for sticking with me and for reading my crappy writing. 👌😂

I hope that you will all have an amazing new year in 2019 🥳❤️🥰