Chapter 45

Don't Deserve You

 

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! <3 I hope you all have had or will have an amazing Valentine's Day, whether if it's with your significant other, family, friends, or even by yourself lol. :) I just wanna say that I love you guys so much and that I really appreciate every single one of you who reads my story. xoxo

Hope you'll enjoy the read! ;)

 

•••

 

Jisoo stood outside the entrance of Jeguk Hotel as she hesitates to head inside.

She already had a bad feeling about this.

Ever since her breakdown yesterday, Jennie and Chaeyoung has been giving her worried looks. They constantly asked her what was going on, in which she always found a way to dodge their questions.

She didn't want to burden them with her problems.

Not yet.

Not when she's still unsure of what she would find out. If it was true that her parents' death wasn't caused by an accident, she didn't want to possibly put them at risk.

Taking a deep breath, she forced her legs to move as she walked inside the hotel.

Jisoo glances around the lobby as she looks for anyone suspicious, when her phone starts to ring. She took a second to look at the screen before answering.

Jisoo: Hello?

Caller: Are you here?

Jisoo: I'm in the main lobby.

Caller: Come to room 302b.

Without waiting another second, Jisoo made her way towards the elevator.

 

•••

 

Jisoo knocked on the door. After a few moments, the door opens, revealing a man in his late forties.

The man standing before Jisoo, was none other than Jung Il Woo. He stares at her with pity, a grim look painted on his face. 

Il Woo: Kim Jisoo-shi?

Jisoo nodded as she cautiously watched the elder man. Il Woo glances around the hallway, making sure that no one was in sight, before ushering Jisoo inside.

He closes the door and gestures for Jisoo to take a seat.

Il Woo: Would you like anything to drink?

Jisoo: Do you really think I'm in the mood for a drink right now?

Il Woo releases a sigh as he took a seat across from Jisoo.

Jisoo: Tell me. What was the reason behind my parents' death?

Il Woo looks into Jisoo's pleading eyes as he pushed down the building guilt gnawing at his heart. Taking a deep breath, he nodded before taking out a copy of the newspaper written about the accident.

Il Woo: Do you remember the story that you had been told? The story that the authorities had told you about the accident?

Jisoo nodded.

Jisoo: They said that the wheels on my parents' car lost traction, and so they had drove off the ledge.

Il Woo releases a sigh.

Il Woo: That wasn't the true story... It was just a cover up for what had actually happened.

Jisoo watches as the elder man picked up the newspaper and points at a spot on the picture.

Il Woo: Look at the tracks marks, your parent's car hadn't been the only one at the crime scene. 

Jisoo gazes at where Il Woo was pointing and noticed that the elder man was right. The track marks in the photo couldn't have been made by just one car.

Jisoo: You're telling me that someone drove into my parents' car and forced them off the ledge?

Il Woo nodded grimly.

Il Woo: It was hidden from everyone that there were actually two cars at the scene of the accident. The one that your parents were in, and the car that pushed them off the ledge.

Jisoo's hand started trembling as she takes in the new information. Blinking back her tears she glances up at Il Woo with a murderous glare.

Jisoo: Who was it? Who was the person in the car?

Il Woo hesitates to answer as he looks at Jisoo's state. The younger had already been shaken up as it is. She wouldn't be able to handle it, if he were to tell her everything. 

Feeling herself run out of patience, Jisoo slammed her fist onto the table in rage.

Jisoo: Tell me!

Il Woo shakes his head as he gave in. He was doing this for the safety of his family. He was doing the right thing by his son and his wife.

Il Woo: ...Kim Jiyong.... It was Kim Jiyong.

Jisoo's face morphs into a disbelieved expression as soon as the words had left the elder man's mouth.

Jisoo: What?

The crack of the younger girl's voice didn't go unnoticed by Il Woo. He gazes into her tear-filled eyes as he leans in closer.

Il Woo: Kim Jiyong is the man who had killed your parents. 

Il Woo takes out a set of documents that proved that the track marks in the photo were made by the car driven by Kim Jiyong. 

Jisoo was left speechless. 

Jisoo: You're lying... YOU'RE ING LYING!

Il Woo: I'm sorry Jisoo-shi... 

Jisoo: SHUT UP! It's not true! Why would he do that?! It doesn't make sense! It..it doesn't make any ing sense!

Il Woo: I wish it wasn't Jisoo-shi... but Kim Jiyong is the man who had killed your parents. 

Jisoo: It doesn't add up... why... why would he...

Il Woo: I know that it's difficult for you to believe that any of this is true. But haven't you ever thought about why he and his wife had moved to live in New Zealand? And so suddenly with just only a few weeks after your parents' death?

Jisoo: There's no way... 

Il Woo: It pains me to be the one telling you this Jisoo-shi. Your father was a close friend of mine. We were all friends. Your father, Jiyong, me, and  Seungri.

Jisoo glances up as she gives the elder man a questioning look.

Jisoo: U-uncle Seungri?

Il Woo nodded.

Jisoo: H-he knew the truth this whole time?

Il Woo: He knew everything.

Jisoo: Then... why... why didn't he tell me? Why did he let me believe that parents had died in an accident! He had let the murder roam free for all this time!

Il Woo: He had no choice. Jiyong had threatened him. He had threatened both of us. We couldn't do anything but obey his orders. 

Jisoo shook her head, not wanting to believe what the elder man was telling her.

Jisoo: It's not true. It can't be him... 

Il Woo: I'm sorry Jisoo... when the press found out about the truth, they had printed it out on these newspapers. But before they were distributed, Jiyong had paid them to destroy everything related to his involvement in the accident. He used his power to manipulate the authorities to follow along with his plans. Luckily Seungri had been able to gain access to these last few newspapers before they were destroyed.

Jisoo's body began to shake uncontrollably as she feels herself break down in tears.

Jisoo: Stop taking! It can't be true! There has to be some other explanation!

Il Woo: After making sure that Seungi and I would stay silent, Jiyong immediately decided to move over to New Zealand. He wanted to erase any type of evidence that would connect him to your parents' accident. 

Jisoo shook her head, not wanting to accept the truth. 

Jisoo: No...

l Woo heaves out a weary sigh as he stares at the younger with pity.

Il Woo: I'm sorry that you have to hear this Jisoo-shi. But what's true is true. I know... that your wife is the daughter of Jiyong. I understand that it must be difficult for you to hear this—

Jisoo: Shut up! You don't understand anything! There's... there's no way...

Jisoo squeezes her eyes shut as a of pain erupted in her head. She releases an agonized scream as the pain intensified. 

Il Woo worriedly stands up from his seat as he approaches the younger worriedly.

Il Woo: Jisoo-shi! Are you okay?!

Jisoo tried to speak up, but the pain was too much for her to bare. All she could do was shake her head as fresh tears started to form in her eyes.

Il Woo: What's wrong?! Where does it hurt?!

Jisoo: ...I-it's... m-my head... It w-won't s-stop hurting...

Il Woo began to panic as he reached for his phone, getting ready to dial 911.

Il Woo: Let me call an ambulance.

Jisoo grabbed the elder's arm and stopped him from calling. 

Jisoo: No... I-I have some medicine i-in my p-pocket.

At Jisoo's words, Il Woo immediately rummages through the younger's pockets before pulling out a small container of pills a few seconds later. He quickly took out two pills and fed it to Jisoo. 

It took a bit of time before the medicine could take its effect. But after a few minutes, the pounding pain in Jisoo's head had subsided to a dull throb.

Il Woo: How are you feeling Jisoo-shi?

Jisoo nodded, indicating that she was okay. Il Woo releases a relieved sigh and wipes off the sweat from his brow.

Il Woo: I'm sorry that you have to find out this way. I know that I can't possibly understand what you're going through right now... But I do know how hard it is to do something you don't want to do. I know it's hard for you to accept that your wife's father is the one who killed your parents... However my purpose was to tell you the truth, and that is exactly what I did. What you plan to do with this information is entirely up to you Jisoo-shi.

Jisoo glances at Il Woo, her tears clouding her vision. She gives him nod of understanding before taking one last look at the documents on the table.

Standing up from her spot, she glances down at Il Woo and gives him a curt nod. 

Jisoo: Thank you. For telling me the truth. 

Il Woo: I'm so sorry Jisoo-shi. 

Jisoo's eyes glazed over for a bit before morphing into a cold, unfaltering glare.

Jisoo: Don't be. You only told me what I needed to know. 

Without sparing the elder man another glance, Jisoo immediately made her way out the room. 

 

•••

 

Jisoo stared out into the vast open sea as the waves came up and splashed against the fabric of her pants. The cold water spilled into her shoes and seeped through her socks. After the encounter with Il Woo, she couldn't bare to face the reality of everything. She decided to drive out towards the beach in order to gather her thoughts. 

Jisoo massaged the area around her chest as if she could try to ease the pain in her heart in some way. Her chest started to tighten, as if all the air was being out of her lungs. The news had shocked her beyond comprehension. She couldn't bare to wrap her mind around the fact that it was Jennie's father. 

Jennie's father was the one who had caused her parents' death. The father of the woman that she loved. What kind of cruel fate is this? 

Jisoo laughed bitterly to herself as tears streamed down her face. With all that she had, Jisoo released a heart wrenching wail filled with pain, grief, and anger. She collapsed onto the ground and pulls her knees towards her chest, looking like a lost child.

Jisoo: Why is it him? Why did it have to be him? 

Jisoo continued to weep over her parents' death. She needed to make that person pay. She didn't care who he was. All that she cared about was avenging her parents' death. Her phone started to ring, however she didn't answer it, already knowing who the caller was. 

Jennie had been trying to call her all afternoon, but Jisoo had chose to ignore her wife's every call. She glances down at her phone when it had stopped ringing. 

'238 missed calls.'

Another text message from Jennie popped onto her screen. 

'Call me back Jisoo. I'm worried.'

Jisoo frustratedly ran both of her hands through her hair as she releases a strained sigh.

Jisoo: What am I gonna do about Jennie?

No matter how hard she tried, Jisoo can't bring herself to hate Jennie. She loved her wife too much. 

But how she still be able love someone who's the daughter of her parents' murderer? How was she supposed to act normal around Jennie after knowing about what the latter's father had done?

 

•••

 

Jennie paced back and forth worriedly as she waited for Jisoo to come home. It was 1:00 in the morning and yet her wife still hasn't been back. Jennie tried calling everyone who would have an idea as to where the older girl was, but no one had a clue. 

It wasn't like Jisoo to come home so late. It was even more unlike her to not answer any of Jennie's calls. She couldn't help but think that something had happened to the older girl. 

She had voiced her concerns to Lisa over the phone, but the younger had only told her that she was worrying too much. 

Just as Jennie was about to call Jisoo once more, the front door opened, revealing the drained face of her wife. Jennie lets out a sigh of relief upon seeing that her wife was finally home, safe and sound.

Jennie: Jisoo...

Jennie rushed over and reached for Jisoo's arm. However, to her surprise the older girl had pulled back. Despite her confusion, Jennie brushed it off and gives Jisoo a worried look.

Jennie: Are you okay Jisoo? You haven't answered my phone all day. I was worried sick. Where have you been?

Jisoo shook her head.

Jisoo: I'm tired Jennie. Let's talk about this tomorrow. I'm gonna go to bed. 

Before Jennie could utter another word, Jisoo had already walked away and made her way up towards the stairs. As Jisoo passed by her, Jennie noticed the pungent smell of alcohol coming off from the older girl. Jennie stares worriedly at her wife's figure before turning around to close the door. 

Something was definitely wrong. Jisoo almost never drinks, not even when it's for business. Jennie knew that her wife wasn't a heavy drinker, but yet Jisoo had come home today, possibly drinking more than one bottle, seeing that the smell of alcohol had been so strong.

She shakes her head, and heaves out a tired sigh as she goes to turn off all the lights around the house before making her way upstairs as well. Upon opening the door to her room, she was shocked to see that Jisoo wasn't there. Turning around she went towards the older girl's room to find her wife fast asleep on her own bed. 

Jennie: Why is she sleeping here today?

Puzzled, Jennie quietly closed the door to Jisoo's room and trudged back to her own room. Something was definitely not right. Jisoo was acting so strange. It wasn't like her. Jennie knew she had to get to the bottom of this tomorrow, when the both them has had a good night's sleep.  When Jisoo's head is cleared up from the alcohol, and Jennie's brain isn't craving for sleep.

Letting out a yawn, Jennie turned off her night lamp before heading to bed.