Chapter 12

Don't Deserve You

 

After their conversation, both Jisoo and Jaehyun had sat in silence enjoying each other's company. 

"Jaehyun!"

The 2 looked around to find the owner of whom the voice belonged to. Jaehyun's face lit up as soon as he spotted his mother approaching them. He nudged Jisoo and pointed towards his mother's direction.

Jaehyun: Noona, that's my Eomma.

Before she could reply, Jaehyun had hopped off the chair and rushed over to his mom, excited to introduce her to his new friend.

The young boy basically dragged her over just as Jisoo stood up from her seat. She bowed to Jaehyun's mom as a sign of greeting and respect, in which the other woman returned.

Jisoo: Annyeonhaseyo, I'm Jaehyunnie's new friend, Kim Jisoo.

Jaehyun's mom looked down at the face of her son who was currently beaming from ear to ear.

Mrs. Jung (Jaehyun's mom): Annyeonhaseyo. I'm so sorry if Jaehyun happened to bother you Jisoo-shi.

Jisoo immediately denied the older woman's intuitions.

Jisoo: Oh no, Jaehyun didn't bother me at all Mrs. Jung. But I do actually have something to ask you.

Mrs. Jung raised her eyebrows questioningly, wondering what Jisoo has to say. Before Jisoo said anything though, she had turned and glanced down at Jaehyun.

Jisoo: Jaehyun-ah, can you please sit down right here while I discuss something with your mother?

Jaehyun nodded and obediently sat down in the chair he once previously sat in.

Jisoo then pulled Mrs. Jung to the side and cleared before speaking.

Jisoo: Okay Mrs. Jung, I know this may come off as surprising and impossible to you but...

She paused a second before continuing.

Jisoo: ...I'm proposing to you that I am willing to help your family with the money that you need for Jaehyun's heart transplant.

To say that Mrs. Jung was shocked was an understatement, the woman actually didn't even know what to say or even how to respond.

Mrs. Jung: But I don't understand... W-Wha..what...W-why...wh? 

The older woman paused to gather her thoughts before whispering out her question.

Mrs. Jung: Why are you doing this? 

Jisoo gave her an empathetic smile.

Jisoo: I just want to help Jaehyun continue living his life. He's a young boy who has big heart, and he doesn't deserve any of this. 

Mrs. Jung: But we're complete strangers, I've never done anything for you. Why... why are you willing to help us?

Jisoo took a glance towards Jaehyun before turning back to his mother.

Jisoo: I've grown quite fond of your son. Like I said before, he's a kid who has a big heart, and I want to help him in any way I can. A kid like him has bright future ahead... he reminds me of someone I know.

Mrs. Jung shook her head.

Mrs. Jung: As much as I appreciate your offer Jisoo-shi, I can't accept it. Our family can't afford to go into any debt right now. We have no way of repaying you.

Jisoo: No, no, you've got it all wrong Mrs. Jung. I don't want anything in return. I'm only doing this out of my own intentions and free will. Please accept my offer.

Mrs. Jung: Jisoo-shi you are too kind. But I'm sorry I refuse to accept. It is not right of me to accept your offer. 

Jisoo: And I'm not taking no for an answer Mrs. Jung.

The older woman looked at Jisoo, her expression awestruck.

Mrs. Jung: I don't know Jisoo-shi, this just isn't right I—

Jisoo took ahold of both the woman's hands in her own before she was even able to finish her sentence.

Jisoo: Mrs. Jung, I know how you feel; but I want Jaehyun to live as much as you do. Please let me do this for him.

Mrs. Jung looked up into Jisoo's eyes, and all she saw was the sincerity of the younger girl wanting to help Jaehyun.

Mrs. Jung started to tear up and completely broke down moments after out of happiness and gratitude. 

Mrs. Jung: Thank you so much. Thank you Jisoo-shi.  Thank you for blessing Jaehyun with your generosity.

Jisoo smiled brightly, thankful that Jaehyun's mom had accepted her offer. Suddenly the older woman got down on her knees, in which Jisoo immediately followed.

Jisoo: Mrs. Jung, what are you doing? Please get up.

Mrs. Jung: Thank you, thank you for saving my little boy. My family and I are forever indebted to you. My husband and I are eternally grateful.

Jisoo: Please don't do this Mrs. Jung. I should be the one thanking you for letting me help save Jaehyun's life. So please get up. 

Jisoo helped the older woman up and pulled her in for a hug. 

Jisoo: My hospital room is at the top floor in room 904, so if you ever need to discuss anything with me, you're welcome to come up anytime.

Mrs. Jung smiled.

Mrs. Jung: Thank you.

Jisoo: And please bring Jaehyun to visit, it often gets a little lonely by myself up there. 

Mrs. Jung: I think he would like that. 

Jisoo laughed softly.

Jisoo: About the surgery, you and your husband can discuss about when you want to have it take place. And then after just come find me, or give me a call, and we'll talk to his doctor about the hospital bills and money for the transplant.

Mrs. Jung teared up once more, unable to comprehend the fact that her son was finally gonna be okay. 

For years she and her husband have been saving up every thing they can in order to pay for Jaehyun's  surgery. But yet they still can't seem to even save up as much as half the money needed.

She took ahold of Jisoo's hands and gave it a tight squeeze.

Mrs. Jung: My husband and I have no idea how we'll ever be able to repay you. But I just want to say thank you. You truly are an angel sent from heaven to us Jisoo-shi. Thank you.

Jisoo: No need to thank me Mrs. Jung, like I said, it was my pleasure.

Suddenly Jaehyun came over to where the two were standing.

Jaehyun: Eomma, I'm hungry.

Mrs. Jung smiled at her son and patted his head.

Mrs. Jung: Alright honey, just hold on a second okay.

The little boy nodded.

Mrs. Jung: I think it's about time that we leave. Once again, thank you Jisoo-shi

Jisoo: Goodbye Mrs. Jung, I'll see you some other time.

Mrs. Jung turned to Jaehyun.

Mrs. Jung: Jaehyun-ah, say goodbye to Jisoo noona.

Jaehyun looked up at Jisoo and gave her his cute eye smile before walking over to hug her.

Jaehyun: Goodbye Doctor Chu. I, Doctor Jae, promise that I will come visit you often so that you can tell me all your problems!

Jisoo ruffled his hair.

Jisoo: Yes, thank you Doctor. I am honored that you are so considerate towards me. 

Pulling away, she knelt down to Jaehyun's height.

Jisoo: I'll see you another time Jaehyun-ah. Remember, no more crying okay. Just let me solve all your problems.

Jaehyun laughed.

Jaehyun: I promise, no more crying.

Jisoo raised her pinky and wiggled it in the air.

Jisoo: Pinky promise?

Jaehyun: Pinky promise.

The younger hooked his pinky to Jisoo's and brightly smiled at her.

Mrs. Jung smiled at how happy her son looked, and was once again thankful for Jisoo's presence. She grabbed Jaehyun's hand as Jisoo got up from her position.

Mrs. Jung: Goodbye Jisoo-shi.

Jisoo: Bye Mrs. Jung, and please don't be so formal with me, just Jisoo is fine.

Mrs. Jung smiled.

Mrs. Jung: We'll get going then.

Jisoo returned the latter's smile and waved goodbye to Jaehyun.

Jisoo: Bye Jaehyun.

Jaehyun: Goodbye noona.

Jisoo watched the 2 leave before turning around and headed to her room. 

 

•••

 

Walking along side the lake at Seoul National Park were Jennie and Hanbin. 

Hanbin had planned for the 2 to come here on a date in order to ease Jennie's stress due to working on the resort.

Hanbin turned to his girlfriend and gazed at her lovingly.

Hanbin: Are you enjoying yourself Jennie-ah?

Jennie smiled back at him and nodded.

Jennie: Thank you Binnie. For planning this for me even when you already have a lot on your plate.

Hanbin leaned in and kissed her forehead.

Hanbin: You don't have to thank me Jen. You're probably even more busy than I am these days with the resort coming close to being finished.

Jennie: But still, you've also been busy lately. I just want to thank my lovely boyfriend for being so considerate of me.

Hanbin smirked.

Hanbin: I think I should be awarded with "The Best Boyfriend" award don't you think.

Jennie leaned up and pecked Hanbin's cheek.

Jennie: Of course. My Binnie is the best.

Hanbin smiled and hooked his arm around Jennie's shoulder as they continued to stroll along the park. Jennie's ears suddenly perked up at the sound of an ice cream truck. She turned to Hanbin and gave him a look he knew all too well.

The latter shook his head and chuckled to himself.

Hanbin: What do you want, milk flavored ice-cream?

Jennie nodded her head eagerly, causing Hanbin to smile at how cute she was.

Hanbin: Come on then. Let's go get my Jennie her favorite milk flavored ice-cream.

Hanbin grabbed Jennie's hand and pulled her towards the ice cream truck. Jennie laughed with joy as she ran after him.

 

•••

 

1 week later~

Jennie was currently sitting in her office having mini mental break down about the opening of the resort, which is happening in only a couple of days time.

She didn't know what to do or how to feel. Sure she was excited and proud of herself for accomplishing such a huge task for her family's company, but it still didn't stop the nervousness and worry that grows in her each day. 

'How would the general public react to the resort?'

'Will they be supportive of the new idea, or would they be against it?'

'What if they don't like the project and decide to boycott the whole project? They would have to close it down, and all her handwork for the past 3 months would be thrown down the drain.'

'And what about Jisoo? Jennie still hasn't seen the older in the past 2 weeks. Will she be at the opening ceremony?'

'Like shouldn't she be present, since she and Dream did play a huge role in making this event possible.'

'Jisoo has to show up. Jennie can't do this on her own. She doesn't know if she could handle everything without the help of the older girl.'

Jennie took in a huge breath to calm down her nerves. 

"Everything will be fine." She told herself.

Suddenly the screen of Jennie's phone lit up and started ringing, startling her amidst the silent room.

She picked it up and realized it was her dad. Swiping the screen to answer, she held the phone up to her ear.

Jennie: Hey Dad.

Mr. Kim: Hey Jennie.

Jennie noticed that there was something off about his voice. As if he was tensed up or nervous about something. Thinking she probably imagined it, she brushed it off.

Jennie: How are you and mom?

Mr. Kim: We're fine sweetie. But your mom does miss you a little though.

Jennie abruptly felt guilty after hearing what her father just said.

Jennie: I'm so sorry Dad, I've been so busy preparing for the resort, I haven't been visiting you guys.

Mr. Kim: It's okay Jen, we understand. We're really proud of you by the way. You've grown into the woman that we have always known you would be.

Jennie smiled to herself upon hearing her father's words 

Jennie: Thanks dad, it really means a lot.

Mr. Kim suddenly cleared his throat, as if struggling to say something. Jennie began to worry and wondered what was going on.

Jennie: You okay dad?

After a few seconds of silence, the elder Kim answered.

Mr. Kim: Yeah, everything's fine Jen...

He paused, then continued.

Mr. Kim: Your mother and I were just wondering if we could have dinner together with you tonight. We have something to discuss with you about.

Thinking that it must be something serious, Jennie immediately agreed.

Jennie: Yeah, sure. I'll be there dad.

Mr. Kim: Okay. That's all I wanted to talk to you about honey. 

Jennie: Oh okay then. I guess I'll see you and mom tonight.

Mr. Kim: Sounds great, we'll see you then. Goodbye pumpkin.

Jennie: Bye dad.

Mr. Kim hung up the phone, leaving Jennie to stare at the black screen.

'What was that all about?'

 


 

Hey guys, I finally updated! I'm sorry because it had taken me so long, but school had just started again, and I have college apps and volunteering to do, so it's more difficult for me to find the time write now. Anyways, please bare with me guys. Thanks for reading. xoxo