Chapter 34

Don't Deserve You

 

Jisoo opens the door to the café and gestures for Jennie to enter.

Jisoo: After you my lady.

Jennie rolls her eyes at the older as she enters the warmth of the coffee shop.

Jennie: You're so extra Jichyu. 

Jisoo smiles before following the latter inside.

Jisoo: Only for you Jendeukie.

Jennie releases a scoff as she took a seat at an empty table. 

Jennie: You're an idiot.

Jisoo sits down in front of the younger girl and shoots her a playful smirk.

Jisoo: Only for you Jennie Kim.

Jennie breaks into a soft chuckle as she gently slaps Jisoo's arm. The older girl grinned from ear to ear before picking up the menu.

Jisoo: What do you want to drink Mandu?

Jennie: The usual.

Jisoo signals for a waiter to come by and take their orders.

She orders for Jennie a Pumpkin Spice latte, and a cappuccino for herself.

Turning back towards Jennie, she rested her head on her hand as she gazed at the younger girl admiringly. Jennie glances up from her phone as she breaks into a shy grin.

Jennie: Why are you staring at me Jisoo-ah?

Jisoo's lips lift up into a small smile at the younger's question.

Jisoo: Can't I just sit here and admire my beautiful wife.

Jennie sets down her phone as she copies the older girl's gestures. Jisoo smiles at her and lifts her eyebrow up in question.

Jisoo: Why are you staring at me Jennie-ah?

Jennie: Because I can. Because you're my wife, and I'm the only one who can stare at you like this.

Jisoo lifted her eyebrows up in amazement.

Jisoo: Wow, you're pretty bold today aren't you. Talking to me like this... Ahh~ Jennie Kim, you sure know how to make a woman's heart flutter.

Jennie releases a fit of giggles at Jisoo's teasing. 

"Sooya!"

The two girls turn over to face the person whom the voice belonged to. To Jisoo's bewilderment, the person had been Soojoo.

Jisoo's face beamed at the sight of her friend. Jennie on the other hand seemed unamused.

Jisoo: Jooya!

Jisoo stands up from her seat as she gives Soojoo a hug, in which the latter returns. 

Jisoo: It's great seeing you.

Soojoo: You too. How are you feeling?

Jisoo: I'm doing much better. 

Soojoo smiles upon hearing Jisoo's reply. Noticing Jennie sulking in the corner, she smiles teasingly back at Jisoo. Stepping forward, she extends her arm towards the younger girl.

Soojoo: Hi, I'm Hong Soojoo, Jisoo's friend. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Jennie plasters a smile on her face before accepting Soojoo's gesture.

Jennie: Jennie Kim, Jisoo's wife. The pleasure is all mine.

The two girls shook hands, but unbeknownst to Jisoo, Jennie was busy scrutinizing Soojoo throughout the whole process.

Soojoo turns back to Jisoo and gives the latter a joyful smile. 

Soojoo: How's Chaeyoungie doing? 

Jisoo: She's doing great as well. Hey, do you wanna join us?

Soojoo glances at Jennie before reverting her gaze back on Jisoo.

Soojoo: Would you guys mind? I don't want to interrupt anything.

Jisoo shrugs her shoulders and shifts her attention onto Jennie.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah, do you mind if Soojoo hangs out with us for today?

Jennie subtly rolled her eyes which went unnoticed by the two older girls.

Jennie: Of course I don't. Why would I mind?

Not noticing the sarcasm in Jennie's voice, Jisoo smiles brightly at her friend before gesturing for her to take a seat.

Soojoo on the other hand had already sensed the jealousy radiating off of Jennie. Not wanting to face the younger girl's wrath, Soojoo turn back to face Jisoo.

Soojoo: I just remembered I have something to do. Maybe some other time?

Jisoo pouted in disappointment before giving the latter a gentle smile.

Jisoo: Call me anytime. 

Soojoo smiles back and gives Jisoo one last hug. Turning back towards Jennie, she slightly waves goodbye to the younger girl.

Soojoo: It was nice meeting you Jennie-shi.

Jennie: Same here. 

Soojoo shoots Jisoo one last smile before making her way towards the café's exit. Jisoo watches after the latter's retreating form until she was out of the shop. The waiter brings out the couple's drinks, in which Jisoo hurriedly takes a sip from her cup.

Noticing that Jennie has yet to touch her drink, Jisoo stares worriedly at the younger girl.

Jisoo: Is there something wrong Jendeuk?

Jennie huffs out an annoyed breath, which only confuses Jisoo even more. 

Jisoo: What's wrong Jennie-ah?

Jennie: Nothing. Everything is fine.

Jisoo stares at the younger in bewilderment. 

Jisoo: Then why do you look annoyed?

Jennie shrugs her shoulders passively. 

Jennie: I'm not annoyed. 

Jisoo scratches her nape in confusion, unsure as of to why Jennie was behaving this way. She decides to remain silent, thinking that it was better to wait for the younger to willingly tell her herself. After a few moments of silence, Jennie finally decided to speak.

Jennie: Your friend, Songjoo is it?

Jisoo: Soojoo. 

Jennie: Yeah, Soojoo. Are you two close?

Jisoo nodded, unsure as to where the conversation was headed.

Jennie: How did you two meet? Have you known her for a long time? 

Jisoo: She was actually introduced to me by a friend. And it's been about 2 years since we've known each other.

Jennie leans back in her seat as she processes the details in her brain.

Jennie: You even have nicknames for each other. 

Jisoo chucked lightly.

Jisoo: Yeah, it was actually Soojoo had came up with it.

Jennie huffs out another annoyed breath and mumbles irritatedly under her breath.

Jisoo: Were you saying something Jennie? I can't hear you.

Jennie: No. I'm not saying anything.

Jisoo crosses her arms across her chest.

Jisoo: Okay what's wrong? Why are you upset? Tell me Jendeukie, so I can fix it for you.

Jennie suddenly grabs her bag as she stands up from her seat, startling Jisoo.

Jennie: I'm heading over to Lisa's. You don't have to drive me, I'll take a taxi.

Jisoo: But—

Before Jisoo could say a word, Jennie had already left the table and exited the café. Jisoo stares at the now empty seat in front of her, confused as to what had just happened.

Taking her phone out, she dials Lisa's number.

Lisa: Jisoo! Wassup wassup man!

Jisoo: Hey Lisa, so Jennie is on her way over to your place right now.

Lisa: What do you mean? Why? I thought that you guys are going on a date today.

Jisoo releases a sigh.

Jisoo: So did I. But she suddenly got annoyed for no reason and left me.

Lisa: That doesn't sound right. She wouldn't get annoyed for no reason.

Jisoo: That's the thing. I know that, but she won't tell me why she's mad despite me asking her so many times.

Lisa: Well then did you do something to make her mad?

Jisoo: No.

Lisa: It's hard to believe when it's you I'm talking to Unnie.

Jisoo: Yah, what's that supposed to mean?

Lisa: It means that we're practically the same person Unnie. And Jennie usually gets mad at me for things I didn't mean to do too. 

Jisoo: But I don't think I did anything wrong today. She was still in a good mood before we entered the café.

Lisa: Then tell me what happened after you came to the café.

Jisoo: I held the door for her, and told her a few jokes, but she laughed at those. Then I ordered our drinks, and there wasn't anything wrong with that either. 

Lisa: Yeah, nothing seems wrong so far. What else did you do?

Jisoo: Thats it. After ordered our drinks, Soojoo came and—

Lisa: Wait, wait, wait... Soojoo?

Jisoo: Yeah, we ran into Soojoo at the coffee shop.

At Jisoo's response, Lisa bursts into a fit of laughter over the phone. The older girl had to hold the phone further way because of how loud Lisa was laughing.

Jisoo: Yah, what's so funny?

Lisa: Unnie, are you serious right now? Are you playing dumb or are you actually clueless as of to why Jennie unnie is mad?

Jisoo: I have no idea what you're talking about.

Lisa releases another fit of giggles at Jisoo's cluelessness.

Lisa: She's jealous Unnie.

Jisoo: Who's jealous? Jennie?

Lisa: Yup.

Jisoo: Of who? 

Lisa mentally face palms herself at her friend's obliviousness.

Lisa: She's jealous of Soojoo, Unnie!

Jisoo did a double take, unsure of whether she had heard Lisa correctly.

Jisoo: She's jealous of Soojoo? Why?

Lisa: Tsk, tsk. Unnie, if you see Jennie Unnie being friendly with me, how would you feel?

Jisoo: I'd be okay with it. You guys are friends. 

Lisa: Jennie Unnie is different. You've dated her for over 2 years, and now you've been married to her for a year. You should know by now how easily jealous she can get.

Jisoo releases a heavy sigh, and silently scolds herself for being so dense.

Jisoo: Aish, I really messed up this time.

Lisa chuckled on the other line.

Lisa: It's fine Unnie. Just come over and pick her up in an hour. And prepare something to make up to her, and she'll eventually forgive you.

Jisoo: Alright, Thanks Lisa-yah. Take care of her for me.

Lisa: No problem. Bye Unnie. 

Jisoo: Bye.

Jisoo hangs up the phone and sets it down on her table. 

Jisoo: I'm an idiot.

Jisoo gets up from her seat and places some cash on the table to pay for her drinks, before walking out of the café.

To her obliviousness, Hanbin has been seated in the table behind her's and Jennie's the whole time. He had witnessed and heard everything that happened between the two girls.

He looks down at his phone and scrolls to the photo he had stealthily taken of Soojoo.

Smirking to himself, he takes a sip from his coffee.

Hanbin: Bingo.

 

•••

 

Jisoo stood outside Lisa's door with a bouquet of Jennie's favorite flowers in her hand.

She had been preparing all afternoon the perfect date in order to make it up to Jennie. Now standing outside Lisa's front door, she couldn't help but feel nervous.

Raising her hand up, she rings the doorbell and waited patiently.

After a few moments, the door had opened, revealing Lisa's amused face. Behind her was a sulking Jennie.

Lisa: Jisoo unnie, what a surprise to see you here!

Jisoo smiles nervously before handing the flowers to Jennie.

Jisoo: These are for you.

Jennie refuses to grab the bouquet, causing Lisa to roll her eyes. She nudges her friend's arm in which the latter reluctantly took the flowers from Jisoo's hand.

Lisa smiled and nodded approvingly before pushing Jennie outside.

Jennie: Yah Lalisa!

Lisa: Have fun you two! Don't come back!

And with that, the younger had closed the door.

Jisoo stood awkwardly behind an annoyed Jennie. The younger girl turns around and gives her a glare before walking off.

Jisoo curses inside her head and chased after the latter.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah, where are you going?!

Jennie: I'm calling for a taxi.

Jisoo: Come on Jennie-ah. I'm sorry.

Jennie ignores Jisoo apology and continues walking.

Jisoo: I didn't know that you were mad Jendeuk-ah. Soojoo is just a friend to me.

Jennie whips around and shoots Jisoo a deathly glare.

Jennie: Who said I was mad? 

Jisoo steps forward and grabs Jennie's face between her hands.

Jisoo: I'm sorry Jennie-ah. It was all my fault, I'm sorry for being so clueless. Can you please forgive me?

Jennie closes her eyes and releases a tired sigh.

Jennie: Is she really just a friend?

Jisoo: Yes. I love you, and only you. Soojoo is just my friend, there's absolutely nothing going on between us.

Jennie: It's didn't seem like it.

Jisoo leans forward and placed a kiss on Jennie's forehead.

Jisoo: Don't forget that you're the woman that I love, the person whom I'm married to. Not Soojoo, or anyone else.

Jennie nodded slowly, as she feels her anger fade away. Jisoo smiles and pulls the younger into her embrace.

Jisoo: I love you Jendeukie.

Jennie smiled softly at Jisoo's words, and returns the latter's hug. However she couldn't bring herself to say the same three words back. She was still unsure of whether she was in love with Jisoo or not. 

It's been 4 years, and although her feelings for the older girl still lingers, she wasn't sure if she could call it love. 

Jennie had to sort out her feelings first. The younger was afraid of getting her heart broken again, for she still can't bring herself to fully trust Jisoo.

Jennie decides to remain silent and buries her head into Jisoo's shoulder as she relaxed into the older girl's embrace.

 

•••

 

Hanbin sat in the corner of the book store as he waited for his guest. 

He glances down at the phone and once again scrolls to the photo he had taken of Soojoo. Smirking to himself, he happily celebrated in his head.

After a bit of researching, and hiring someone to look into her past, Hanbin had found out exactly what he had needed.

Hong Soojoo will be the key in his plan to break up Jennie and Jisoo.

From spending years by Jennie's side, he understood how irrational she can be when faced with jealousy. All he needed to do, was put his plan into action, and let Jennie's jealousy do the rest. 

His plan will ensure that she will never have the thought of going back to Kim Jisoo ever again.

The ringing from the door, snaps Hanbin out of his thoughts.

Glancing towards its direction, Hanbin smiled as he sees the figure approaching him. Standing up from his seat, Hanbin held his arm out to greet his friend.

Hanbin: Bobby!

Bobby: Hanbin-ah! It's great to see you dude.

Hanbin: Long time no see.

Bobby: Too long.

Hanbin chuckles as he gestured for the older male to sit down.

Hanbin: Have a seat.

Bobby sat down in the opposite chair and looks towards Hanbin questioningly.

Bobby: So, why'd you call me out? Something you want me to do? 

Hanbin's face morphs into a smirk as he leans forward. He glances around the store before gesturing for Bobby to move closer.

Hanbin: I need your hacking and computer skills to help me stage a scene. 

Bobby: What do you mean by that?

Hanbin: You know Kim Jisoo right?

Bobby: CEO of Dream K or whatever?

Hanbin nodded.

Bobby: What do you need me to do?

Hanbin takes out his phone, and shows Bobby the picture of Soojoo.

Hanbin: I need you to find a way to get her and this girl into a hotel room together, and then lock them in there till morning. 

Bobby: That's a little too simple don't you think? 

Hanbin chuckles deviously as he shook his head.

Hanbin: All I need are pictures of the two of them walking into the hotel together, and then walking out together the next morning. No complications.

Bobby nodded.

Bobby: What's the reason for this Hanbin-ah? You have some grudge against this chick or something?

Hanbin's face darkens as he thought about Jennie's marriage to Jisoo.

Hanbin: That b*tch stole my girlfriend. 

Realization suddenly dawns on Bobby's face, causing him to release a a gasp.

Bobby: Jennie Kim right? They got married last year.

Hanbin nodded disgustedly.

Hanbin: I need a way to separate the two of them, so that Jennie can come back to me.

Bobby nodded approvingly.

Bobby: Sounds interesting... But still, I think we should actually stage a scene for your girlfriend to see. So she'll have no doubts.

Hanbin releases an amused chuckle.

Hanbin: It won't be necessary. Jennie gets jealous easily, and when that happens, she becomes irrational. There's no need to go overboard and risk making mistakes.

Bobby smirks devilishly.

Bobby: You're the devil Kim Hanbin.

Hanbin shrugs. 

Hanbin: No one gets in my way. I'm letting that b*tch off easy for taking my Jennie away from me.

Bobby: But still, wouldn't your girlfriend be hurt by this. You had told me before that she was cheated on in the past, correct?

Hanbin nodded.

Bobby: Wouldn't this be the same as reopening her old scars?

Hanbin shakes his head at the older male's question.

Hanbin: I'm only protecting her Bobby. 

Bobby shoots Hanbin a puzzled look.

Bobby: What do you mean?

Hanbin takes in a deep breath before replying.

Hanbin: My father has a plan... and it will hurt Jennie far more than what I'm planning to do. I'm just trying to protect her, by separating her from Kim Jisoo first.

Bobby gives Hanbin a determined nod.

Bobby: You can count on me Hanbin-ah.