Chapter 29

Don't Deserve You

 

Jennie sat in her hospital room having nothing to do. She felt empty and lonely, but she didn't know why.

Taking a look at her phone for the 50th time that day, she heaves a sigh after seeing that their had been no notifications.

Unlocking her phone, she scrolls through her contacts until she spots the one that she was searching for.

Her finger hovers over Jisoo's number. Ever since the older girl had left for her business trip, Jennie has yet to receive a call nor message from her. 

She had debated over the past two days on whether she should call Jisoo, but had always ended up chickening out.

Calling Jisoo would be saying that she cares for the older girl, which she wasn't. She also didn't want to come off as clingy or desperate. 

So instead she had been waiting for Jisoo to call her. But it had been 3 whole days, and yet the latter has yet to call Jennie.

After a bit more debating, Jennie finally built up the courage to call Jisoo.

But before she could click on the older's number, Hanbin had already entered Jennie's room.

Hanbin: Hey Jen.

With Hanbin in the room, Jennie sets down her phone, pushing the urge to call Jisoo to the back of her mind.

Jennie: Hey Binnie.

Hanbin smiled before seating himself by Jennie's bedside. He handed her a bouquet that had been hidden behind his back.

Hanbin: For you.

Jennie returns him a gentle smile as she took a whiff of the flowers.

Jennie: They're beautiful. But you know you don't have to bring me a present every time you come to visit.

Hanbin shrugs. 

Hanbin: I want to.

Jennie: I know... I just... it makes me feel uncomfortable. 

Hanbin furrows his eyebrows.

Hanbin: What do you mean Jen, I always buy you presents. Why would you feel uncomfortable?

Jennie fiddled with her fingers before answering.

Jennie: It's just... I'm married now. And... I don't want to keep leading you on Hanbin. I want you to move on, and find someone better.

Hanbin's eyes softened as he took ahold of Jennie's face.

Hanbin: I told you Jennie. I said that I would wait for you, no matter how long it takes.

Jennie: But—

Hanbin: Shhh. It's okay, I don't mind waiting Jennie-ah. You're worth it. There's no one else that I could possibly imagine myself with.

Jennie: Hanbin...

Hanbin: I'll always be here Jen... Waiting for you.

Jennie shakes her head as she removed it from Hanbin's hands.

Jennie: I can't Bin-ah. Even though this had been an arranged marriage with Jisoo, I-I don't want to betray her... I don't want to become the person that I have come to despise.

Hanbin bit the inside of his cheeks in order to stop himself from lashing out. 

'She's just confused. Jennie is still mine.'

He takes a deep breath before looking back at the younger.

Hanbin: I get it Jen. But uh... I have to go right now. I have to get to work.

Jennie: Hanbin...

Hanbin: I'll see you some other time Jennie-ah.

Hanbin gives her a tight smile before turning to leave. Jennie stares at his retreating figure until it had exited the room.

Looking down towards her phone, she heaved a sigh before leaning back on the bed.

 

•••

 

Today, Jennie laid in her bed, sulking out of boredom. 

It had been a few weeks since she had been released from the hospital. 

However, due to the fact that her leg was injured, she had been put on crutches and was therefore forbidden to go to work by her doctor.

Until now, she still hasn't received a phone call from Jisoo. But Jennie was no different, she had been unable to bring herself to call the older girl.

She didn't know why, but after her conversation with Hanbin that day, she had lost the urge and courage to call Jisoo.

Hanbin as well had stopped visiting Jennie. 

Lisa was mostly busy with Rosé these days, along with work and repairing the company from the fire. This leaves Jennie all by herself on most days as she just stares at her phone.

Deciding that she couldn't stand another minute of complete silence, Jennie forces her finger to press Jisoo's number.

Before she could come to regret her decision, the other line had already picked.

Cursing inside her head, Jennie took a deep breath before speaking into the phone.

Jennie: Hello?

"Hello! May I ask who is on the other line?"

Jennie was taken back by the voice on the opposite line. 'This is not Jisoo.' Jennie took a glance at the caller ID, making sure that she had clicked on the right number before replying.

Jennie: Um, this is Jennie Kim. Who is speaking?

"The caller ID says Jendeukie though..."

Jennie heard the other person mumble over the phone. Jendeukie was Jisoo's nickname for her, confirming the fact that it was Jisoo's phone number. But why was she not the person who had picked up?

Jennie: Hello?

Jaehyun: Hello, this is Jaehyun speaking. 

Realization dawns on Jennie as she had finally recognized the person on the the line.

She smiles to herself before replying.

Jennie: Hi Jaehyun. I'm Jennie, Jisoo's wife, you were there at my wedding, correct?

Jaehyun: Ah~ I remember now. Nyeongan Jennie Noona~ 

Jennie giggles at his childlike innocence.

Jennie: Annyeong Jaehyun-ah. I uh... Wait, why do you have Jisoo's phone? She's on a business trip right now.

 

•••

 

At the hospital, Jisoo had woken up from her slumber to hear Jaehyun talking with someone on the phone.

Seeing the caller ID on the phone, Jisoo's mind immediately went into panic mode.

Rushing over towards where Jaehyun sat, Jisoo was able to hear what Jennie had said from the other line.

"Wait, why do you have Jisoo's phone? She's on a business trip right now."

Before Jaehyun could answer, Jisoo shook her head, telling the latter not to say a word.

"Repeat after me." She mouthed. Jaehyun nodded before focusing all of his attention onto Jisoo.

Jaehyun: Jisoo noona had forgotten her phone at the hospital... So I am keeping it for her until she comes back.

Jisoo nodded, indicating that Jaehyun had done a good job.

Jennie: I see, that's why she hasn't called me for the past few weeks.

Jisoo froze in her place upon hearing the fact that Jennie had been waiting for her call. Had the younger girl finally been able to open up her heart to Jisoo again?

Jisoo shifted her attention back to Jaehyun and gestured for him to continue. 

Jaehyun: Is that all noona?

Jennie: Yeah...

Jaehyun: Okay! I am going to hang up now—

Jennie: Wait! 

Jaehyun: Yes noona? 

Jennie: Um... Never mind, I'll hang up now.

Jaehyun giggles over the phone.

Jaehyun: Okay, Bye Jennie noona! I will make sure to tell Chaeyoung noona, to call Jisoo noona, and tell her to call you back!

Jennie: Oh no, you don't have to do that Jaehyun-ah! I'll just wait until Jisoo comes back!

Jaehyun: Okay then! It was nice talking to you Jen noona! Bye~

Jennie: Bye Jaehyun.

And with that Jennie ended the phone call. Jaehyun turns to look at Jisoo, in which the older girl gives him a thumbs up.

Jaehyun smiles brightly as he returns to his coloring. Jisoo heaved out a sigh before collapsing against the couch. 

'That was a close call.'

 

•••

 

After the phone call had ended, Jennie had fallen back on her bed. She was slightly anticipating to hear Jisoo's voice, but of course, the universe had to go against her once again.

But still, now that Jennie has had a bit more time to process everything, she realized that even though Jisoo had left her phone back in Seoul, couldn't she have called Jennie with the hotel phone or some other phone? 

Or was it that the older girl was even too busy to give her a call?

Jennie closes her eyes and breathes out a sigh. 'There was only a few weeks left before Jisoo would be back from her business trip. I can wait that long.'

Jennie laid in her bed as she stares up at the ceiling. She never knew that she could ever be this bored. Maybe Jisoo had something around the house that could help take her mind off this dullness. 

Lifting herself up from the bed, Jennie grabs her crutches and carefully made her way downstairs. She enters the living room and slowly sat herself onto the floor just in front of the TV.

She looks around and notices a camera tucked deep within a cabinet of the table. Jennie reaches inside and grabbed the camera. 

She releases a gasp upon recognizing that the camera is the same exact camera that Jisoo had used to take photos and videos of Jennie from back when they were dating.

Jennie: Oh my god...

Jennie turns the camera around before attempting to turn it on. After a few moments of fiddling around with the camera, Jennie had finally managed to turn it on. She goes into the saved photos and was shocked to see that everything was still there. 

From pictures of Jennie sleeping, working, and smiling, to videos of her cooking and singing. 

Everything is there, and Jisoo hasn't deleted a single thing. Jennie's vision blurred as fresh tears welled up in her eyes. She had scrolled upon an old video of her and Jisoo. 

It was a video of the two of them trying to make slime. 

Jennie smiled at the memory. They had failed so badly, and although Jennie had felt so disappointed, Jisoo had been there to lift her mood up.

In the end she didn't really care if she had succeeded in making the slime or not, because Jisoo was there. Jisoo had always been there. 

Jennie closes her eyes to gather her tears. After a minute of calming herself down, she opened her eyes  and played the video.

 

•••

 

Jisoo: Smile Jendeukie! 

Jennie: Chu~ Stop filming and come over and help me~

Jisoo who was in the middle of recording Jennie releases a laugh full of joy.

Jisoo: Jendeuk-ah, if I come over to help you, who will film your adorable, cute self right now?

Jennie: Ah~ I messed up so bad! No! The spoon fell inside!

Jisoo laughs at her adorable girlfriend. She sets down the camera and crawls over to help the younger girl out.

Jisoo: Ahh, you messed up so bad Mandeukie.

Jisoo lightly flicks Jennie's forehead, causing the younger girl to scowl.

Jennie: If you had come over to help me in the first place, I wouldn't have messed up.

Jisoo scoffs playfully.

Jisoo: So it's my fault now?

Jennie huffs in annoyance and grabbed the bowl of slime before turning towards the other direction to mix it.

Jisoo smiled to herself and crawled to the other side to face Jennie. 

The younger girl once again turned the other away.

Jisoo lightly chuckles before wrapping her arms around Jennie's torso. She buries her head into the younger's hair before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Jisoo: I'm sorry Jennie-ah, I should've helped you. Please forgive me.

Jennie smiled, before turning around to face Jisoo. 
The older girl grinned from ear to ear before leaning over and pecked the younger on her lips.

Jennie's cheeks flushed in embarrassment as her ears turned red.

Jennie: Y-yah, w-why did y-you suddenly do that?

Jisoo: Because I love you.

Jennie: But still. It was so s-sudden.

Jisoo lets out a laugh and pinches the younger girl's cheeks.

Jisoo: Aigoo~ Is my Jendeukie embarrassed?

Jennie: Chu~

Jennie pouted and Jisoo couldn't help but gush over her beautiful yet adorable girlfriend. She leans over and kissed Jennie's forehead.

Jisoo: I love you Jennie.

Jennie laughs.

Jennie: Stop it already, you're giving me goosebumps!

Jisoo ignores Jennie's comment as she leans over once more and gently kisses the younger's cheek.

Jisoo: I love you Jennie Kim.

Jennie stares at Jisoo for a moment before breaking into a small smile.

Jennie: I know Jisoo.

This time, Jennie was the once who leaned over and kissed Jisoo. As she pulls away, Jisoo pulls her back, and smashes her lips into Jennie's once more.

She then buries her head into Jennie's neck as she took in her girlfriend's scent.

Jisoo: I love you Jennie-ah.

Jennie: I know Jisoo.

 

•••

 

The video ended and Jennie felt tears stream down her face. 

The days that she spent loving Jisoo were the happiest days of her life. She could never bring herself to forget all those moments even if she tried to.

They were special. 

Jennie continues to scroll through the photos and came across one of her and Jisoo sleeping together.

She remembered this day. It was New Year's Eve, and Jennie's dog, Kai, had passed away. 

Jennie had stayed at Jisoo's house that night, and the older girl had never left her side. Jisoo was there to help Jennie through everything. 

She remembers falling asleep in Jisoo's arms, and the older girl had probably fallen asleep afterwards. Jennie assumes that the picture had been taken by Jisoo's parents.

She looks at longingly and ran her hand across the screen.

Everything had gone wrong that day for Jennie, but yet Jisoo had made everything better and cheered her up.

Jennie longed to go back to those days. When everything was still fine. 

But how could she and Jisoo return to how they once were when Jisoo still can't even tell Jennie why she had cheated on her.

Jennie heaves a sigh and continued to scroll through the camera roll.

Each photo or video she came across had reminded her of a memory, memories of when she was happy. 

She then stumbled upon a rare video of Jisoo. It was rare to find photos or videos of Jisoo in the camera, for older girl had dedicated it to capturing Jennie, and only Jennie.

The only times where Jisoo would be seen in the photo was if the picture had the both of them in the frame.

Jennie thinks back to the day this video had taken place, in which it had brought a smile to her face.

The video was of Jisoo singing a song she had written for Jennie's birthday.

Jennie presses the play button and climbed onto the couch. She listened to Jisoo's deep, yet gentle voice as she sang Jennie her song.

Clutching the camera to her chest, Jennie fell asleep listening to Jisoo's voice.

 

•••

 

[Verse 1]

Can't say how the days will unfold

Can't change what the future may hold

But I want you in it

Every hour

Every minute

[Verse 2]

This world can race by far too fast

Hard to see while it's all flyin' past

But it's clear now

When you're standin' here now

I am meant to be

Wherever you are next to me

[Chorus]

All I wanna do

Is come runnin' home to you

Come runnin' home to you

And all my life I promise to

Keep runnin' home to you

Keep runnin' home to you

[Bridge]

And I could see it right from the start

Right from the start

That you would be, be my light in the dark

Light in the dark

Oh, you gave me no other choice but to love you

[Chorus]

All I wanna do

Is come runnin' home to you

Come runnin' home to you

And all my life I promise to

Keep runnin' home to you

Keep runnin' home, home to you

Can't say how the days will unfold

Can't change what the future may hold

But I want you in it

Every hour, every minute

The song is called Runnin' Home To You and is originally sang by Grant Gustin, if you guys want to listen to it. :)

Remember to stream Jennie's song BLINKS! Let's give our girl the love and support she deserves!!! <333 

xoxo