Chapter 24

Don't Deserve You

 

Jennie gazes out the window of her seat. She was currently sitting inside a café waiting for Hanbin to show up. 

Finally, after a few more minutes of waiting, Hanbin had burst through the doors of the café, gasping for air. Spotting Jennie, he approached her table and gave her an apologizing look.

Hanbin: Sorry Jen, something came up as I was on my way here so I had to take care of it first before I could come. 

Jennie smiled and him and shrugged her shoulders. 

Jennie: It's fine Hanbin-ah, I haven't been waiting for that long anyway. 

Hanbin returns the smile and sits down in the seat across from her's.

Hanbin: How are you today? I haven't seen you since like, a week ago.

Jennie: It's been okay. I'm still adjusting.... with the marriage and everything you know. It's... it's been okay.

Hanbin: O-oh really... That's, that's great Jen. 

Jennie shut her eyes and shook her head.

Jennie: I'm... I'm sorry. That was awkward... I shouldn't have brought that up.

Hanbin: No, no. It's fine. It was my fault, I was the one who asked.

Jennie: Are you sure? Cause I'm really sorry Hanbin, I didn't want things to be awkward--

Hanbin: Yeah, it's fine.... 

Hanbin stops mid sentence and took a good look at Jennie's face. He took ahold of Jennie's hand and looked into her eyes.

Hanbin: Are you sure that you're okay?

Jennie retracted her hand and Hanbin felt a tinge of disappointment seeping through him. However, he had brushed it off and plastered on a small smile.

Jennie: Yeah... I mean, at first it was difficult you know... But after these 2 months of living under the same roof with Jisoo, I'm starting to feel a little less resentful towards her.

Hanbin clenched his hands together at Jennie's response, but had quickly hid it under the table and gave her a smile.

Hanbin: Thats great Jennie... But I still don't trust Jisoo... she still is the same person who had cheated on you 4 years ago.

Jennie: Don't worry Hanbin-ah, I haven't forgotten what's she's done to me. I'm not gonna fall for her again. 

Hanbin smiled a genuine smile this time, happy that Jennie was still his. However, the words that she had spoke next had erased the content he felt and replaced it with anger.

Jennie: But you know... there are times where I just... want to forget about everything that had happened between us.

Hanbin: What do you mean Jennie-ah?

He asked slowly.

Jennie: I... I honestly don't even know what I'm saying but... Sometimes I just want take everything that had happened between me and Jisoo and put it behind us.

Seeing Hanbin's expressionless face, Jennie thought that he was just confused as to what she had meant.

Jennie: It's just, I'm so tired of it all you know... What's good about keeping this grudge against Jisoo? It's not like doing this can fix what had happened between the two of us 4 years ago... It wouldn't erase the pain that she had caused me to feel... 

Jennie glanced at Hanbin's face once more and noticed that he was deep into his thoughts.

Jennie: You must think that I'm pretty stupid for thinking this way right? Forgiving the person who had hurt me so much in the past.

Her words seemed to have snapped Hanbin out his thoughts. He shifted his attention back to her before speaking.

Hanbin: No, you're not stupid Jen. I get why you would think this way.

Jennie blinked a few times out of bewilderment.

Jennie: Really?

Hanbin nods.

Hanbin: I do. It's just... I don't want her to hurt you again Jennie. I mean who's to say that she wouldn't? She's done it once before and she could do it again... Jisoo just isn't trustworthy... I just want what's best for you Jennie-ah.

Jennie began to process Hanbin's words. She agreed that he did have a point. 

If she did decide to forgive Jisoo, who's to say that the older girl wouldn't run off and cheat on her again? Jennie can't allow herself to fall for Jisoo again, to be fooled by her again.

Besides, Hanbin would never lie to her, he's always been the person who cares most about her. Why would he lie to her when he cares about her? 

If Hanbin doesn't trust Jisoo then maybe she shouldn't either. 

Jennie shook her head to clear her thoughts.

Jennie: You're right Hanbin-ah. I don't know what I was thinking. I should never forget what she's done to me.

Hanbin smiled contently, knowing that Jennie was no longer considering to forgive Jisoo. There's a chance that he can still win her back.

He finally relaxed and released the grip of his clenching hand, which was now bleeding. 

Quickly grabbing a napkin to wipe away the blood, he gave Jennie a smile.

Hanbin: I'm glad Jen. I just want what's best for you.

Jennie: I know Hanbin. I really appreciate it.

Hanbin: Anytime.  

Jennie smiled and took a sip from her drink. Hanbin allowed himself to stare at how beautiful she looks by just drinking from a cup. 

Jennie Kim was just beautiful in every way. 

Which was why he was going to win her back. Jennie is his, and he won't ever let her go.

 

•••

 

Jisoo sat in the seat across from Changmin, who was currently in the middle of her checkup. Chaeyoung had wanted to accompany her, but the she had rejected her offer and urged the latter to go on a date with Lisa instead.

Changmin: How have you been feeling this week? Any pain? Dizziness? Fatigue?

Jisoo shook her head. 

Jisoo: I feel normal oppa, no sign of pain at all.

Changmin: You sure?

Jisoo nods and gives him an okay sign.

Jisoo: A hundred percent.

Changmin broke into a grin, and leaned back in his seat.

Changmin: So, how are you feeling Jichu. There's only one more week left until your big surgery. Are you excited?

Jisoo let out a laugh filled with joy. 

Jisoo: Are you serious right now oppa? Of course I'm excited! You know exactly how long I've been waiting for this day.

Changmin chuckled, feeling happy in place of the younger.

Changmin: I'm happy for you Chu. You deserve this.

Jisoo: Thanks oppa. But it was all thanks to you, Chaeyoung, and Junmyeon oppa who had helped me through this. I really couldn't have held on for this long without you guys. 

Changmin shook his head.

Changmin: You don't have to thank me Jisoo. You're my friend, and the same goes for Suho and Chaeng as well, we'll always be here for you. 

Jisoo broke into a smile.

Jisoo: I know oppa. 

The older boy returns her smile and glances at his watch.

Changmin: It's almost 1:00, how about we head out for lunch today? It's on me.

Jisoo: How can I deny when you're making such a generous offer.

Changmin chuckled and shook his head at Jisoo's playfulness. He got up from his seat and changed out of his coat. Opening the door, he let Jisoo walk out first before closing the door. He extended his arm out and gave the younger girl his charming smile.

Changmin: Shall we Miss Jisoo.

Smiling to herself, Jisoo hooks her arm around Changmin's and gave him a slight nod.

Jisoo: We shall.

The two broke into a fit of laughter before heading out.

 

•••

 

Hanbin was walking Jennie home that night when he suddenly receives a call. After ending the phone call, he turns towards Jennie and gave her an apologetic look. 

Jennie: Is something wrong?

Hanbin: I'm so sorry Jen. I just got an urgent call and I really have to go.

Jennie: Well then go, I'll be fine.

Hanbin: No, no. I should at least make sure you get back home safely first.

Jennie chuckled.

Jennie: I'll be fine Hanbin-ah. It's only a couple of more blocks away from here. If you have to go then go.

Hanbin hesitated for a while before nodding.

Hanbin: Alright, I'm gonna get going then. I'll call you tomorrow okay?

Jennie nodded. 

Jennie: Go.

Hanbin gave her a small smile before rushing off.

Jennie watched as his figure faded away into the distance. Taking a deep breath, she pulled her coat more tightly around her petite figure. The winter wind was seeping through the layers of her clothes, giving her goosebumps throughout her body.

Turning around, she started to make her way home. A rustle in the trees caused Jennie to jump in freight. 

She quickly looked around to make sure that there was no one around her. The streets were dark due to the broken street lights, but there seems to be no one in sight. Releasing a sigh of relief, Jennie turns back around.

Suddenly, the figure of a man had jumped out from an alleyway in front of her. Jennie stepped back in fear, her heart was hammering against her chest.

Jennie: W-what d-do you w-w-want?

As the man drew near her, Jennie noticed the smell of alcohol and drugs radiating off of his ragged clothes. His face twisted into a devilish sneer as he made his way closer towards her.

Man: I don't want anything sweetheart. I just want you.

Jennie: G-get away. Or I swear I'm g-gonna c-call the cops.

The man stretched out his arms in a mocking away, not seeming to care.

Man: Well then go ahead sugar. Let's see if you're faster or if I'm faster.

Jennie felt the warm tears prick eyes as they started to pool down her cheeks. She was beyond terrified. What was she supposed to do? She was alone on a dark street with a drug addict.

Jennie: HELP! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!

The man snarled angrily and lunged at her. He aggressively grabbed her arm and pinned her against the wall.

Man: SHHH! You're gonna ruin everything. 

Jennie started to cry, which only made the man laugh with pleasure.

Man: Don't you worry sweetheart... It will all be over soon.

The man started to lean in, and Jennie clenched her eyes shut. But before he could do anything, he was already knocked away by someone. Jennie opened her eyes to see Jisoo in the middle of fighting with the man.

Jennie: JISOO! 

Jisoo took a glance at Jennie which gave the drug addict the upper hand. He took a swing at her, and cuffed her across her jaw. 

Jennie let a scream as she watched Jisoo get knocked to the ground. The older girl pushed herself up and kicked the man in the groin. As he fell to the ground in pain, she punched him across the face.

Looking down at his bloodied face, Jisoo kicked his head, knocking him out.

Turning back to look at Jennie, she saw how afraid the latter was. She slowly approaches the younger girl, and pulled Jennie into her embrace.

Jisoo: You're safe now Jennie-ah. Shhh, it's okay. You're safe.

Jennie pulls away and took a good look at Jisoo's face. The older girl seemed to have a nasty bruise already forming around her bloodied lip. Jennie flinched upon seeing how badly Jisoo had been hurt.

Jennie: Jisoo...

Jennie looks at Jisoo with heartbroken eyes, guilty that the older had been hurt because of her.

Jennie: Ji--

Jisoo: I'm fine Jen. Come on, let's go home.

 

•••

 

As soon as they got home, Jisoo immediately led Jennie to the living room and sat her down on the couch. The younger girl was still shaken up over the night's events. 

Jisoo took her coat off and draped it across Jennie's body.

Jisoo: I'm gonna go get you some water. 

After few moments later, Jisoo returns to the living room with the glass of water. Kneeling down, she handed it to Jennie. The younger girl's shaking hand reached out and grabbed onto the glass unsteadily.

Jennie let her eyes travel back towards the bruise on Jisoo's lips. She then shifted them to the latter's eyes. Jisoo's gaze on her was warm and tender, as if she was a delicate porcelain doll. 

Jennie raises her hand and lightly brushes away the strands of hair on Jisoo's face. She lets it travel down to wound on her lips and gently traces her finger over it. 

Jisoo's grimace of pain didn't go unnoticed by Jennie, which deepened her guilt towards the older girl. Much to Jisoo's confusion, Jennie abruptly stood up and headed into the kitchen.

She came back moments later with the first aid kit, and sat back down.

Jennie: Come sit with me Jisoo. I have to clean up your wound.

Jisoo: It's nothing Jen, I'm fine.

Jennie: No you're not Jisoo. Stop being stubborn and let me help you.

Jennie's quick outburst had seemed to silence Jisoo. She stood up from her spot and sat down on the couch next to Jennie. The younger tenderly applied alcohol onto Jisoo's wound, causing her to wince in pain. 

Jennie flicks her eyes to Jisoo's for a quick moment, her expression worried. 

Jennie: It must hurt a lot.

Jisoo: Not really. I can barely feel it.

Jennie: Don't lie to me Jisoo. 

Jisoo: I promise you that I'm fine Jennie-ah. It would heal in a couple of days. 

Releasing a sigh, Jennie finished up and applied a bandaid on Jisoo's lips. Looking into Jisoo's eyes, she gazed at them quietly before speaking.

Jennie: Thank you for saving me. I-I don't know what I would've done if he... if he...

Jisoo places her hand on Jennie's and gave her a small smile.

Jisoo: It's alright. I know Jen, you don't have to thank me.

Tears started to pour down Jennie's face as she came to realize how much worse the situation could've been.

Jennie: I-it's not alright. Y-you could've b-been more injured t-than you are now, o-or even worse... a-and... gosh I don't know what I would've done if something had happened to you because of me Jisoo. I would never have forgiven myself.

Jisoo's heart throbbed painfully as she listens to Jennie, her expression softens as she pulls the younger girl into her embrace. Jennie released heavy sobs as she took comfort in Jisoo's arms.

Jennie: Thank you Jisoo, thank you for being okay.

Jisoo: Shhh. Everything is gonna be okay Jendeuk-ah. You're safe, and I'm okay. 

The 2 remained in each other's embrace for a while longer until Jennie had finally pulled away. Standing up from her spot, she gestured towards the stairs.

Jennie: I'm gonna head to bed now. 

Jisoo: That's a good idea. Get a good night's sleep Jen, and stay at home tomorrow if you need to.

Before Jennie walked away, she turned back towards Jisoo worriedly.

Jennie: You should get some rest yourself too Jisoo, you look a little pale right now.

Jisoo gave her a small smile. 

Jisoo: You go ahead, I'll be up in a few minutes.

Jennie nodded before heading up to her room.

Jisoo watched as Jennie made her way up the stairs. As soon as the latter had closed the door to her room, Jisoo raises a hand to clutch her chest and released a groan of pain. 

Her heart had suddenly began to throb again. Jisoo unsteadily lifted herself from the couch and stumbled her way towards the kitchen.

Opening the secret cupboard, she quickly grabbed her medicine and gulped the pills down. After a few seconds, the pain of her heart had subsided, though there still remained a dull ache.

Releasing a tired sigh, she decided to head to her room. She knew that today's events hadn't been good for her heart. 

She was lucky that nothing bad had happened. Holding onto the wall for support, she slowly made her way up the stairs.

Before entering her room, Jisoo took a glance at Jennie's door. Looking down, she shook her head and walked inside.

 

--

 

Here's a new update to celebrate our girls getting to work again! Have you guys listened to Kiss and Make Up?! 💋 That song is a BOP!!! 🔥 My woman Kim Jisoo killed me! She slayyyed! 💖

All the other members were amazing as well! Ugh, their voices are so gooood! 😭😭❤️

There's also the fact that our girls are gonna each have their own solo debuts!! Today was such a good day for me guys, hence the update. Thanks for reading, and I hoped that all of your guys' days had been great as well. 😘❤️

xoxo~ 💋