Chapter 49

Don't Deserve You

 

An update in celebration of Blackpink's comeback! :)) LET'S KILL THIS LOVE!!!! <3

I'm sorry for not updating a lot lately... :/ It's my senior year of high school, and I'm trying to keep my grades up for college. My teachers are literally throwing me essays left and right. I hope you guys understand... :(( 

However I do promise that once summer hits, I'll update more frequently! ;) This story is coming to an end anyways. To end this author's note, I want to say thank you for all of your support! Without you guys, I wouldn't have been able to continue writing, so thank you for reading my story and continuing to give me your support! I love every single one of you. <3

xoxo

 

•••

 

Jisoo pulls into the driveway as she sat breathlessly in her car. 

She thought back to the events that had happened that night and ran a hand through her hair. 

Her heart pounded with adrenaline as the memories came rushing back at her. 

 

•••

 

Jiyong: Let's end it here.

Jisoo stares at the gun that laid in Jiyong's hand. She glances him in confusion as he gestures for her to take the gun.

Hesitantly she reaches for it, unsure of what he wanted her to do. 

Jiyong gives her a resigned smile as he pointed towards his head. 

Jiyong: Right here. Let's end it all right now Jisoo. Kill me. 

Jisoo blinked a few times, unsure of whether she had heard correctly.

Jisoo: What are you talking about?

Jiyong: Take revenge for your parents. I'm giving you a chance right now.

Jisoo scoffs as she tries to hide the shaking of her voice.

Jisoo: I'm not stupid old man. Once I kill you, your wife will come rushing in and call the cops to arrest me. You're planning on taking me down with you.

Jiyong shook his head.

Jiyong: Haven't you noticed yet? Jennie's mother isn't home. She's at a dinner party with her friends and won't be home until tomorrow. No one will know what happens tonight except for you and I.

Jisoo scrunches her face in confusion as she tries to figure out what Jiyong was playing at.

Jisoo: What are your real intentions Kim Jiyong?

Jiyong looks down towards the floor, and his following actions confused Jisoo even more than before. The elder man glances up, his face smeared with tears.

Jiyong: Don't you get it? This is it. I'm done. I'm tired of everything. And I want you to be the one to end me. 

Jisoo: Why?

Jiyong: Because I owe it to you... Please take care of Jennie when I'm gone. My daughter and wife have nothing to do with my crimes. That is my last wish and plea to you.

Jisoo: Are you testing me old man? Do you think I won't do it?

Jiyong shook his head.

Jiyong: My life is in your hands.

Jisoo stares at the man before her as she slowly raises the gun up and points it towards him. She gripped onto the gun with both of her hands in order to stop it from trembling. 

With a content look on his face, Jiyong closes his eyes as he waits for his demise. 

Jisoo looked at the gun that was shaking unsteadily in her hand before shifting her gaze towards Jiyong. Taking in a deep breath, she brought her finger towards the trigger. 

Her body froze in hesitation. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't bring herself to do it. 

She closes her eyes tightly and shook her head before pulling the trigger. 

For a moment, there was only silence. Jisoo stood in her place breathing heavily as the gun trembled within her shaking hand. 

Slowly, she allows her arm to relax before throwing the gun across the room. 

Jiyong opens his eyes in bewilderment when he realizes that he was still aliveHe stares at Jisoo in surprise, wondering why the younger hadn't pulled the trigger.

Jisoo: You can't die. Not that easily. I may not kill you today, but don't think that I've forgiven you. You still have to pay for everything you've done towards my family.

And with a final sneer, Jisoo turns around and left Jiyong kneeling speechlessly in his office.

 

•••

 

Jisoo closes her eyes and takes in a deep breath to calm down her racing heart. After a while, she opens her eyes, and notices that her hand was trembling. 

Suddenly, she was engulfed with a surge of anger. Anger at herself for not being able to end Jiyong's life, she was angry for being so weak. 

She beat her hand against the steering wheel before halting in an emotional mess. Her face was once again stained with tears.

Raising her hand, she wipes away the tears before exiting her car.

She made her way into the house, and was immediately greeted by Jennie. 

Jennie: Jisoo... Can we talk?

Jisoo: I really can't today Jennie.

Jisoo moves to pass Jennie, but the younger once again blocks her path.

Jennie: I'm tired Jisoo. Every time when I make a move to talk to you, you always brush me off. Enough is enough. We need to talk about this.

Jisoo shuts her eyes and releases a heavy sigh before walking over towards the couch.

Seeing that her wife had somehow listened to her, Jennie walks over and sits down as well. She examines Jisoo's face and notices the bags and tear stains under her eyes.

Her eyes furrow in confusion and worry.

Jennie: What's going on with you Jisoo? I want to know why you are acting this way. Is... is it because of me?

Jisoo refuses to look into Jennie's eyes. She couldn't bare to look at the younger girl's tired face, knowing that it was because of her that Jennie was like this.

Jisoo: I don't know what you're talking about.

Jennie: You know very well Jisoo. You're not the same person that I fell in love with. I... I don't know what you're trying to do. But it's not gonna work. I'm not letting you go this time.

Jisoo: What if I told you that I'm bored?

Jennie's lips trembled at Jisoo's words, the tears pricking at her eyes.

Jennie: Bored of what?

Jisoo: Bored of this marriage.

Jennie: What?

The crack in the younger's voice was enough to send a thousand stabs of pain through Jisoo's heart. However, she kept her expression cold.

Jisoo: I used to think that having you was all I needed. That as long as the two of us loved each other, nothing in this world would matter and that every sacrifice I make would be worth it. But now that we're married, I've realized that it wasn't what I wanted.

Fresh tears poured down from Jennie's eyes, as her body begins to shake.

Jennie: What are you saying Jisoo? 

Jisoo lifts her face up and looks straight into Jennie's eyes.

Jisoo: I'm done Jennie Kim. Let's file a divorce.

The shock of Jisoo's words sent Jennie's whole world toppling down. Her heart was in tatters, and she didn't know what to say or do at that moment.

Jennie: I don't want to.

Jisoo shuts her eyes and tries to keep her emotions and tears at bay.

Jisoo: You wanted to talk and that's all I have to say.

Jennie shook her head.

Jennie: You're lying. You-you're trying to push me away! I-I don't know why, but I'm not gonna do it! I'm not going anywhere Jisoo! Nothing you do will make me stop loving you! We're not divorcing, I won't allow it!

Jisoo heaves out a tired sigh as she stands up from her seat.

Jisoo: I told you what I wanted. And if there's nothing else you want to say, I'll take my leave.

Jennie stands up from her seat and wrapped her arms around Jisoo's torso. She buried her head into the older girl's back and bursts into tears.

Jennie: Please Jisoo. Don't do this. Please tell me what's wrong... it hurts me to see you like this. 

Jisoo closes her eyes as she holds back her tears. Slowly, she pulls Jennie's arms off of her and takes a few steps forward to distance herself from the younger girl.

Jisoo: Find someone else Jennie. Find someone who will love you more than I do. Someone who will treat you better than I can. 

A single tear managed to slip down from Jisoo's eye as she uttered the dreadful words. Jennie releases a choked sob as collapses into the ground in an emotional mess.

Jennie: Do you not love me anymore? 

Jennie's voice cracks, and took every single molecule in Jisoo's body to restrain herself from turning around to wrap Jennie into arms. She tightly closes her eyes, and takes in a deep breath in order to try to steady her voice.

Jisoo: Think what you want, it doesn't concern me.

Silence. 

The silence inside the house was deafening, as Jennie felt like as if all of the air had been taken away from her. Suddenly she forgot how to breath, her worst fear was starting to become a reality.

Although there was a part of her that knew that Jisoo was lying, the pain that was caused by the older girl's words had managed to embed itself into her already broken heart nonetheless. 

She shuts her eyes as she could feel her hope fade away as she stares at Jisoo's rigid figure. And after a few more moments, without uttering another word, Jisoo walked away.

Jennie looks towards the ground as the broken sobs escaped from , and heavy drops of tears spilled from her eyes. 

Once again, she was left alone to wallow in her own pain and sorrows. And Jisoo wasn't there to comfort her.

 

•••

 

The next morning, Jisoo was forced awake by a pounding headache. 

She rushes inside the restroom and starts to puke out the contents from her stomach. Glancing towards the door, she unsteadily gets up from her spot and closes it to prevent Jennie from hearing her gagging. 

After awhile, it seems like she had nothing left in her stomach to throw up. However the aching pain pounding her skull hasn't subsided. 

She opens the drawer and takes out some medicine before gulping it down. 

Leaning her head against the toilet, she tries to calm down her rapid breathing as her headache begins to subside. Streams of tears slowly start to make their way down her face as she was suddenly hit with the memories of last night's events.

Jisoo shuts her eyes as she tries to convince herself that what she did was right.

That it was the best choice to let Jennie go. The younger deserved to find happiness after all the pain that Jisoo has caused her all this time. 

The ringing of her phone startled Jisoo from her thoughts.

She carefully lifts herself up before opening the door to grab her phone.

Jisoo: Hello?

Suho: We have to talk Jisoo.

Jisoo: Oppa I really do—

Suho: We're meeting up whether you like it or not Jisoo. 

Jisoo: Oppa...

Suho: Tell me where you want to meet or I will come to your company myself.

Jisoo runs a hand over her face as she nodded in acceptance.

Jisoo: Same place as before.

Suho: The café?

Jisoo: Hmm.

Suho: I'll meet you there.

 

•••

 

Suho was currently seated in front of Jisoo. The two of them have been sitting in silence for the past 10 minutes since they've arrived.

He continues to stare at her intently as he waits for the younger girl to make the first move.

He wanted Jisoo to tell him everything herself, but the longer the time ticked by, the more he felt his patience slip away.

When he couldn't take it anymore, Suho decided to start the conversation.

Suho: Soojoo told me everything about what happened to your parents.

Jisoo's eyes widened upon Suho's words. Her face was swept over with a betrayed expression as she came to realize that Soojoo had revealed her secret after she had made the latter promise not to. 

She looked down towards her hands and tries to avoid eye contact with Suho.

Suho: I'm gonna tell you right now that I don't approve of what you're doing Jisoo.

Jisoo: It's not your choice to make Oppa.

Suho: Jisoo, I know that you're angry and conflicted. Which is why you can't act irrationally, you'll only hurt Jennie as well as yourself. 

Jisoo shook her head defiantly.

Jisoo: I've made up my mind oppa. I'm doing what's best for Jennie. 

Suho: What's best for Jennie is you Jisoo. Haven't realized by now that the two of you are meant for each other? She can't live without you, and you can't live without her.

Jisoo: I don't want to be the reason for her to go against her father oppa. I've already decided that I'm going to get revenge for my parents. I don't want Jennie to get stuck in the middle of this blood battle. 

Suho ran a hand through his hair in frustration. 

Suho: Then let it go Jisoo! Seeking for revenge isn't the answer! Don't you understand that you're putting yourself in harm's way by going after that man?!

Jisoo could feel her blood boiling with anger from underneath her skin at Suho's words, in which she clenched her fists tightly together.

Jisoo: Let it go? You want me to just let it go?! After all that man has done?! He killed my parents oppa! How could you even say that?!

Suho: Your safety and happiness is more important to me Jisoo! After 4 years, you've finally been able to be happy! Are you willing to throw it all away?! To have Jennie hate you again?!

Jisoo's glazed over with tears, however they are also masked with sudden hardness that seemed to startle Suho.

Jisoo: And what makes you think that I'll be able to live happily, while knowing that my parents' murderer is still roaming around and living his life?

Suho heaves out a tired sigh, not knowing what to say.

Suho: What about Jennie, Sooya? Don't you think she deserves to know everything?

Jisoo nodded.

Jisoo: She does. And I'll tell her soon enough, when my plans are settled.

Suho leans back into his chair and shuts his eyes.

Suho: Jennie deserves to make her own choice Jisoo. You can't force her to hate you.

Jisoo: I've made up my mind Oppa. I've never been able to bring Jennie the happiness she deserves. Being with me will only bring her more pain.

Suho: You're being irrational Jisoo. Don't make any decisions that you know you'll regret. 

Jisoo falls back into her seat as she shuts her eyes for a moment.

Jisoo: I believe that what I'm doing is right Oppa. It may be tearing my heart to pieces, but at least it will put my mind at ease. 

Suho stares at the younger girl with sadness and pity etched in his eyes. Seeing this, Jisoo plasters a small smile on her face.

Jisoo: It's been 4 years Oppa. All this time, I've been consumed with guilt for not being able to do anything to save them during that accident. And now I know the truth, and I can do something about it. I need to get justice for my parents.

Suho: I know. But—

Jisoo shuts her eyes and holds up a hand to stop the older boy from speaking.

Jisoo: If that's all, I'm gonna go Oppa. I have a lot of stuff to finish up at the company.

Suho wanted to say something, but thought better about it, and decided to stay silent. He watches as Jisoo stands up from her seat and turns to walk away.

However what confuses him is when the younger suddenly stops in her tracks.

Suho: Jisoo?

Jisoo sways unsteadily in her spot as a blinding pain abruptly hit her head. She shakes her head in order to try and ease the pain, but it only seemed to make it worse.

Suho carefully stands up from his seat before walking over towards Jisoo.

Suho: Sooya, what's wrong?

Jisoo dazedly glances up at the older male, but was unable to reply due to the pain. As her headache began to intensify, she felt the last bit of her strength ebb away. The last thing she saw before everything went black was the look of panic on Suho's face.